(featuring hearts) Edited by dcdeb
updating content - post 52

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Back home after an awesome day! :wub2:

Two days ago I got the mail that I will be in the Polka Dot Choir. Today I was really nervous, but everything went well.

For the smal stage we were a big choir with 10 people. We had rehersals at 4 pm and it sounded very good. After this we have done the Soundcheck with the band.

The Theaterfabrik is a really small Venue, so we don´t get a room backstage. We stayed in the hall untill 8pm and then we went back backstage to get the Robes and then we met Mika to warm up our voices. That was definitley the best moment of the day!!! Singing with Mika and band in his dressing room.

He changed the set list , so we had to go on for the 3. song (Popular). So there was no time to go to the audience, but we were able to watch the show from the side of the stage.

Everything went well. I was the one on the left side in the first row. Mika comes a few times to me, but I can´t see him , because it was at my back. :mf_rosetinted::doh::aah:

He quit Elle me dit and everyone of us was sitting backstage when Origin of love begins. We were running to our robes and then on stage . Crazy moment !

It was really hot on stage, I was sweating like hell !

Had a very funny moment with him and a glowstick. :aah: Mellody filmed it.

Sadly the concert was over, really fast. The M&G was short , but lovely. I got my picture with Mika and me.

It was great to be on stage with friends and meet new people (Ruth & Husband).

Sadly I have no pictures. I´m waiting badly for them. :aah:

Polkadotchoir.jpg

Please forgive me my mistakes. It´s 3 a.m. in Germany ;-).

I filmed only Toy Boy, it's here:

[YOUTUBE]4e9kJdFe_TE[/YOUTUBE]

and wrote a few words, here:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.de/2012/11/quick-updates-mika-theaterfabrik-munich.html

I'm at the airport in Munich and leaving soon so I don't have time to report, but I think the girls (Karin, Saskia, Miri, Bine etc) took a lot of pics and vids and will give detailed reports. Such a great show, Mika was on fire! :wub2: Thanks everyone, was good to meet you all!

I filmed only Toy Boy, it's here:

[YOUTUBE]4e9kJdFe_TE[/YOUTUBE]

and wrote a few words, here:

http://anothermikablog.blogspot.de/2012/11/quick-updates-mika-theaterfabrik-munich.html

I'm at the airport in Munich and leaving soon so I don't have time to report, but I think the girls (Karin, Saskia, Miri, Bine etc) took a lot of pics and vids and will give detailed reports. Such a great show, Mika was on fire! :wub2: Thanks everyone, was good to meet you all!

Thank you for filming Toy Boy, so happy this song is back on the setlist:wub2:

What he says at the beginning of the video is really interesting too and he described the reaction to Romney's possible win in such a funny way! Of course now we can laugh all we want since Obama won haha

First of all I have to say it was really great to meet all you guys (again). Thanks to the MFC even queueing in the cold isn't too bad:cheerful_h4h:

At first we were at the wrong door but eventually we found the right one :naughty: I think we had really nice security guys and they let us into some kind of lobby early because it was so cold.

Inside the venue, like Tina said, it was very hot though. I think we were all pretty much soaked afterwards :naughty: I made it to the front row, right next to mellody :hi5: The stage was quite small, in the beginning it looked like there was no space for people at all. After the DJ stuff was gone it got a little better but it was still tiny.

The gig was absolutely amazing. I don't know what else to say. I had so much fun and the whole glow-stick-heart-thing worked out brilliantly. Of course people started waving them too early, but doesn't really matter. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture but it looked absolutely stunning :thumb_yello:

After the gig we tried to stay in the (warm) venue for as long as we could and then went out and waited for MIKA. He was really nice and it was quite funny when he mentioned he is going to change the setlist and everyone started asking him to play this and that song at this and that gig. I'm not sure he remembers any of it :naughty: he also seemed to appreciate our little surprise with the hearts.

Lovely, lovely day. I wish I could have every tuesday like this :biggrin2:

Back home after an awesome day! :wub2:

Two days ago I got the mail that I will be in the Polka Dot Choir. Today I was really nervous, but everything went well.

For the smal stage we were a big choir with 10 people. We had rehersals at 4 pm and it sounded very good. After this we have done the Soundcheck with the band.

The Theaterfabrik is a really small Venue, so we don´t get a room backstage. We stayed in the hall untill 8pm and then we went back backstage to get the Robes and then we met Mika to warm up our voices. That was definitley the best moment of the day!!! Singing with Mika and band in his dressing room.

He changed the set list , so we had to go on for the 3. song (Popular). So there was no time to go to the audience, but we were able to watch the show from the side of the stage.

Everything went well. I was the one on the left side in the first row. Mika comes a few times to me, but I can´t see him , because it was at my back. :mf_rosetinted::doh::aah:

He quit Elle me dit and everyone of us was sitting backstage when Origin of love begins. We were running to our robes and then on stage . Crazy moment !

It was really hot on stage, I was sweating like hell !

Had a very funny moment with him and a glowstick. :aah: Mellody filmed it.

Sadly the concert was over, really fast. The M&G was short , but lovely. I got my picture with Mika and me.

It was great to be on stage with friends and meet new people (Ruth & Husband).

Sadly I have no pictures. I´m waiting badly for them. :aah:

Polkadotchoir.jpg

Please forgive me my mistakes. It´s 3 a.m. in Germany ;-).

thanks for the report and for posting the setlist:thumb_yello:

wow seems like the choir was on stage for more than half of the gig, how cool!

Will write my little report tonight.

I just can't get over how amazing Mika is. Being in the choir was incredible!

He's the best!!

Looking forward to reading your report:thumb_yello:

First of all I have to say it was really great to meet all you guys (again). Thanks to the MFC even queueing in the cold isn't too bad:cheerful_h4h:

At first we were at the wrong door but eventually we found the right one :naughty: I think we had really nice security guys and they let us into some kind of lobby early because it was so cold.

Inside the venue, like Tina said, it was very hot though. I think we were all pretty much soaked afterwards :naughty: I made it to the front row, right next to mellody :hi5: The stage was quite small, in the beginning it looked like there was no space for people at all. After the DJ stuff was gone it got a little better but it was still tiny.

The gig was absolutely amazing. I don't know what else to say. I had so much fun and the whole glow-stick-heart-thing worked out brilliantly. Of course people started waving them too early, but doesn't really matter. Unfortunately I didn't get a good picture but it looked absolutely stunning :thumb_yello:

After the gig we tried to stay in the (warm) venue for as long as we could and then went out and waited for MIKA. He was really nice and it was quite funny when he mentioned he is going to change the setlist and everyone started asking him to play this and that song at this and that gig. I'm not sure he remembers any of it :naughty: he also seemed to appreciate our little surprise with the hearts.

Lovely, lovely day. I wish I could have every tuesday like this :biggrin2:

Wonderful report! Wonder which songs he'll add to the setlist.

I'm quite sure he can't remember any of the songs he promised to do :naughty: But the positive thing was that he seemed so open to several songs. Sometimes he makes it clear he is not planning to do certain songs live no matter how much we ask :aah: So I'm hopeful this time. And why wouldn't he do songs like Step or Kids. He has done them before and they sounded fab and a lot of people love them. He is also testing some songs on soundchecks so we never know.

Did he say he was gonna do Step With Me ... I so hope so ... or Overrated ... I love those .... or Heroes ... or Kids ... actually I'd be quite happy with a 3 hour show :lmfao: I can't wait for December ... it's like a bug ... I have it bad ... I can't stop thinking about him since Brussels ... what the hell has he done to me :aah:

Oh, I enjoyed it so much :aah: Just felt strange being surrounded by people that barely danced at all, when I was screaming, jumping and going crazy :teehee: And thanks to Ruth I got in for free :shocked::teehee: Thanks again!!

