French interview - Le Monde Des Ados

Kaito

Source : Thansk to Mikawebsite.com

3-MDA.jpg

http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/toutoune121082/?action=view&

Photo : http://s219.photobucket.com/albums/cc225/toutoune121082/?action=view&current=2-MDA.jpg

I've just begun translating ;>

EDIT - TRANSLATION :

Your fans have had to wait for 3 years to see you back. Why?

After TWKTM, I gave many gigs and I did not write for 2 years. I just couldn’t make it. Back in London, I began to rediscover music on the internet. I wanted to find back the naivety I had had for my 1st album. One day, I got up and decided to go to Montreal…and it took me only a few months to write the album.

Why have you chosen “Love” as central subject for your album?

Because love is completely crazy! We can be as well really happy as really depressed…we never know what’s gonna happen. It’s something that unites us all. But the love songs I’ve written are unconventional. “Elle me dit” is a love song that talks about a “break up” between a mother and a son.

Where did the inspiration for this album come from?

It came from my life. (He smiles) I fell in love and I thought it was an experience that would be perfect to be told. I tried to show each stage of love but in a “punk way”: it’s not cheesy, it’s funny and absurd. Actually, I don’t really care about love.

What does make you happy?

Writing! Even when I feel down, I can create something on my own with the piano. Going on stage too. I feel free there. When you decide what you want to do with your life, you have to wonder what will make you feel free. And at last, eating! Greediness makes me as happy as can be. (XD)

Your “joyful side” makes some people compare you with Teletubbies. (O.o) Does that bother you ?

I play with joy to tease life. But it’s not a fake joy such as “Boum boum, let’s party! ” I make happy pop music but this is sincere. I have serious messages but I convey them my own way. Those who criticize have never been to one of my gigs, which are happy and macabre (dark), a bit like Tim Burton. You can’t be happy unless you’re a bit dark as well.

You’re flirting with electro-music. Aren’t you afraid to lose the sensitive touch of your music ?

There is a way to put your hearth into electro-music, which shouldn’t only be “dance music” made by a computer. For “Celebrate”, everything was recorded with real musicians and then cut which gave the electro sound.

You’re now singing in French. Who should we thank for that?

I grew up in Paris, the French songs are part of my musical culture but I couldn’t write my own lyrics… I met a musician called Doriand and we wrote b4 songs together. Maybe one day it’ll be a whole album…

The Album: From joy to despair, from denial to fighting… Mika tells us about love, from every angle. And he has great weapons to charm us: universal anthems, trippy or joyful ballads and, of course, his kind of ditties, as great as usual.

Gem of diversity, “The Origin of Love” will take you on the roller coaster of LOVE. And the songs in French... we want some more!

Edited by Kaito

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"La gourmandise me rend le plus hereux possible"

This made me smile, really didnt expect to read that :)

thanks for posting:thumb_yello:

He always has been obsessed with food :blush-anim-cl:

I would have expected his boyfriend in that list of 'things that make him happy' though :fisch:

Thanks Kaito!

And at last, eating! Greediness makes me as happy as can be. (XD)

our birthday present for him was such a good idea! :biggrin2::naughty:

There is a way to put your hearth into electro-music, which shouldn’t only be “dance music” made by a computer. For “Celebrate”, everything was recorded with real musicians and then cut which gave the electro sound.

that's interesting. y'know, recently i found out that if you play a normal drum beat backwards, it sounds like some weird electronic music. i wonder if he did that...

t4p and translating! :flowers2:

Where did the inspiration for this album come from?

It came from my life. (He smiles) I fell in love and I thought it was an experience that would be perfect to be told. I tried to show each stage of love but in a “punk way”: it’s not cheesy, it’s funny and absurd. Actually, I don’t really care about love.

"It's not cheesy" He can wish that way! :naughty: He sounds (in some songs) he is is very much in love and it's quite cute :wub2: But I know what he means, and I love it that the album is funny and even absurd, yes.

Thanks for posting & translating!

Edited by tiibet

"It's not cheesy" He can wish that way! :naughty: He sounds (some songs) he is very much love and it quite cute :wub2: But I know what he means, and I love it that the album is funny and even absurd, yes.

The thing that made me laugh is "I don't really care about love"

=> "We believe you, being in love doesn't seem to make you happy at all" :fisch: