Song on Spotify - Under

Hi guys!

I just realized MIKA released this new single, but it’s just an instrumental song and I don’t really understand what is it.

I haven’t seen any promotion of it in social media or anywhere. Does someone know what is this all about?

Thank you!

5999189C-979B-40BB-BAB1-9E3C203D2E87.png

It's not our Mika, just some misallocation by Spotify. Mika might not do that much promo, but you can be sure that if he released a new song, we would know. ;)  And it's obvious from the music that it's not him.

• Like 1

• mellody changed the title to Song on Spotify - Under

This reminds me of one time when I saw some random song on Apple Music that was attributed to Mika that seemingly had nothing to do with him–it said he was featured and I definitely didn't hear him singing anywhere in it—then it disappeared a week or so later. I think this happens a lot when two artists have the same name, or if there's just some totally random tech glitch. I've seen it with other singers and songwriters I follow, as well, although it doesn't happen very often.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, linzijay said:

This reminds me of one time when I saw some random song on Apple Music that was attributed to Mika that seemingly had nothing to do with him–it said he was featured and I definitely didn't hear him singing anywhere in it—then it disappeared a week or so later. I think this happens a lot when two artists have the same name, or if there's just some totally random tech glitch. I've seen it with other singers and songwriters I follow, as well, although it doesn't happen very often.

Yes, it does happen periodically. I've seen it on Soundcloud a few times as well. I'm not sure why. You'd think that Spotify and the other services would be careful enough to distinguish between artists with similar names. :dunno:  In any case, this is not "our" MIKA!

• Like 2