And afterwards I was also waiting for Mika but I had to go :tears::sneaky2:

Today I'm kinda sick, have skipped school and looking at the few weird photos I took :aah:

And oh yay, I cam change my sig now :biggrin2:

It was amazing to be in the choir!! it was so much fun and afterwards Mika was in a very good mood and took a photo with everyone of us! :wub2: I want to do this again! And before the show he showed us some moves which we can make on stage and he sang some songs with us and the band to warm up! I'm not here, I'm in another world! :fisch:

report part 1

So, this was my 50th Mika gig, and it's definitely one of the best i've been to!! :wub2: the venue was only a few metres away from where mika had first played in munich in april 2007 – the gig where it all started for me. The venue from back then doesn't exist anymore, but it felt extra special for me to be so close to this place for this gig-anniversary. :wub2:

we had prepared a special surprise for mika for this gig... as some of you may remember, this summer I had an idea how to build a heart from 2 glowsticks. We tried it in vigevano, but as it was a big open air venue and we only prepared the hearts in the queue, it was just the first few rows who had them. It did look fab though, and so graciosa and me decided we wanted to do it again for munich, but this time preparing it all in advance for the whole crowd, as it's the only possibility we have at those small gigs, for a venue of several thousand we never could have done that! But 1000 seemed like a number we could do, especially with graciosa's improvement to the idea, to fix the connectors with cable straps instead of tape. I posted about it on mfc and on the german forum and we got help from DerMoment – so each of us three prepared about 300 sticks in the last few weeks. It was small wooden sticks and we attached 4 glowstick-connectors to each, so you could build a heart out of it. Graciosa bought 2000 glowsticks and 2000 extra connectors, and I collected donations from a bunch of MFCers and DMFCers who were going to the gig, so we could afford all of this. We also attached a rubber band to each stick, and in this we stuck a small instruction sheet so people would know how to make a heart out of it, and for which songs we would hold them up. In the queue we got help from more (D)MFCers to stick the glowsticks in the rubber band, so we could give the whole thing out as a package – we had to do that on the gig day, as that way there was a bigger chance not so many sticks would get damaged beforehand, and then not glow anymore. But as a group, we got that done relatively quickly. Then we gave out the packages in the queue, and when we were let in, the munich polka dot choir took over with giving them out. Thomas and the security people knew about our plans, and we also got help from the guy at the merch stand, as he allowed us to lay out the hearts on the merch stand table, so people could take one.

The original plan was to hold up the hearts for OOL and the little bit of love part of happy ending, but as those came so late in the setlist, we thought we can't make people wait that long – and the first song on the setlist that fitted was underwater, so we had those 3 songs on our instruction sheet. We hadn't thought of stardust though, actually sabine had prepared star-shaped glitter confetti for this song, so the front row was busy with that... but the crowd decided that this slow beautiful song was the time for the hearts. :naughty: I only noticed what was happening when mika looked in the crowd and started smiling more and more – so I looked back and saw that everyone was holding up their hearts, it went way back throughout the whole venue and looked so beautiful! :wub2:

during OOL I threw a heart on stage, and after the song, before happy ending, mika picked it up and thanked us for the hearts. :wub2: he asked who made them, didn't look at me, I was too far at the side, but I think dermoment and graciosa got their moment there! :thumb_yello: this was also when the funny moment happened that tina mentioned... someone had decided to build not a heart but a man's private parts out of the glowsticks and threw it on stage. :aah: mika picked it up and joked about it, then tried to give it to tina, who didn't look very pleased – and then mika threw it back in the crowd with the words “she doesn't want it, it's not big enough!” :lmao: :lmao: that was definitely one of the funniest gig moments ever!! :lmfao: (sorry tina! :teehee:)

I caught that on video, and most of his other talking as well (though at some points I got confused because he started a song and then decided to talk more, and at some point (I think before toy boy) my battery died and I had to change it...), and also the hearts during stardust, and some songs with the polka dot choir, but unfortunately my videos are quite dark, dunno why. :aah: i'll try the youtube improvement thing, maybe that helps, but please don't expect too much of the quality. :sad:

report part 2

anyway, it was such a fantastic gig, from beginning to end – I had a good feeling right from the start when we were inside the venue. mika talked and joked a lot, and it was so hot that we all were soaked! At some point mika changed his shirt – he started unbuttoning his completely wet shirt a few times before, but every time decided against taking it off and closed the buttons again. (damn! :naughty:) but then he made a sign to someone to bring him a new shirt and changed with his back to the crowd, between two songs. I don't know if the concert really was longer than the other ones (maybe because of all his talking :teehee:), but it seemed like it to me – it was absolutely perfect! I was jumping and dancing and singing so much, and got lots of eye contact (think everyone else did too, anyway it looked like that to me :wink2:) - for example he sang the “hey girl, you are beautiful!” directly to me, aww! :fangurl:

during the BIOTG singing competition our side won. :naughty: (usually i'm never on the side that wins, lol! :lmfao:) - but mika said it might be because the air conditioning is on this side. :lmfao: then he joked about not seeing faces in the crowd but only camera lenses, about getting cameras as a present at meet&greets, instead of underwear or naked pictures :lmfao:, he talked about the film “cast away” with tom hanks and about the elections in the US (and that he'd be like tom hanks on that island if romney won :naughty:), about how in every country when you turn on the TV you get CNN and on there there are people with weird hair and lifted faces... :lmfao: just watch my videos if you wanna hear it, it was all really funny, lol! They're uploading atm, will post them all here when they're finished.

There was only one negative thing about the whole day for me, and that was not even the cold or the rain (we had our cars parked directly in front of the venue, so we had shelter), but a woman who kept complaining about me trying to organize the queue. You'll always have those people who won't accept the queueing numbers unless they're number one (and she wasn't even that far back, below 20 I think), but that woman was really annoying – those who were in wiesbaden in 2009 might remember her, there she was exactly the same, complaining and b*tching all the time. :aah: anyway at some point I gave up trying to organize the queue from her number on, because I was so fed up with getting b*tched at all the time. It was lovely of the security people to let us in a warm hallway half an hour before the doors opened, but in there, the queue got mixed up because there were too many people in that small room – I think the first 10-15 numbers or so were ok, but after that I have no idea what happened, whether they got in alright. :no: The security guy at the door supported the numbers, and said it to the crowd before they opened the doors (“numbered people first”), but he didn't check it. I just find it sad that some people (non-regulars) might start doubting the whole numbers thing if the organization fails because of one or two people who prefer to look for trouble instead of just having a good time with the other fans. :sad: sometimes I wish there was a ban-button like on twitter so you could ban people like that from any mika queue. :naughty:

Some pictures of the hearts. Sorry, the quality isn't very good, it's much too dark :(

MikaMuenchen_Herzen2.jpg

MikaMuenchen_Herzen1.jpg

this was also when the funny moment happened that tina mentioned... someone had decided to build not a heart but a man's private parts out of the glowsticks and threw it on stage. :aah: mika picked it up and joked about it, then tried to give it to tina, who didn't look very pleased – and then mika threw it back in the crowd with the words “she doesn't want it, it's not big enough!” :lmao: :lmao: that was definitely one of the funniest gig moments ever!! :lmfao: (sorry tina! :teehee:)

Yes, it was for sure :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

And please someone tells me that he filmed the scene at the end where the band members lifted Mika from the piano, it was so cute :wub2:

Proper report from me later :)

I´m back to life again right now. We came back home at 4.00 am and I was sooooo tired and cold that I slept like a stone for more than ten hours.

Where to start my report? My boss and friend and I started our trip to Munich at 5.00 am in the morning because we had to drive some hours and the weather was bad and driving was very slow. We arrived the venue and met Graciosa, Hasi, Fran and Statue of Liberty there and started the queue. It was raining and it was cold and we went around to find the entrance of the venue which is a very very very ugly building with many doors but no sign which one could be the entrance ( at night we heard they are changing the entrance from gig to gig ) even the security didn´t know the door half an hour before we got in.

Graciosa knows the area around the venue and showed us where we could find the Burgerking to get some coffee and use the toilettes, which was pretty near. A few minutes later Tiibet and Dani arrived at the venue. We had a lot of fun during the day and rain stopped after 1.00 pm and sun came out which was really nice. during the afternoon we put the 1000 sticks for the haearts and the glowsticks together and thought about the best way to get them to the people in the venue. We saw the band who had slept in a bus in a bus in front of the venue.

It was sooooooo cold and so some of us went to a pizzeria in the afternoon where we hat lunch and tried to warm up a little bit. I know, some of you will say " stupid early queueing!" but even it was freaking cold we had so much fun and I don´t want to miss any minute of it!

We got into the venue around 7.00 pm got frontrow center and first I was shocked to see how tiny that stage was and how near Mika would be.

There was a DJ on stage but I think no one was interested in his music and he looked really bored all the time. Then he left the stage an got some applause, retourned and applause stopped and he left again. After this his stuff left stage and the stage looked a bit better but still very very small.

the Mika´s sound ingeneur came on stage to test all the instrument and did all the thing which had to be done. It lasted long, very long, very very long and some people behind us got very impatient and started booing Mika out. So we MFC ´iers in frontrow decided to shout " Mika " as loud as we could to be louder than ths boos and I heard from Tina that it worked out they could hear us but not the boos.

Then Mika came on stage, looked around said " Guten Abend " and told us that his expectations on us were very high for this evening and started with BIOTG. We did our best and it worked and the mood was very great. BG was the second song and after that I thought my voice is already gone buit when Lola started it was there again. We had so much fun to copy him and we did it well. We planned a few little things for different songs for the front row as we threw little stars at the end of Stardust and Graciosa and me collected some diving glasses which we wanted to put up at the end of Underwater. So we gave glasses to people around us and at the end of the song, when the chorus started to become faster we put the glasses on and I threw one on stage on Mika´s left side. He looked at the diving glasses picked it up, looked at me and put it on made some swimming moves on stage and we all had fun.

You already know that our glowing hearts were a big success. One person mad a penis out of glowing sticks and threw it on stage and Mika picked it up and first showing a heart " this is the Origin Of Love!" and then showing the other thing " but you made this..." then he went to Tina and offered her this thing and she shrugged and turned away :floor: and he said " she doesn´t want it, it´s not big enough!" and threw it back to the person it came from :floor::floor: . He was very worried about the election in the states and mentioned it several times.

He was so on fire and it was hot, hot as hell. After HE he changed his top because he said the wet shirt makes him cold.

When he left stage I was so done :floor: needed some seconds to be able to get outside.

It was my 10th gig and I would say it was my favourite gig so far.

We waited quite a long time in the cold but he came out signed some stuff. people were quiet and no one was pushing. I got my album signed. After he had left we said goodbye to the MFC ´iers took group pics which I will upload later ( think they are a bit blurry ) and then left for driving home.

I really can´t wait to see the next gig :wink2:

Edited by Sabine64

report part 3

anyway, back to the good things, the aftershow m+g... we didn't think it'd work, as there were a lot of people waiting in a relatively small space between the venue and the truck. But mika took his time, some people left, and it went alright. Me and a bunch of mfcers were standing next to the truck, at the end of the line, and we had a nice little chat with mika. :wub2: I told him about us making the hearts (graciosa and me were there, I had been looking for dermoment before to join us, but couldn't find her... dermoment, were you still there for the m+g at all? :dunno:), and many others donating - tiibet and iseeyou were right next to me, so I pointed them out to mika – and he thanked us again and said he knows how much work it is and how expensive it is, and he said “thank you, it means more than you can imagine!” - and we all went “awww!” :swoon: he's soo sweet, massive fangurl moment there! :fangurl:

then someone started talking about the setlist, and mika said he wanted to play overrated at some point, and then we all asked him to do certain songs at certain gigs, and the last one was (I think it was miri) saying “and the whole album in london!” :lmfao: - anyway, I asked for step with me in zurich, and after thinking of it for a split second, he said okay. :wub2: the way he said it, it sounded like he really would do it, so unless he forgot, I think there's hope. :teehee: then someone asked him about kids and he understood karen, or maybe someone said something about karen, I didn't get that, anyway he mentioned the song and I took the cue to ask him to play karen in luxemburg, and he also said yes to that. I hope he'll remember. :wub2:

btw he also said something about january, that he'd be coming to some country in the far east then – maybe someone remembers better than me, but I think it was indonesia that he mentioned? :dunno: it was because a fan was from there I think and she asked him.

after he had left, we waited for the band and chatted a bit with tim and joy. Tim told us they're still looking for choir members in zurich, and joy gave us all a hug and told me I was fabulous (probably because I was dancing and jumping so much there in front row and she had a good view on me :teehee:) - aww, they're so sweet as well! :wub2: shame that in vienna we (=choir) didn't think about asking the band for a group pic, would've loved one!

