Interview for Correio da Manhã newspaper (15/10/12): ''I never tried to hide myself''

BiaIchihara

A bit of Mika on Portuguese media, thanks to Mikalândia FB page for posting this ^^

Original link

535871_442948695740214_61329809_n.jpg

TRANSLATION

Mika presents your new record ‘’The Origin Of Love’’, a ‘’fashion’’ and ‘’mature’’ album. The singer performs at Coliseu dos Recreios, in Lisbon, November 22th.

What was the inspiration for this album?

I wanted to go back at the times I did write music only for writing and not thinking of the way people would react to. Anyway, I was desperate to come back to this pure state. I wanted to make something fashion, something that challenged me

Is that a record that shows up a more mature Mika?

Yes, but I have to confess I’m afraid of the word ‘’mature’’. Mature yes, but old not (laughs)

What’s the origin of love?

The origin of love is unreachable. There’s yes, a trip to try to discover that. We can only look for it and see it if we live life without excuses and if we’re able to face it. The name of this album is almost a joke: This is the origin of love, but I can’t find it.

You are very often compared to big names of music like Elton John and David Bowie. Are they the musicians who inspire you?

People like Bowie inspire me, but not as much as Fleetwod Mac, Paul Simon, or Beatles. Now I’m inspired by a French singer called Barbara, a young british called Ren Harvieu and for Mariza! I’m obsessed with her. She’s one of the best singers of the world.

You’ve been to our country many times. What is our country distinct of?

People are generous and don’t see us with bull**** – they are sincere. It’s one of my favourite countries. People ask me if I would live in Lebanon and I answer ‘’not’’. But I wouldn’t mind living in Portugal.

What can we expect from your concert in November 22 at Coliseu dos Recreios, in Lisbon?

It’s a spectacle based on the street teathers, like those ones that appear in the movie ‘’On The Road’’ by director Federico Fellini.

You announced a few time ago you’re gay. Did this revelation make new opens being open?

I never tried to hide myself, I never pretended to be somebody I’m not. But now, I can see people as they are, through their reactions and follow the way with no fear. (Assume the homosexuality) didn’t define my music, but it was important to me as a person.

Edited by BiaIchihara

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the title is too long, the space is not enough, can you cut it shorter?

ok then, the title needs only another '' ( '' before the date

I'm transcripting the text btw, sorry for any mistakes in advance

TRANSLATION

Mika presents your new record ‘’The Origin Of Love’’, a ‘’fashion’’ and ‘’mature’’ album. The singer performs at Coliseu dos Recreios, in Lisbon, November 22th.

What was the inspiration for this album?

I wanted to go back at the times I did write music only for writing and not thinking of the way people would react to. Anyway, I was desperate to come back to this pure state. I wanted to make something fashion, something that challenged me

Is that a record that shows up a more mature Mika?

Yes, but I have to confess I’m afraid of the word ‘’mature’’. Mature yes, but old not (laughs)

What’s the origin of love?

The origin of love is unreachable. There’s yes, a trip to try to discover that. We can only look for it and see it if we live life without excuses and if we’re able to face it. The name of this album is almost a joke: This is the origin of love, but I can’t find it.

You are very often compared to big names of music like Elton John and David Bowie. Are they the musicians who inspire you?

People like Bowie inspire me, but not as much as Fleetwod Mac, Paul Simon, or Beatles. Now I’m inspired by a French singer called Barbara, a young british called Ren Harvieu and for Mariza! I’m obsessed with her. She’s one of the best singers of the world.

You’ve been to our country many times. What is our country distinct of?

People are generous and don’t see us with bull**** – they are sincere. It’s one of my favourite countries. People ask me if I would live in Lebanon and I answer ‘’not’’. But I wouldn’t mind living in Portugal.

What can we expect from your concert in November 22 at Coliseu dos Recreios, in Lisbon?

It’s a spectacle based on the street teathers, like those ones that appear in the movie ‘’On The Road’’ by director Federico Fellini.

You announced a few time ago you’re gay. Did this revelation make new opens being open?

I never tried to hide myself, I never pretended to be somebody I’m not. But now, I can see people as they are, through their reactions and follow the way with no fear. (Assume the homosexuality) didn’t define my music, but it was important to me as a person.

Edited by BiaIchihara

It was me who found it while waiting at the hospital for an appointment for 4 loooong hours and messaged mary!

Me!

ME!!!

MEEEEEE!!!!

Wonka, take your pills and go to sleep!!! :lmfao:

calm down Wonka woman :aah:

I found that article first on Mikalândia and I rushed to post here and translate it :teehee:

thanks for finding it btw, sweeta :huglove:

It was me who foundit while waitingat the hospital for an appointment for 4 loooong hours and messaged mary!

Me!

ME!!!

MEEEEEE!!!!

Wonka, take your pills and go to sleep!!! :lmfao:

Yep! Thanks for the tip, hun! :huglove:

And now, go take your pills, go... :naughty:

calm down Wonka woman :aah:

I found that article first on Mikalândia and I rushed to post here and translate it :teehee:

thanks for finding it btw, sweeta :huglove:

Yes, but guess who posted it in Mikalandia????:fisch:

The following poster,of course!!!:thumb_yello:

Yep! Thanks for the tip, hun! :huglove:

And now, go take your pills, go... :naughty:

i practically yelled and jumped in the waiting room...Rui was reading the newspaper and then he told me:Your friend is in the newspaper, and i thought what friend????:naughty:

Men!!!:mikacool::mikacool::mikacool: