2023 - Mika @ Francofolies in Spa, Belgium, 20 July REPORTS/VIDS/PICS

Kumazzz

55 minutes ago, Kumazzz said:

:no:

No, it's RE-broadcast from Francofolies de La Rochelle 2022.

https://www.programme-tv.com/television/951174406/mika-aux-francofolies-de-la-rochelle.html

Mika aux Francofolies de La Rochelle

Thanks for the info! I didn't realise it would be last year's concert, which I think I have saved somewhere anyway 😅

• Like 1

We booked tickets for the Beach festival in Nieuwpoort earlier this year when a friend of mine texted me stating we wouldn't have enough with only one MIKA-gig this year, and as he was coming to Francofolies Spa she asked if we shouldn't buy tickets for this festival as well... So we did.

We went in early so we could check out the shows of RORI, Charles and Juliette Armanet as well. After Juliette Armanet we tried to get as close to the stage as we could get and had to do an hour of waiting... Luckily enough the rain didn't really got started and went over. Weirdest thing about this festival was the fact it seemed like some local thing every now and then where people would catch up with each other and do a lot of talking. Unfortunately enough that also meant people tried to get up to the front to people they know and were waving to them, no matter if you tried to tell them there wasn't any more place left. 

Anyhow, went the lights turned out and the band came on stage the excitement was there. I love how Lollipop became a great opener with the quite acoustic intro on piano before bursting open in a high energetic song. During 'Origin of Love' he got a hold of a heart shaped balloon from someone in the audience which he pinched whilst singing 'don't let it break you...' 

He told us he arrived without their truck which meant they had to do the show without any props, no decor and no extra lightning. But that would also mean they would be free, spontaneous and they would get to do this with all of us. (And boy, did he deliver!!) 
During 'Big Girl' he went into the audience and all the people went crazy (again, sad that people push other ones over to get as close as possible to him...) 

From then on everyone was eating out the palm of his hand. He got Juliette Armanet on stage who stood at the side of it, made her play the outro piano for 'Relax, Take it Easy' before the band joined in again. He teased with the people at the restaurant, even made the people in the hotel next to stage sing along to 'Underwater' (and we've got the say, it was audible so applause to have the courage to sing for so many people standing outside!) 

After 'Rain' (one of my favourite live songs) we were in for a treat! He announced he would do something never done before, chatted about the French album he has been writing over the last couple of years and tonight he would let us hear the first single of the album and on top of it they would record a small video clip for the announcement together with us. He went into the audience again and told us we could sing along, jump, dance and do whatever we wanted. And so did we. More than before the audience went mental and I'm sure the images will look and show much of a party we had! 

You could tell he was really proud and was enjoying himself as much as we did. He was taking it all in which was so beautiful to see! Wouter did an amazing drum solo during one of the costume changes. So happy as well 'We Are Golden' has been part of his setlist again since the last couple of tours! Also love the new intro to 'Love Today', ever since he did the BBC Radio 4 news-weather intro at the show in Versailles I've been fan of that part. He did that kind of thing again last year at the festival in Zeebrugge (Live is Live) and I could hear small references to this in the new intro.

Unfortunately he did not sing 'Yoyo' but at the end of this show he and his band danced to the remix version of course! 

See a few of my images and videos on my Instagram post: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cu8K2M-IW-7/?img_index=1

Setlist:

Lollipop

Origin of Love

Ice Cream

Big Girl (You Are Beautiful)

Tiny Love

Relax, Take It Easy (with Juliette Armanet)

Overrated

Underwater

Rain

C'est la vie (Premiere of the song, recording video clip)

Boum Boum Boum

Good Guys

Happy Ending

Elle me dit

Grace Kelly

We are Golden

Encore:

Love Today

Outro

Yoyo (song played from tape)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

SUDINFO

https://www.sudinfo.be/id689508/article/2023-07-21/un-triomphe-et-des-bisous-dans-la-foule-pour-mika-pour-cloturer-la-premiere

Publié le 21/07/2023 à 12:17

Un triomphe et des bisous dans la foule pour Mika, pour clôturer la première soirée de Francos

La première soirée de Francofolies s’est terminée avec Mika, sur la grande scène. Un concert spadois lors duquel le public a repris en chœur ses multiples tubes. Voici la galerie de photos de fin de cette première journée francofolle…

En soirée, le Parc de 7 heures a fait le plein, aux Francofolies. Avec plusieurs concerts très attendus. Dont celui de Juliette Armanet qui a entamé son show bien sagement au clavier, avant de tomber la chemise et d’enflammer de public. Changement de décor ensuite, avec un costume à paillette pour finir allongée sur son piano.

dscf1505.thumb.jpeg.f5457d95aedba1dcc0f9e5d4f6086e5f.jpeg

6a0ac17c-0e0e-482f-91fe-f5e7cf1bf3e9.thumb.jpeg.1f1d09da5d5b41dcc8b1d2116d251336.jpeg

21b691be-bf72-4120-8c97-92b19dc4a75d.thumb.jpeg.7e4b2d812d70fe63263bc0c15ffdc5f2.jpeg

c06caae5-e495-4810-ae1f-fceb4d381ba5.thumb.jpeg.488a68e98647f8d222afc9bbecfb8364.jpeg

72173fa0-368c-44ff-8d46-fe9528fc916f.thumb.jpeg.4a04eb30686123f40666a3c0c417cc72.jpeg

dscf1408.thumb.jpeg.049a07ba414e622674d73dd7df33b97c.jpeg

dscf3381.thumb.jpeg.3e50c85c88d108d2752d513703fd90f7.jpeg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

RTBF be

https://www.rtbf.be/article/mika-devoile-le-clip-de-son-nouveau-single-cest-la-vie-enregistre-aux-francofolies-de-spa-11249269

Mika dévoile le clip de son nouveau single "C’est la vie", enregistré aux Francofolies de Spa

Le 20 juillet dernier, Mika enflammait la scène des Francofolies de Spa en interprétant pour la première fois son nouveau titre C’est la vie. Un titre sorti vendredi dernier en single, accompagné d’un clip intégralement enregistré lors de cette folle soirée.

Le public des Francos se souviendra longtemps de ce concert, en partie immortalisé dans ce clip tourné en une seule prise devant des milliers de personnes. "C’était la toute première fois que je le chantais en Belgique devant 15.000 fans et on a filmé ce moment ! Quel public vous étiez !" s’est-il enthousiasmé sur ses réseaux sociaux.

C’est la vie, qui vient de sortir en single, est une chanson en français à la mélodie enjouée et dansante, mais qui traite de sujets douloureux et des épreuves difficiles que la vie peut nous faire traverser.

"C’est vraiment le bilan de tout ce qui ne va pas. Tout ce qui est triste, tout ce qui peut être frustrant, dans ma vie, dans la vie des autres", explique Mika à BFMTV. "Ça parle même de mon âge, ça parle de la mort, de tout. Et après, ça fait cette sorte de grand écart, où ça cherche à pardonner et à fêter la vie, à métaboliser la vie."

Le journaliste musical Bruno Tummers était sur place lors de l’enregistrement du clip et note l’efficacité de la chanson : "Au bout de 30 secondes, le public spadois criait, sautait, chantait avec lui. Ce qui est quand même incroyable, car personne n’avait jamais entendu cette chanson et le public a tout de suite adhéré".

Un nouvel album entièrement en français est en préparation et arrivera avant les fêtes de fin d’année. Pour cet opus, Mika s’est entouré du producteur Tristan Salvati (qui collabore aussi avec Angèle et Louane) et de Doriand pour les textes qui lui avait déjà signé d’autres titres en français.

• Like 1