No place in heaven songs tiny love/revelation tour

Phillip Nguyen

Mika sang Good Guys a few times during the tour and also No Place In Heaven once (I think) but you are right that those songs aren't part of the regular setlist. I don't know why, NPIH is my favourite Mika album but I guess there aren't any big hits like EMD or even WAG etc. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

Also maybe there are more ballads or mid-tempo songs on this album which aren't so suitable for the big show as he is already singing Underwater and Blue/Paloma? :dunno:

Yeah that could be an explanation maybe... :dunno:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

Also maybe there are more ballads or mid-tempo songs on this album which aren't so suitable for the big show as he is already singing Underwater and Blue/Paloma? :dunno:

What is EMD, (Elle me dit? I would assume he sings that only in france/Europe) and WAG (WHERE have ALL The GOOD guys gone? bit of a stretch lol), Personally not a huge fan of blue, would rather paloma, or keeping in those style of songs, maybe (unlikely) over my shoulder (but songs like blue, over my shoulder, any other world, I already skip). Thanks for reply btw

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Phillip Nguyen said:

What is EMD, (Elle me dit? I would assume he sings that only in france/Europe) and WAG (WHERE have ALL The GOOD guys gone? bit of a stretch lol), Personally not a huge fan of blue, would rather paloma, or keeping in those style of songs, maybe (unlikely) over my shoulder (but songs like blue, over my shoulder, any other world, I already skip). Thanks for reply btw

EMD means Elle Me Dit, as you already said and WAG stands for We Are Golden. :wink2:

I really like those slowly meaningful songs in between, so I am happy if he still sings them.

• Like 1

Mika says he wants to tell a story with his show, so I suppose the songs from NPIH just don't fit in. He plays the other ones only at the smaller shows, the ones without the big stage set.

He also plays Elle Me Dit in Italy (not sure if at every gig, but at least at the 2 I attended :teehee:), and at most shows he dedicates it to his Mum. The song tells an important story about his life, so it's part of the setlist at the big shows. Only Stardust he just plays in Italy and nowhere else, probably because it was his biggest hit there.

On 2/10/2020 at 4:28 PM, Starlight said:

EMD means Elle Me Dit, as you already said and WAG stands for We Are Golden. :wink2:

I really like those slowly meaningful songs in between, so I am happy if he still sings them.

I forgot 'we are golden' existed haha. Yes I like differently slow songs though like 'Lady Jane', 'Ordinary man' and from his new album 'Ready to call this love', but obviously it depends on jack savoretti being there. I hope he's the special guest on the Melbourne show

Edited by Phillip Nguyen
+ordinary man from no place in heaven

15 hours ago, Phillip Nguyen said:

Yes I like differently slow songs though like 'Lady Jane', 'Ordinary love' and from his new album 'Ready to call this love'

At the small shows he sometimes asks the crowd for song requests. The most likely is Good Guys, but if you're lucky, he might remember the lyrics for Ordinary Man, he sang it at a few shows of the Heaven tour. Lady Jane, probably not. :teehee:

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, mellody said:

At the small shows he sometimes asks the crowd for song requests. The most likely is Good Guys, but if you're lucky, he might remember the lyrics for Ordinary Man, he sang it at a few shows of the Heaven tour. Lady Jane, probably not. :teehee:

I would request 'one foot boy'/'rain' lol. It would make sense that he remembers the more popular songs' lyrics. 'talk about you' /'all she wants' would be a good "mainstream"/no place in heaven songs to request

19 minutes ago, Phillip Nguyen said:

I would request 'one foot boy'/'rain' lol. It would make sense that he remembers the more popular songs' lyrics. 'talk about you' /'all she wants' would be a good "mainstream"/no place in heaven songs to request

Oh yes Rain. :wub2: I'm missing that one!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Phillip Nguyen said:

I would request 'one foot boy'/'rain' lol.

2 hours ago, Starlight said:

Oh yes Rain. :wub2: I'm missing that one!

I was just listening to TBWKTM yesterday because I never get enough of Rain and also Blame It On The Girls. And I See You. And Pick Up Off The Floor. So many underrated songs on this album I'd love to hear live! :biggrin2:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, giraffeandy said:

I was just listening to TBWKTM yesterday because I never get enough of Rain and also Blame It On The Girls. And I See You. And Pick Up Off The Floor. So many underrated songs on this album I'd love to hear live! :biggrin2:

:yeah:

2 hours ago, giraffeandy said:

"I See You" Mika on the piano with an unbrella made of confetti and when Mika opens the umbrella, the whole confetti falls like rain. Imaginarium Tour :wub: A wonderful show.:cloud:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mikasister said:

"I See You" Mika on the piano with an unbrella made of confetti and when Mika opens the umbrella, the whole confetti falls like rain. Imaginarium Tour :wub: A wonderful show.:cloud:

Oh yes! :wub2: And reminds me of my one and only gig. :cloud:

Screenshot_2020-02-13-16-06-11-1.png