Thank you again to everyone who participated in the hearts surprise, we're all such a fantastic team to get something like that working! :wub2::group_hug:

the gig in cologne was good, but not addictive for me – but that one yesterday, damn, i'm sure i'll suffer from such a bad PGD after the tour is over for me after next week's gig in luxemburg that I might just do something silly and book a flight to the uk for december, despite not having any money for that! :aah::teehee:

my munich videos are up... i'm off to bed now, so i'll update the names and post the single links tomorrow, or probably after zurich - but you can see them all here: http://www.youtube.com/user/mellody76

and here's one pic i took at the aftershow m+g: http://twitpic.com/bb6zas :wub2:

Edited by mellody

Me and a bunch of mfcers were standing next to the truck, at the end of the line, and we had a nice little chat with mika. :wub2: I told him about us making the hearts (graciosa and me were there, I had been looking for dermoment before to join us, but couldn't find her... dermoment, were you still there for the m+g at all? :dunno:), and many others donating - tiibet and iseeyou were right next to me, so I pointed them out to mika – and he thanked us again and said he knows how much work it is and how expensive it is, and he said “thank you, it means more than you can imagine!” - and we all went “awww!” :swoon: he's soo sweet, massive fangurl moment there! :fangurl:

No, I wasn't there anymore. I really had problems with my circulation after the gig, so we went back to the hostel. Seemed like the right thing to do yesterday, but not so much today anymore :rolleyes: But the most important thing is that he was happy about the hearts and what you told shows that :wub2:

The original plan was to hold up the hearts for OOL and the little bit of love part of happy ending, but as those came so late in the setlist, we thought

during OOL I threw a heart on stage, and after the song, before happy ending, mika picked it up and thanked us for the hearts. :wub2: he asked who made them, didn't look at me, I was too far at the side, but I think dermoment and graciosa got their moment there! :thumb_yello: this was also when the funny moment happened that tina mentioned... someone had decided to build not a heart but a man's private parts out of the glowsticks and threw it on stage. :aah: mika picked it up and joked about it, then tried to give it to tina, who didn't look very pleased – and then mika threw it back in the crowd with the words “she doesn't want it, it's not big enough!” :lmao: :lmao: that was definitely one of the funniest gig moments ever!! :lmfao: (sorry tina! :teehee:)

:aah: I saw him coming with the glowsticks and thought "No! Not with me!" That was funny!

:aah: I saw him coming with the glowsticks and thought "No! Not with me!" That was funny!

here's the video of this moment. :naughty: sorry it's so dark! :aah: but if you watch it full screen in hd quality, you can see a little bit more. :rolls_eyes:

[YOUTUBE]4lAjXjSbmyg[/YOUTUBE]

Ok, so where do I start? :biggirl:

Yesterday was pretty much one of the most perfect days of my life - or at least of 2012. I would really give everything to go back there and live this amazing experience all over again. :groupwave:

To begin with I wasn't really sure about sending in my audition for the polka dot choir at all. I was having a cold when I recorded the video (I still have it now), but in the end I decided to give it a try. What could I possibly lose? :doh:

I was already hibbeling when I saw that the view count had changed from 1 to 8 in one night. So I knew that my entry was at least watched.

I learnt that I was gonna be in the choir on Suday on my way back home from the Brussels gig and couldn't believe it. The whole way back on the train I was smiling like an idiot. :aah: I was even happier when I found out that some friends were in the choir as well. I was on stage with Mika twice before (as a big girl) - But I believe there's a huge difference whether you're dancing on stage with him or whether you're actually singing with him. :wub2::wub2:

On Monday I was busy doing some shopping (I desperately needed a new outfit) dying my hair and rehersing the choir songs. Luckily I didn't have to go to work. So I could (mentally) prepare for the following day.

When I woke up yesterday it all still seemed surreal to me. It was gonna be THE day. :wub2: I was still sick but nothing could have deprived me from this once-in-a-lifetime-experience. So I had to medicate myself. :naughty: I met up at 1pm with Tina and Bubbles to have lunch. I guess it wasn't a bad idea to eat something before going to the venue as i couldn't eat anything more later.

When we arrived at the Theaterfabrik around 3:30pm the people in the queue were already freezing like hell. And tbh I was happy that there was no queing for me at all this time. We met the other choir members - a lovely bunch of people. :thumb_yello: Altogether there were gonna be 10 people in the choir - despite the small stage. Some cuddling was gonna be coming up for sure. :teehee: As indicated we went to the stage door at 4pm and were let into the venue. We signed the paper (no idea what it said lol) and were given our backstage passes. Shortly after that Tim and Curtis said hi and we started rehearsing all the songs we would gonna be on. The other band members joined us a bit later. It was soooo lovely to sing with all of them. :wub2: This moment alone would have really made my day. Loved every bit of it. And we did sound great. Everyone seemed to be very pleased with us. They said we were very much in tune and that it sounded great. It was so much fun. Afterwards the band did the soundcheck and we also went on stage to get us placed on stage and get a feeling how it was gonna be standing up there. I was gonna be standing in the first row sharing the mic with Neli (Lolligirl) and another girl who also sang the soprano voice. In contrary to the acoustic rehearsal before we couldn't hear ourselves up there and as Mika wasn't there yet the vocals were missing. This was so much easier at the actual gig as we could hear him sing at all times.

After that we had a 2 hour break (Doors opened at 7pm) and decided to do some more rehearsing all together (the choir members) at the back of the venue. When people started coming in me and some other choir members (Tina, Lolligirl and Heni) handed out glowing heart sticks to everyone so that the DMFC surprise would work out and turn the whole crowd into a sea of glowing hearts.

For me this was actually a lot of fun as I could see who was gonna be in the audience at this Mika gig. It's always great to see how many different groups of people are attracted by Mika's music: groups of girls, groups of older people, families, gay couples, hetreo couples :wub2: Most of them loved the glowsticks.

Anyways, at 8pm the choir went backstage. Backstage literally ment 2 tiny/cozy rooms: the first of them with beer tables and some people doing the catering, the second one for the band with a sofa corner and some luggeage standing in. That was were we would also gonna be dressed. Oh, and then there was Mika's dressing room. So yeah, we were pretty much glued together like sardines in oil - but happy as one can be. :wink2: I think Mika's mum mentionned later that this was one of the tiniest backstage areas they have ever had. When we walked in the backstage area there the band members were busy listening to music. Miss P. and Yasmine then handed us the polka dot costumes. I actually really love them. I felt like a female version of Holy Johnny wearing it. :aah: Mika's mum then asked us to sit with them on the ale-benches until is was our turn.

The supporting act was like pretty much everywhere a DJ. From what I could hear he played some nice tunes and the audience was nicely singing along. It was insane hearing all the screaming backstage when the audience was waiting for Mika to come on!

Anyways, before, we we already had our costumes Mika arrived and was all lovely asking us about how the rehearsals went. After a while he came back we all stood in a circle rehearsing some cool moves the choir could be doing on stage. Such a fun moment! Time was going by so fast...Just before Mika ws supposed to come on stage he showed us and the band into his dressing room where we were rehearsing two more songs all together. OMG! This was definitely the best moment of the night. I have never heard his voice as pure and perfect as in there. :shocked: We did "Popular" and "The origin of love". He made us sing very loud and gave us some tips on how to pronounce certain words. Loved it. I guess I'll never forget this part ever again. :fangurl:

Polkadotchoir.jpg

As you can see on the setlist, "Popular" was already gonna be on as the third song of the night - so not much time for us to watch the gig before coming on stage for the first time.

We watched a few songs from the back however (whenever the break was big enough) - But it really felt like we were on stage all the time. Time went by so quickly. Before I even noticed it the gig was over. Mika was interacting a lot with the audience. I love it when he does so much talking as he'd been doing lately.

A "funny" moment happened just before we were supposed to come on stage again for TOOL. On the setlist it said that Mika would play "Elle me dit" beofre Tool. But: This didn't happen (and did "Toy boy" instead as the first encore). So when we were standing there waiting for EMD to start I suddenly said: "This sounds pretty much like Tool, f*ck." And we rushed on stage. :naughty:

In between we also took some nice group pix:

602630_10151133894552379_2050484558_n.jpg

10510_10151133890607379_1635204565_n.jpg

These are our best smiles. :D

this was also when the funny moment happened that tina mentioned... someone had decided to build not a heart but a man's private parts out of the glowsticks and threw it on stage. :aah: mika picked it up and joked about it, then tried to give it to tina, who didn't look very pleased – and then mika threw it back in the crowd with the words “she doesn't want it, it's not big enough!” :lmao: :lmao: that was definitely one of the funniest gig moments ever!! :lmfao: (sorry tina! :teehee:)

This was really one of the best moments ever.

Hasi luckily took a pic to remember it for eternity. :wink2:

403519_3345376252105_1682997463_n.jpg

Ruth and me obviously found this situation very funny. :teehee:

I also loved the moment when the band and us waited backstage to come on stage for the final two songs "Lollipop" and "We are golden" and we were all singing along at the top of our lungs to "Toy boy" and Felix couldn't stop laughing at the lyrics. :naughty::doh:

And please someone tells me that he filmed the scene at the end where the band members lifted Mika from the piano, it was so cute :wub2:

I really hope so, too. That was so cute.

At the end of the gig Mika high-fived us before leaving the stage.

Being up on stage there was :wub2: Seeing the audience having the time of their lives and going crazy at certain songs was incredible! The atmosphere was fabby throughout the whole concert. Even the people in the back seemed to be having a great time. And yes, the glowsticks looked very beautiful from up there. :thumb_yello: I enjoyed every second of it. This was really a dream come true. :wub2:

When Mika had said his good-byes we all went backstage again - obviously all of us very much on adrenaline. The band complimented us on how loud we sounded. :blush-anim-cl: They are all so sweet. The band (the guys) weren't really wearing a lot and enjoying a well-deserved cold beer (Tina had pointed out to Max that it was the best beer in Germany they were having)- and we were waiting in the other part of the room. It didn't take long for Mika to join us. He was happy about the gig and said s.th. like "It really worked well. You were great." We then had stuff signed and chatted a bit. Mika mentionned he was in a hurry and has to leave the venue soon. Still he was as lovable as always.

IMG_1718.jpg

I thanked him again for involving his fans so much in his shows. And he said that he loves havig many people on stage and that like that it never gets boring 'cause every show is different and fun.

I cannot think of any other artists who's doing stuff like this on a regular basis. It really is beyond amazing! We can all be incredibly lucky to be his fans. I really mean it - as pathetic as it might sound. :wink2:

And he suggested to take individual pics. So we all had our pic taken with the M. :wub2: And most surprisingly to me it looks great. It really is the first pic of me standing next to him on which I think I look alright. :)

599149_544311668916367_821633602_n-1.jpg:wub2:

It all was very relaxed. Loved it.

Tina and moi had also gotton some chocolate with fancy flavours such as beer or whiskey for the band. I would have never thought that I'd say this after Lovebox but I really love them now.

Mika stayed inside chatting to some people and we all left the venue. The others were already waiting in line for Mika to come out before heading to the hotel. I decided to wait a bit as well (not in line though obviously) and was talking to Ruth & Rob, Bubbles & Hannah (KP fan - hadn't seen her in ages!)

After a while Mika showed up and was all lovely with all of the fans.

and here's one pic i took at the aftershow m+g: http://twitpic.com/bb6zas :wub2:

Awww! What a great picture!

Once he had left I said hi to all my MFC friends as we didn't really have a lot of time to chat before the show. We waited some more - and I was just about to rush to the station to catch my last tube back home - when the band came out. Joy hugged everyone in the group and mentioned that she think the support for Mika is amazing and that it's also fabby that we also supported the whole new band right away.

I arrived at the station just in time to go on my tube and arrived happily and full of adrenaline at home at 1:45am. Obviously I couldn't go to sleep right away. It took me until 5am to get bck to normal...Still on a cloud now actually.

It was lovely to get to meet Ruth and Rob ("Billy") and the other choir members I hadn't known yet. Some great people in the choir!

I also loved chatting to everyone after the M&G.

Now I just hope there will be pix and vids in which you can actually see the choir. :wink2:

:mikalove:

Mika is the best. His band is the best. Team Mika is the best. His fans are the best. MFC totally rocks. #fact I just love everything about doing Mika gigs. They always give me such an emotional boost which lasts forever. They are like sugar to my heart.

Can't wait for the two Paris gigs next week now...