MIKA @ Theaterfabrik, Munich, GERMANY - 6 November 2012 - REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS

dcdeb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

report part 3

anyway, back to the good things, the aftershow m+g... we didn't think it'd work, as there were a lot of people waiting in a relatively small space between the venue and the truck. But mika took his time, some people left, and it went alright. Me and a bunch of mfcers were standing next to the truck, at the end of the line, and we had a nice little chat with mika. :wub2: I told him about us making the hearts (graciosa and me were there, I had been looking for dermoment before to join us, but couldn't find her... dermoment, were you still there for the m+g at all? :dunno:), and many others donating - tiibet and iseeyou were right next to me, so I pointed them out to mika – and he thanked us again and said he knows how much work it is and how expensive it is, and he said “thank you, it means more than you can imagine!” - and we all went “awww!” :swoon: he's soo sweet, massive fangurl moment there! :fangurl:

then someone started talking about the setlist, and mika said he wanted to play overrated at some point, and then we all asked him to do certain songs at certain gigs, and the last one was (I think it was miri) saying “and the whole album in london!” :lmfao: - anyway, I asked for step with me in zurich, and after thinking of it for a split second, he said okay. :wub2: the way he said it, it sounded like he really would do it, so unless he forgot, I think there's hope. :teehee: then someone asked him about kids and he understood karen, or maybe someone said something about karen, I didn't get that, anyway he mentioned the song and I took the cue to ask him to play karen in luxemburg, and he also said yes to that. I hope he'll remember. :wub2:

btw he also said something about january, that he'd be coming to some country in the far east then – maybe someone remembers better than me, but I think it was indonesia that he mentioned? :dunno: it was because a fan was from there I think and she asked him.

after he had left, we waited for the band and chatted a bit with tim and joy. Tim told us they're still looking for choir members in zurich, and joy gave us all a hug and told me I was fabulous (probably because I was dancing and jumping so much there in front row and she had a good view on me :teehee:) - aww, they're so sweet as well! :wub2: shame that in vienna we (=choir) didn't think about asking the band for a group pic, would've loved one!

Thank you again to everyone who participated in the hearts surprise, we're all such a fantastic team to get something like that working! :wub2::group_hug:

the gig in cologne was good, but not addictive for me – but that one yesterday, damn, i'm sure i'll suffer from such a bad PGD after the tour is over for me after next week's gig in luxemburg that I might just do something silly and book a flight to the uk for december, despite not having any money for that! :aah::teehee:

Oh Mellody you'll never imagin How happy I am whenever reading Loooooooong detailed report!! Feels like I was at the gig also!! fangurling so muchhh

and about bold part - Did he say he's coming to Asia in January?? :shocked: Did he mentioned that during gigs or M&G ? can you remember any details? *prays*

If he comes to Seoul in January....all Middle-high-College students are on winter vacation, means no exams no reports to do.... best season for his fanbase..... awww I can imagin how hard to get tickets for the concert then! :naughty:

Edited by Yuna

thanks everyone for your reports, pics and vids:thumb_yello:

report part 3

anyway, back to the good things, the aftershow m+g... we didn't think it'd work, as there were a lot of people waiting in a relatively small space between the venue and the truck. But mika took his time, some people left, and it went alright. Me and a bunch of mfcers were standing next to the truck, at the end of the line, and we had a nice little chat with mika. :wub2: I told him about us making the hearts (graciosa and me were there, I had been looking for dermoment before to join us, but couldn't find her... dermoment, were you still there for the m+g at all? :dunno:), and many others donating - tiibet and iseeyou were right next to me, so I pointed them out to mika – and he thanked us again and said he knows how much work it is and how expensive it is, and he said “thank you, it means more than you can imagine!” - and we all went “awww!” :swoon: he's soo sweet, massive fangurl moment there! :fangurl:

how incredibly sweet and heartwarming is that:wub2:

Being up on stage there was :wub2: Seeing the audience having the time of their lives and going crazy at certain songs was incredible! The atmosphere was fabby throughout the whole concert. Even the people in the back seemed to be having a great time. And yes, the glowsticks looked very beautiful from up there. :thumb_yello: I enjoyed every second of it. This was really a dream come true. :wub2:

enjoyed reading your report very much! love how you describe the atmosphere during the gig and the choir experience! very happy for you

Thank you melody and mariposa for this great reports! There is nothing more to add! It was the best day of my life and I don't want to think about never having this chance again! Singing with Mika was my dream since I was a fan of him and now it came true!

