• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay guys, can you please please please please please help me out? Do any of you know any Egyptian myths? Not Greek, EGYPTIAN. I need two for tomorrow and I can't find anything. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE.

Okay guys, can you please please please please please help me out? Do any of you know any Egyptian myths? Not Greek, EGYPTIAN. I need two for tomorrow and I can't find anything. Please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please PLEASE.

Isn't that one easy? :teehee: You already know a lot. They believed in life after death, worshipped cats and their sun god's name was Ra :teehee:

I could text my cousin to see if she knows anything? She is really into Egyptian stuff so she might know some myths..maybe.

Isn't that one easy? :teehee: You already know a lot. They believed in life after death, worshipped cats and their sun god's name was Ra :teehee:

Yes, I know that, but I need actual myths. I already have the one about the creation of the world and also one about the extinction of humans, but I need two more.

I think the third one will work, but we'll see.

Yes, I know that, but I need actual myths. I already have the one about the creation of the world and also one about the extinction of humans, but I need two more.

I think the third one will work, but we'll see.

Ah okay I see. I'll try and see what I can find.

This one? Yes I google translated it :aah:

Legend of the source of the Nile

The Nile is one of the world's largest rivers and the Nile god KhnemuRa was a major god in ancient Egypt. From the beginning he showed favor to the people of Egypt, so that it flourished and multiplied. From the Nile was the Egyptians' food. Each year, the river spread across the country with the blessing, so that when it returned within its banks, gave the earth large harvests and all the people were fed. But if the Nile does not overflowed was no blessing in the country.

In the eleventh year of King Djoser government stopped the Nile to see the Egyptians their favor. It remained in its beaches, so that the crop was thin and people complained. But sädesmagasinen were full of what was left of last year's harvest and nobody did miss something - all hoping for a touch-up during the next year. But once stayed Nile within its banks, and this continued for seven years, until there was no food left in the country. Thus was the eighteenth year of King Djoser Government famine so severe that everywhere killed men, women and children from starvation, while those who remained alive were so weak that even the strongest of distress could walk upright. Men's hearts were so hardened that they snatched from the sick and out of small children happens every morsel they come across. It was as if love and compassion and courage died out in the country as well as grain and grapes.

King Djoser mourned annihilated over his people's misery and sought the help of god I-em-Hotep, Ptahs son, the great physician, who in ancient times the Egyptians freed from their troubles, but he got no answer to his prayer. Then he said: "In-em-Hotep will not answer because it does not concern him., It is the Nile god, we must BESIEGE with our prayers." So he sent Mater, governor of the southern provinces, to find out Nilgudens name and also where the river had its source.

Mater was traveling quickly, came to the king, bowed low before him and said, "Great king, in the area you have given me to control is the wonderful island of Elephantine., Where built the first city that ever was known in the world, and from the island amounts sun. On the island is a large cave split into two rooms, both created by women's breasts, and inside the cave is source of the Nile. At the right time of year draws god Khnemu back the bolts on the cave door and the water rushes out a blessing to the country. But Now drag the god no longer back the pistons. He sits in the gudatempel built on Elephantines island, quietly and without moving, because people brought not sacrifice to him of the good gifts He has given them, and because they forgot his name " .

When King Djoser heard this, he waited no longer and stood up quickly and went to the temple of the gods. There, he carried the victims and prayed to God Khnemu that he would re-open its doors so that flood waters could rush out and re-bless the country. Khnemu looked at him and saw the great anguish of his soul and the love he bore to his people, had compassion on him and said: "I Khnemu, the creator. My hands resting upon you to protect you and make your body healthy. I the Nile, which overflows and rises to give health to those who work. I'm everyone's leaders and anvisare, the Almighty, the gods father. Now I have mercy on you and your country, and the Nile will rise again as it did in ancient times. Every year, I pull the bolts from my door so that water rushes out and bless the land and make it productive again so that people get to eat. This I will do because I have compassion on your misery and your country's woes. But remember, the king, to my altar shrine is nerbrutet and no one has tried to build it, even though the stones that could do it all again is all around. "

With my heart full of gratitude replied King Djoser, "You mighty Khnemu, all things creator, Nile god who want to donate bread for my starving people. From now to your temple to be honored and offerings be borne, and I want to issue a proclamation to all of Egypt to worship the good God Khnemu and bring him peace offerings. " Then he bowed and went out and did issue a royal decree that the country on both sides of the Nile would be reserved for temple maintenance, that priests should be appointed to serve Khnemu and the country around it would repay tax for their avlönande.

All this he had engraved on a rock to the commemoration of the god's great bounty. And many thousands of years later, in 1890, this stone was rediscovered on the island of Sahul and the history of the Nile god, known to the world.

Ah okay I see. I'll try and see what I can find.

Thank yooooooooooooooooooou.

This one? Yes I google translated it :aah:

Legend of the source of the Nile

The Nile is one of the world's largest rivers and the Nile god KhnemuRa was a major god in ancient Egypt. From the beginning he showed favor to the people of Egypt, so that it flourished and multiplied. From the Nile was the Egyptians' food. Each year, the river spread across the country with the blessing, so that when it returned within its banks, gave the earth large harvests and all the people were fed. But if the Nile does not overflowed was no blessing in the country.

In the eleventh year of King Djoser government stopped the Nile to see the Egyptians their favor. It remained in its beaches, so that the crop was thin and people complained. But sädesmagasinen were full of what was left of last year's harvest and nobody did miss something - all hoping for a touch-up during the next year. But once stayed Nile within its banks, and this continued for seven years, until there was no food left in the country. Thus was the eighteenth year of King Djoser Government famine so severe that everywhere killed men, women and children from starvation, while those who remained alive were so weak that even the strongest of distress could walk upright. Men's hearts were so hardened that they snatched from the sick and out of small children happens every morsel they come across. It was as if love and compassion and courage died out in the country as well as grain and grapes.

King Djoser mourned annihilated over his people's misery and sought the help of god I-em-Hotep, Ptahs son, the great physician, who in ancient times the Egyptians freed from their troubles, but he got no answer to his prayer. Then he said: "In-em-Hotep will not answer because it does not concern him., It is the Nile god, we must BESIEGE with our prayers." So he sent Mater, governor of the southern provinces, to find out Nilgudens name and also where the river had its source.

Mater was traveling quickly, came to the king, bowed low before him and said, "Great king, in the area you have given me to control is the wonderful island of Elephantine., Where built the first city that ever was known in the world, and from the island amounts sun. On the island is a large cave split into two rooms, both created by women's breasts, and inside the cave is source of the Nile. At the right time of year draws god Khnemu back the bolts on the cave door and the water rushes out a blessing to the country. But Now drag the god no longer back the pistons. He sits in the gudatempel built on Elephantines island, quietly and without moving, because people brought not sacrifice to him of the good gifts He has given them, and because they forgot his name " .

When King Djoser heard this, he waited no longer and stood up quickly and went to the temple of the gods. There, he carried the victims and prayed to God Khnemu that he would re-open its doors so that flood waters could rush out and re-bless the country. Khnemu looked at him and saw the great anguish of his soul and the love he bore to his people, had compassion on him and said: "I Khnemu, the creator. My hands resting upon you to protect you and make your body healthy. I the Nile, which overflows and rises to give health to those who work. I'm everyone's leaders and anvisare, the Almighty, the gods father. Now I have mercy on you and your country, and the Nile will rise again as it did in ancient times. Every year, I pull the bolts from my door so that water rushes out and bless the land and make it productive again so that people get to eat. This I will do because I have compassion on your misery and your country's woes. But remember, the king, to my altar shrine is nerbrutet and no one has tried to build it, even though the stones that could do it all again is all around. "

With my heart full of gratitude replied King Djoser, "You mighty Khnemu, all things creator, Nile god who want to donate bread for my starving people. From now to your temple to be honored and offerings be borne, and I want to issue a proclamation to all of Egypt to worship the good God Khnemu and bring him peace offerings. " Then he bowed and went out and did issue a royal decree that the country on both sides of the Nile would be reserved for temple maintenance, that priests should be appointed to serve Khnemu and the country around it would repay tax for their avlönande.

All this he had engraved on a rock to the commemoration of the god's great bounty. And many thousands of years later, in 1890, this stone was rediscovered on the island of Sahul and the history of the Nile god, known to the world.

:bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow::bow:

I guess you already have this myth, but the site is really cool :teehee:

http://mythicjourneys.org/bigmyth/myths/english/2_egyptian_full.htm

I'll play with that later. :aah: