Mika in Canadian Press 2024

Fugues Avril 2024

Published on Mar 28, 2024

fugues_avril2024.jpg.f2874dd53070640f5bf2d6ce62154860.jpg

Page 63,

“The concept of coming out is a very dangerous one because it is not the most in-depth thing. It’s like a firecracker that goes off. Then what happens afterwards? Sexuality and iden tity have been the ingredients of my music and lyrics since the beginning. It was always there. It’s just that my figuring out was done in a different way and under a lot of pressure, a lot of negative pressure, which was the worst possible thing that could be done. Developing a sense of candidness takes time. I’m really happy that I now have the freedom to deal with the concept of sexuality, labels and breaking those preconceptions and how you are supposed to deal with it.” – British pop star Mika, June 2015.

Fugues_AVRIL2024-1_page-63.jpg.20fa9e42fbf3b61030b071c02a629de3.jpg

Page 73

Mika | Débarqué comme une bombe à la fin des années 2000, Mika transcende les cultures et les générations des deux côtés de l’Atlantique. Avec ses airs joyeux qui lui ont valu trois World Music Awards, il contribue à propager un message d’acceptation et d’ouverture tout en redéfinissant les contours de la pop.

Mika | Landing like a bomb at the end of the 2000s, Mika transcends cultures and generations on both sides of the Atlantic. With his joyful tunes which have earned him three World Music Awards, he helps spread a message of acceptance and openness while redefining the contours of pop.

Fugues_AVRIL2024-1_page-73.jpg.79990b0c77995ef2472d95b56760a1ce.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2