We were freaking out on stage, as much as possible on this tiny stage! I hope our mood infected the crowd! And the practising with Mika right before the gig... It was beyond amazing! And meeting all this nice people in the choir. All of us having the same addiction. Especially singing with mariposa in the same microphone and dancing next to her was so much fun! Thank you for that! and then my first picture together with Mika... I hope it looks good because I don't have yet! I didn't realize all this yet! I don't know if I will realize it at any time or if it stays some kind of a dream! It went over much to fast! And now I think about going to another concert at this tour. Problems could be money and time.

Two of my friends had my camera to take pictures and to make films. On Friday I get it and then I will upload what they filmed!

When Mika had said his good-byes we all went backstage again - obviously all of us very much on adrenaline. The band complimented us on how loud we sounded. :blush-anim-cl: They are all so sweet. The band (the guys) weren't really wearing a lot and enjoying a well-deserved cold beer (Tina had pointed out to Max that it was the best beer in Germany they were having)- and we were waiting in the other part of the room. It didn't take long for Mika to join us. He was happy about the gig and said s.th. like "It really worked well. You were great." We then had stuff signed and chatted a bit. Mika mentionned he was in a hurry and has to leave the venue soon. Still he was as lovable as always.

IMG_1718.jpg

I thanked him again for involving his fans so much in his shows. And he said that he loves havig many people on stage and that like that it never gets boring 'cause every show is different and fun.

I cannot think of any other artists who's doing stuff like this on a regular basis. It really is beyond amazing! We can all be incredibly lucky to be his fans. I really mean it - as pathetic as it might sound. :wink2:

And he suggested to take individual pics. So we all had our pic taken with the M. :wub2: And most surprisingly to me it looks great. It really is the first pic of me standing next to him on which I think I look alright. :)

599149_544311668916367_821633602_n-1.jpg:wub2:

It all was very relaxed. Loved it.

Tina and moi had also gotton some chocolate with fancy flavours such as beer or whiskey for the band. I would have never thought that I'd say this after Lovebox but I really love them now.

Mika stayed inside chatting to some people and we all left the venue. The others were already waiting in line for Mika to come out before heading to the hotel. I decided to wait a bit as well (not in line though obviously) and was talking to Ruth & Rob, Bubbles & Hannah (KP fan - hadn't seen her in ages!)

After a while Mika showed up and was all lovely with all of the fans.

Awww! What a great picture!

Once he had left I said hi to all my MFC friends as we didn't really have a lot of time to chat before the show. We waited some more - and I was just about to rush to the station to catch my last tube back home - when the band came out. Joy hugged everyone in the group and mentioned that she think the support for Mika is amazing and that it's also fabby that we also supported the whole new band right away.

I arrived at the station just in time to go on my tube and arrived happily and full of adrenaline at home at 1:45am. Obviously I couldn't go to sleep right away. It took me until 5am to get bck to normal...Still on a cloud now actually.

It was lovely to get to meet Ruth and Rob ("Billy") and the other choir members I hadn't known yet. Some great people in the choir!

I also loved chatting to everyone after the M&G.

Now I just hope there will be pix and vids in which you can actually see the choir. :wink2:

:mikalove:

Mika is the best. His band is the best. Team Mika is the best. His fans are the best. MFC totally rocks. #fact I just love everything about doing Mika gigs. They always give me such an emotional boost which lasts forever. They are like sugar to my heart.

Can't wait for the two Paris gigs next week now...

I loved reading your report Marion! If anyone deserves it, it's you! Both of you look absolutely gorgeous on that picture:wub2:

Some pics:

MikaMuenchen_ToyBoy1.jpg

MikaMuenchen_ToyBoy2.jpg

MikaMuenchen_ToyBoy3.jpg

MikaMuenchen_UW0.jpg

MikaMuenchen_UW1.jpg

MikaMuenchen_UW2.jpg

MikaMuenchen_UW3.jpg

Here are other ones: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.4937896574672.2193859.1516360693&type=1&l=b06b654b62

And my vids. But they aren't good - very dark and you can hear me very loud and very out of tune :aah::blush-anim-cl:

(I'm the silliest person in the world, I thought I was filming and realized only at the end of the song that I didn't push the recording button :doh:)

Did he say he's coming to Asia in January?? :shocked: Did he mentioned that during gigs or M&G ? can you remember any details? *prays*

Yuna, he mentionned it during the M&G since one girl was from Indonesia. He told her that he was doing a gig over there next year. Dunno about any other Asian destinations though...But if he's already in Asia I'd say there might be more gigs announced anytime soon.

enjoyed reading your report very much! love how you describe the atmosphere during the gig and the choir experience! very happy for you

You're welcome. You know - writing it all down will also help me remember little details later on. :wink2:ewf

Thank you melody and mariposa for this great reports! There is nothing more to add! It was the best day of my life and I don't want to think about never having this chance again! Singing with Mika was my dream since I was a fan of him and now it came true!

We were freaking out on stage, as much as possible on this tiny stage! I hope our mood infected the crowd! And the practising with Mika right before the gig... It was beyond amazing! And meeting all this nice people in the choir. All of us having the same addiction. Especially singing with mariposa in the same microphone and dancing next to her was so much fun! Thank you for that! and then my first picture together with Mika... I hope it looks good because I don't have yet! I didn't realize all this yet! I don't know if I will realize it at any time or if it stays some kind of a dream! It went over much to fast! And now I think about going to another concert at this tour. Problems could be money and time.

Two of my friends had my camera to take pictures and to make films. On Friday I get it and then I will upload what they filmed!

It was an honour singing next to you on stage, Neli! :huglove: We were having so much fun! :-)

I loved reading your report Marion! If anyone deserves it, it's you! Both of you look absolutely gorgeous on that picture:wub2:

Dank je wel, honey. :huglove: I already miss everbody like crazy. :tears:

@mariposa Thank you for your report! Loved reading it! And it was also a home gig for you right?

It was lovely to meet you in Brussels, I hope we can meet again soon :wink2:

Yes, this was my home gig - same awesome experience you had in Roubaix. :thumb_yello: Tbh I'm still not over it. It was lovely talking to you in Brussels. That's what's queing is all about, isn't it?!

Thank you!!!! :huglove:

a summary of my videos (sorry they're all too dark, the light wasn't good for filming :aah:):

and here's one of my pics of the choir on stage:

DSCN4640.jpg

the others i have are mostly from the bow in the end, hope i'll find time to upload them later. :wink2:

here are my photos:

pre-gig-snack at a nearby restaurant:

DSCN4596.jpg

sticks for the glowing hearts:

DSCN4602.jpg

merch stand (with lovely background that reminded me of mika's piano)

DSCN4603.jpg

setlist (toy boy was added before lollipop, iirc)

DSCN4604.jpg

DSCN4610.jpg

DSCN4609.jpg

DSCN4655.jpg

DSCN4659.jpg

all my pix are here: http://s778.beta.photobucket.com/user/mikafanclub_de/library/2012-11-06%20Munich%20Theaterfabrik

Thank you. I just wish the heart photo was more focused. Oh well.

I tried to make photos of the choir, but I was on the wrong side of the stage and you always turned your back on me Tina :wink2:

Blame it on the microphone :wink2:. Before the show it was on a other place.

and here's one of my pics of the choir on stage:

DSCN4640.jpg

the others i have are mostly from the bow in the end, hope i'll find time to upload them later. :wink2:

Oh oh, why I was the only who was sweating so much? It was so hot there. :shocked::mf_rosetinted:

Thank you Karin!

I finally found the time to upload my pictures! :yay: It only took me one euro to buy a wifi-code and some concentration I should have invested in the movie we're currently watching at university :naughty:

Here they are: http://s745.photobucket.com/albums/xx92/Statue_of_Liberty/Mika%20Theaterfabrik%20Munich%206th%20November%202012/

Mika_Munich_08.jpg

Mika_Munich_31.jpg

Mika_Munich_75.jpg

Mika_Munich_110.jpg

Mika_Munich_124.jpg

Mika_Munich_148.jpg

Thanks for all the great pictures and reports.:mikalove:

Here are a few of my photos.

bh6vctix.jpg

klr6ixzg.jpg

o7aorucy.jpg

fam7luhz.jpg

vm84qv6d.jpg

5gzidqnq.jpg

xlmzwlja.jpg

5876vtza.jpg

d2onsuqi.jpg

sxbun5nw.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/121113/a34eghoi.jpg

ltomvb3k.jpg

http://s14.directupload.net/images/121113/xvi2jaji.jpg

Edited by dcdeb
changed 2 photos to links as they were stretching the page out too much

Apologies! It's been over a week, sorry.

Here though, finally, my blog:

Part 1

Tuesday 6th November 2012 at Theaterfabrik Munich

I started writing this and trying to get all my memories and impressions in order but it’s all a bit blurry so apologies to anyone who was there and remembers better who said what and when . . .

Firstly, the original plan was to go with my daughter-in-law, who lives near Munich and to treat her to the delights of a Mika concert as a birthday gift. Unfortunately, she had to return to the UK so my husband very gallantly stepped up to the mark. He obviously set his head to a very positive attitude and was keen to support me.

Secondly, the audition; my husband used to sing in a local band and has begun to do solo open-mike nights, so when I told him about the auditions for the Polka Dot choir, he was up for it. You can see his video on YouTube.

I realised that he was likely to get on and I would be on my own in the audience, so I waited till no-one was in and did a video which I sent to team Mika with an unlisted link - so you won’t be able to see my singing. It’s not that I can’t, I’m just fearfully lacking in confidence, singing on my own. So it was both a shock and a delight to get the e-mail on Sunday afternoon with instructions and a list of 7 songs to practise. I put them on our iPods and we did our homework on the plane over to Munich on Monday and on the train into the city on Tuesday morning.

When we arrived at the venue, (and I have to credit Google maps for my local knowledge) we met melody, Statue of Liberty & tiibet who were very cold and organising the, as yet, non-existent queue and the heart kits. As we didn’t need to queue we went for a meal and a drink, returning in time for the rehearsal call at 4pm. We went in, met Tim and rehearsed. Tim is an excellent musician and he sorted the 10 of us into 3 groups to harmonise. He said we were very good. He also called both me and Bob by our first names which always makes me feel special. Joy and Max also sang with us but they said that Mika wouldn’t be at the sound check. We were led up onto a very small stage and told where to stand - not in our harmonising groups! I was on the front row and would have been nearest the centre stage but I swapped because I was taller than Tina. We went backstage, which was also a small space. There was a sitting area for the band although I’m not sure they’d all have fitted in at the same time. Our changing area was down a couple of steps and was so full that we stood shoulder to shoulder and filled it! Outside that was a room set up for the crew and the band to eat with a kitchen area and trestle tables. Even so, when Yasmine started trying to open the costume boxes and Mrs P was trying to hand out our Polka Dot gowns, it was obvious we couldn’t manage in that part of the room so we spilled into the dining area. I was interested to see if the gowns were hand-made but they weren’t; they were from New York. Mrs P had stuck the polka dots on and was very anxious that they shouldn’t fall off if she put them through the wash. Each one had a size by height label and I was given one that drowned me until it was changed to a better one.

P1070894.jpg

Suddenly Mika appeared. I told him that Tim said we were good and he got us to stand around the trestle tables and warm up. That involved bouncing down and jumping up. My husband can’t bend his knee at the moment as he’s had an operation so he was told to stand and look stern. He shared some signals about singing more loudly, more quietly, coming in on time and something else. . . We then moved into ‘his’ room which was set out with a coffee table laden with fruit. He did some singing and rehearsing with us which was magical. He also hurt his throat trying to reach high notes. I heard him talking to Max about ‘Toy Boy’ but didn’t know they’d swapped it for ‘Elle Me Dit’ on the set list. He also let us into the fact that we’d be singing not 7 but 9 songs! A set list was put up showing CH for our parts. They have been changing the playing order and including different songs at different gigs which is lovely for the fans who travel to a lot of them. He said having the choir stopped him from being bored.

P1070895.jpg

We went back to the front of the stage and hung around afterwards - with Bob practising ‘Popular’ and ‘Lollipop’ which hadn’t been on the list, as it was preferable to waiting outside and I don’t think anyone was hungry because of the excitement. The venue opened its doors early because of the cold and let the audience into areas just outside the main room.

When the people started coming in the heart kits were given out. Lots of people made them straight away. They looked great.

P1070891.jpg

I gave my tickets away as they weren’t needed by the choir.

Edited by Ruth