Mika at Graham Norton BBC Radio 2 15/12/2012

DerMoment1608

No, I was thinking about that last night. wondered if he had recorded the interview, or if it was live, how would he get back to London in time to sleep and go to the studio next day.

The poor guy is only human after all.

Now here's what I thought, during the interview.

I know the MFC are going to be chasing me with rubber mallets for saying this, but Mika you really should <caps lock on> ENTER EUROVISION! <caps lock off>

I wouldn't be saying this if the two gigs this week had been at the O2 Arena and the MEN Arena Manchester. By rights that's where he shoud be, but he isn't.

Lets face it, he'd win Eurovision. He'd deff get 12 points from France! But if he really didn't want to sing himself, he could write the song! What's good enough for Andrew Lloyd Webber, is good enough for Mika.

It would be great publicity for him, and lets face it, what has he got to loose by doing it? His career in the UK has stalled. Things can't get worse. He should take the risk.

I'm happy to hear he's going back to America again. He needs to build on the hype that started with his success on itunes USA. It will really help him.

Congrats to our now-famous Eloise and Maca, and anyone else who got their email read out.

Even though I have no idea what a rubber mallet is MM, here's one:teehee:: The Eurovision Songcontest is sooooo out of time, it is really very oldfashioned. And it is absolutely not about the singing quality anymore. The first place is for the act who puts down the most remarkable show!And it is complete politics: countries voting (or not voting) for their neighbours...blegghh:thumbdown:

I am so very glad that Mika doesn't want to be there!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...when I was in France he said he'll tour Asia at the end of Nov or beginning of Dec, and few weeks ago said he will tour Asia in January but no ticket news yet, and now he says he will tour next year but doesn't mention when it would be...

He's such a teaser and I'm quite used to this ...:naughty:

I can decide for him if he can't make up his mind :mf_rosetinted:

JULY *PLEAAAASE* ? :wub2: Tokyo, Osaka, Seoul... Any would work for me :aah:

Oh no, not Eurovision, please.. I don't think there is a country where it's taken seriously (and I love Eurovision, but lets be real, everyone thinks/knows it's just a big joke) and Mika doesn't need even more mocking than he gets now :no: Although, as ridiculous as it may sound, I would like to see him on the X factor USA (many thinks he will be dropped by his label in the near future, then he would be free to do this, so why not? :mf_rosetinted:). It seems like the only way to get popular in the USA and I would actually be okay with that if people over there would finally discover and fall in love with Mika :wub2: Of course I know this will never happen, but it's interesting to imagine how Mika would look like as a contestant on such a show and how the audience would react over him :teehee:

It`s ok if he writes a song for a British contestant, but for God`s sake don`t be a participant MIKA!!!!!

No one takes Eurovision seriously these days....

Anyway 15 dates in North America. For real?? :shocked: I hope he is taking a loooooooooooong break before that. Firstly because of his voice and secondly because I have no interest whatsoever in standing outside in the winter. :mf_rosetinted:

I'll be really excited for him if it goes well and will be amazed if he comes back to Toronto in the near future. I'd pretty much given up hope.

Why not ? If so, it looks like he`s not going to perform in any other countries next year.... :dunno:

Let's see.... He put Asia first, and N.America, then S. America, Does it mean he's touring in this order ? :mf_rosetinted:

Anyways... nothing planned for January I think... no ticket news or something...wonder what's his plan atm ..... mysterious guy :naughty:

Let's see.... He put Asia first, and N.America, then S. America, Does it mean he's touring in this order ? :mf_rosetinted:

Anyways... nothing planned for January I think... no ticket news or something...wonder what's his plan atm ..... mysterious guy :naughty:

I hope his plan is to recover from his illness first. :mf_rosetinted:

No, I was thinking about that last night. wondered if he had recorded the interview, or if it was live, how would he get back to London in time to sleep and go to the studio next day.

The poor guy is only human after all.

Now here's what I thought, during the interview.

I know the MFC are going to be chasing me with rubber mallets for saying this, but Mika you really should <caps lock on> ENTER EUROVISION! <caps lock off>

I wouldn't be saying this if the two gigs this week had been at the O2 Arena and the MEN Arena Manchester. By rights that's where he shoud be, but he isn't.

Lets face it, he'd win Eurovision. He'd deff get 12 points from France! But if he really didn't want to sing himself, he could write the song! What's good enough for Andrew Lloyd Webber, is good enough for Mika.

It would be great publicity for him, and lets face it, what has he got to loose by doing it? His career in the UK has stalled. Things can't get worse. He should take the risk.

I'm happy to hear he's going back to America again. He needs to build on the hype that started with his success on itunes USA. It will really help him.

Congrats to our now-famous Eloise and Maca, and anyone else who got their email read out.

I guess I'm one of few who thinks it's a good idea :teehee: Mostly because I want to see him in sweden this year, but as you said if he won he would get a lot of publicity and radio time. At least here in sweden, they still play cyprus son gon the radio.

I know why Sweden wants Mika for Eurovision next year:teehee::teehee:

But first of all, we all wish him good health and complete recovery before doing ANY new show .

Hehe :naughty:

I agree with you, and I know he won't have time this year anyway :teehee:

Yes honestly I hope Mika just sorts his voice out before he sets off on more tours. I am concerned that he's having these voice problems when he doesn't seem "ill". He was having all sorts of ear infections and colds, etc. in 2007 that were causing the cancellations at that time. But it sounds like a specific problem with his vocal chords now. When Adele kept pushing herself through laryngitis she ended up needing surgery and a very long recovery period where she wasn't even able to speak, muchless sing.

PODCAST

http://www.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/series/grahamnorton

http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/podcasts/radio2/grahamnorton/rss.xml

Episodes available for:30 Days

"In this week's download Graham chats to actor Warwick Davis about panto, Ewoks and Karl Pilkington. And pop star Mika talks about his latest album and why he'll never do Eurovision. In Grill Graham there are two friend related problems, and as ever, the question on everybody's lips is whether or not Norton and McErlane can help?"