Mika nominated for 'The 100 Most Eligible Bachelors

~LollipopGirl

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I speak well English, I don't get the "Eligible Bachelor", what do they mean by that?

It means single, available to date, a good catch. Not really true in his case but he is not very public with his partner so I guess he's going to end up on a list like this.

I don't get why he is in this at all, he's not an eligible batchelor.

As much as I speak well English, I don't get the "Eligible Bachelor", what do they mean by that?

"Eligible bachelor" is a fancy way of saying "unmarried man who is worth marrying" (usually due to being rich, but famous, talented and attractive seems to be more important here)

Mika is an "Eligible bachelor" in that (so far as we are aware) he is not married or in a civil partnership (which is a type of "gay marriage" in the UK).

I think Rose's point is that he says he is in a relationship and so not "available" but as he is so discreet, the magazine may not be aware, or may choose to ignore this.

This is a "gay" magazine so they will be aware that he is gay.

As its harmless poll, i don't think there is any harm in including him - it's good for him to be included :thumb_yello:

(And he gets my vote, even though I don't stand a chance :teehee:)

It means single, available to date, a good catch. Not really true in his case but he is not very public with his partner so I guess he's going to end up on a list like this.

You put that so succinctly. Puts my poor wordy effort to shame :teehee:

:naughty::aah: Yeah - it looks like Mel will "get married" before her master ...:teehee:

Love,love

me

But I don't get it, here in the pride news (:teehee:) of Israel, they say he's in the 14th place and there is even a picture:mikacool:

http://www.mako.co.il/pride-news/global/Article-3380914b4319341006.htm?sCh=7489373c71380310&pId=786102762

(They wrote "Nika" instead of "Mika", I can't believe it:sneaky2::sneaky2:)

But you can still vote...?

Edit: oh now it's for the top 10, I see...

Edited by lollipop161