MIKA @ Theaterfabrik, Munich, GERMANY - 6 November 2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

Part 2

At 8pm we went back through to the stage door and flashed our sticky label passes to get in. Backstage was tiny and they had moved some of the boxes out of ‘our’ little area but we were told to sit in the dining area - we’d seen Mika eat the smallest plate of food st the table and leave. I then sat next to Mrs P and Bob was next to Yasmine as they ate. We learnt new German words from the other choir members.

Tim, Mika and Mrs P told us to move together for the best effect but the choir leader - if we had one - was at the back!

The show started at 9, we watched when we weren’t on stage from the back. I thought it sounded ropey, but that’s normal apparently. We were on for first for ‘Popular’ and Bob managed to fall off the stage! He stepped to the side into thin air between the stage and a speaker. No-one noticed so he had to haul himself back up. Looking at photos and videos, it wasn’t seen at all. I pulled my hair down for the first spot on stage but I was so sweaty I tied it up again! Mika was dripping wet and mentioned it; we were the same. The hearts in the crowd were unbelievably effective to see from the stage; it’s no wonder Mika talked about them.

We went on and off stage lots of times, nearly missing one because he didn’t do Elle Me Dit. But we sang the words to Toy Boy at the tops of our voices backstage. At one point Mika do the ‘more quietly’ sign to us but he actually wanted us to bounce down - the only time Bob appears on a photo!

Mika_Munich_561B.jpg

He neglected to tell us to get up for our next singing but, do you know? I think it’s possible that they weren’t letting much of our singing through the speakers. . . I do know that suddenly it was all over, we’d done our encores, Mika had been carried off the piano and we’d taken a bow. Then he ran past us giving a high five along the line and that was it! I couldn’t believe it had finished. We followed him off stage and took our gowns off for the last time.

8.jpg

Mika got himself freshened up and changed and came out to the dining area where we were. I asked if we could take photos because our instructions had forbidden it, but he was fine and he posed with everyone and signed things. I usually give him a gold star but this time I’d made - crocheted - a poppy for Remembrance Day for him and one for his mother. I had changed back into my turquoise top and was wearing my Mika rosette from the very first time I saw him.

P1070910.jpg

Because the band are new, I was showing off my long-standing fangurliness at least to myself, but he noticed and said he’d have to have more made. My husband thanked him ‘for making my wife a very happy woman.’

P1070916A.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part 3

He (Bob) also had a beer from the fridge but I was fine drinking bottles of water. Some friends of Mika’s arrived and we’d all had our time so we left and went to stand with the people waiting to see him at the stage door. It was cold; possibly -3 degrees according to the security lady. We waited around and watched the crew load the truck. Rob spotted a polka dot on the ground and picked it up for me :) Eventually Mika emerged, very amused by the fans who were singing, ‘We are frozen, we are frozen!’ He was lovely and friendly as he worked his way along the line. He talked about the hearts and said how much he appreciated the effort that had gone in to them.

He seemed to be taking requests for what he would sing at the next concerts. And then he was gone.

P1070926A.jpg

It was a totally brilliant experience, a wonderful evening and I’m terribly grateful to Mika for letting us share it like that. Bob is completely won over by such a ‘nice young man’ and could appreciate the fun and the music of the night.

Edited by Ruth

Oh, I enjoyed it so much :aah: Just felt strange being surrounded by people that barely danced at all, when I was screaming, jumping and going crazy :teehee: And thanks to Ruth I got in for free :shocked::teehee: Thanks again!!

:

Ah! I didn't know you on MFC.

You're more than welcome :)

Part 3

He (Bob) also had a beer from the fridge but I was fine drinking bottles of water. Some friends of Mika’s arrived and we’d all had our time so we left and went to stand with the people waiting to see him at the stage door. It was cold; possibly -3 degrees according to the security lady. We waited around and watched the crew load the truck. Rob spotted a polka dot on the ground and picked it up for me  Eventually Mika emerged, very amused by the fans who were singing, ‘We are frozen, we are frozen!’ He was lovely and friendly as he worked his way along the line. He talked about the hearts and said how much he appreciated the effort that had gone in to them.

He seemed to be taking requests for what he would sing at the next concerts. And then he was gone.

P1070926A.jpg

It was a totally brilliant experience a wonderful evening and I’m terribly grateful to Mika for letting us share it like that. Bob is completely won over by such a ‘nice young man’ and could appreciate the fun and the music of the night.

Awww I'm so glad you had a wonderful time Ruth ... :huglove:

I didn't even realise you were going to any of the gigs alone let alone being in the Choir ... I still so want to do this ... fingers crossed - would be an amazing experience - are you going to any of the UK shows

Awww I'm so glad you had a wonderful time Ruth ... :huglove:

I didn't even realise you were going to any of the gigs alone let alone being in the Choir ... I still so want to do this ... fingers crossed - would be an amazing experience - are you going to any of the UK shows

The official line was, 'it was nice while it lasted' as far as travelling to see Mika was concerned. And he'd been away for so long. . . . But my son and his family are over in Munich for a few years and it was a small venue, so I decided I'd go. And it really was absolutely brilliant

He's coming to Manchester in December on a night I'm already committed to something else, so I'll wait and hope for a date next year.

The official line was, 'it was nice while it lasted' as far as travelling to see Mika was concerned. And he'd been away for so long. . . . But my son and his family are over in Munich for a few years and it was a small venue, so I decided I'd go. And it really was absolutely brilliant

He's coming to Manchester in December on a night I'm already committed to something else, so I'll wait and hope for a date next year.

Awww hope you get something next year ... Manchester is the only UK show I'm not going to ... London and Glasgow for me ... can't wait ... I really can't actually ... I'm really ansy now since Brussels ... I'm normally alright ... but I can't seem to get off my cloud since then ... I'm still floating up here ... can you see me :teehee: