Mika in Canadian Press in 2021

Kumazzz

samedi 6 février 2021

Showbizz.net

:france:
Mika est en deuil

Le chanteur Mika est en deuil de sa mère, Joannie Penniman, qui est décédée des suites d'un cancer du cerveau foudroyant.

Elle est décédée en décembre dernier. Peu avant son décès, les choses s'étaient empirées alors que la dame avait en plus contracté la Covid.

L'artiste a commenté la situation dans le magazine Le Parisien, en évoquant un concert qu'il a offert à Versailles, auquel sa mère a pu assister avant son décès.

« Toute ma famille était présente à ce concert et même ma mère, qui m’a formée, était là, en chaise roulante », a-t-il confié au Parisien ce jeudi 4 février 2021. « D’une certaine manière, je faisais ce concert pour elle… […] Elle est partie peu de temps après… » 

Il ajoute : « Certainement fière de celui que j’étais devenu… me léguant la même exigence pour la suite… ne jamais céder à la facilité, continuer à défricher de nouveaux horizons créatifs… c’est ce qu’elle m’a transmis. »

Nous offrons nos plus sincères condoléances à Mika, sa famille et les proches de la défunte.

Celui-ci a souvent évoqué l'influence qu'avait eue sa mère pour qu'il puisse faire le métier qu'il fait avec brio aujourd'hui.

D'ailleurs, on le retrouvera comme Directeur artistique de Star Académie cet hiver, un rôle qu'il a lui-même convoité et qui le comble de bonheur.

:uk:

Mika is in mourning

Singer Mika is in mourning for his mother, Joannie Penniman, who died from devastating brain cancer.

She passed away last December. Shortly before her death, things got worse as the lady had also contracted the Covid.

The artist commented on the situation in Le Parisien magazine, referring to a concert he offered in Versailles, which his mother was able to attend before his death.

“My whole family was present at this concert and even my mother, who trained me, was there, in a wheelchair,” he told Le Parisien this Thursday, February 4, 2021. “In a way, I was doing this concert for her… […] She left shortly after… ”

He adds: "Certainly proud of who I had become ... bequeathing me the same requirement for the future ... never giving in to the easy way, continuing to explore new creative horizons ... that's what she passed on to me. "

We offer our deepest condolences to Mika, his family and the relatives of the deceased.

He often spoke of the influence his mother had had so that he could do the job he brilliantly does today.

Moreover, we will find him as Directeur artistique de Star Académie this winter, a role he himself coveted and which fills him with happiness.

670.thumb.jpg.901218d94c357846485d72a372239515.jpg

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I am wondering if he will travel to Quebec in these circumstances and how his role as artistic director will be affected by what happened 

In a way, I think they knew what will happen, probably the doctors told them to be prepared. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Amy hudsone said:

I am wondering if he will travel to Quebec in these circumstances and how his role as artistic director will be affected by what happened 

As I said on our Zoom meeting yesterday, I was already thinking when he did this video interview with Canadian TV, it sounded like he already might have finished his work, and they just will use the concept he mapped out. I had been wondering all along whether maybe he can just do the work remotely from Europe, the insecurities of travelling during a pandemic have been there all the time.

Work can help to distract oneself, it might be better than sitting around at home alone with your thoughts. So in any case I don't think he cancelled anything. What his work on the show looks like exactly, we'll see. :dunno_grin: Maybe he has finished his part, maybe he will work via video, or maybe he'll travel to Canada at some point, who knows.

• Like 10

7 Jours1

19 Feb 2021

Page 7

Ils ont perdu un proche

Des artistes d’ici et d’ailleurs pleurent le décès d’un proche présentement.

MIKA a aussi perdu sa mère récemment. Le chanteur a annoncé la triste nouvelle dans les pages du journal français Le Parisien. L’artiste avait révélé en septembre 2019 que sa mère, dont il était très proche, souffrait d’un cancer du cerveau, une maladie qui aura eu raison de celle qui a au moins pu voir son fils sur scène une dernière fois avant de partir, lors du spectacle qu’il a présenté en décembre à l’Opéra royal de Versailles. «D’une certaine manière, je faisais ce concert pour elle. Elle est partie peu de temps après», a-t-il raconté.

They lost a loved one

Artists from here and elsewhere are mourning the passing of a loved one right now.

MIKA also recently lost his mother. The singer announced the sad news in the pages of the French newspaper Le Parisien. The artist revealed in September 2019 that his mother, to whom he was very close, suffered from brain cancer, a disease that got the better of the one who at least was able to see her son on stage one last time before leaving, during the show he presented in December at the Royal Opera of Versailles. “In a way, I was doing this gig for her. She left shortly after” he said.

2021-02-19_7_Jours_p.8.thumb.jpg.b80aaadebed685d4a44aa4b4edc2a452.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a pdf file
  • Like 1

Échos vedettes

11 Feb 2021

Mika a perdu sa maman

En attendant de le voir à Star Académie, on aimerait faire savoir à Mika qu’on est tous avec lui et qu’on lui fait un gros câlin virtuel. En entrevue dans les pages du Parisien, le chanteur de 37 ans a confié qu’il venait de perdre sa maman, Joannie. Il s’est rappelé son ultime sortie, lors de l’enregistrement d’une prestation à l’Opéra royal de Versailles. «Toute ma famille était présente à ce concert. Et même ma mère, qui m’a formé, était là, en chaise roulante. D’une certaine manière, je faisais ce concert pour elle... Elle est partie peu de temps après... Certainement fière de celui que j’étais devenu... Me léguant la même exigence pour la suite: ne jamais céder à la facilité, continuer à défricher de nouveaux horizons créatifs... C’est ce qu’elle m’a transmis. [...] Elle me faisait lire des poésies en italien, en allemand, en latin. Tout ça, quatre heures par jour.» Mika était très proche de sa maman. Hélas, cette dernière a eu un cancer du cerveau très agressif. Il l’avait révélé à Paris Match en 2019. En avril 2020, il avait écrit sur les réseaux sociaux que la pauvre, pour ne rien arranger, était aux prises avec la covid-19. Elle s’en était sortie, mais le cancer a fini par avoir raison d’elle.

img.jpg.00f11dbc790e74809c700f4ce4a233cc.jpg

2021-02-13_Echos_Vedettes_p_65.thumb.jpg.bed193efa0ee5aefe7aec42f4ef9943b.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz
adding a pdf file
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is the interview for ICI MUSIQUE with Catherine Pogonat "Face a Face"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2QDMCHEAb/

Just in a few words (well it turned out to be almost the whole interview):

Question about Star Academie.

Mika: I don't teach anything. really. You shouldn't think about teaching but about collaboration. ...

During my quarantine I took lessons of philosophy and I've learned that Aristotle did not write anything. He was walking and speaking. You should learn by living and doing things. ... Not on lessons. I've learned when I was 7 by doing things. I remember very well this fear when I had to go on the stage in front of 2'000 people. And I had to sing out loud with the orchestre of 120 musicians. This is not workshop. This is life. ...

I am not the artistic director of the whole program. I am preparing only two performances of 14-15 minutes. I was working on details during several weeks or even months with Star Academie team and my teams in Ireland, UK and France...

I hope it will work. And through this experience the students will learn things.

I decided not to treat them like candidates on the casting to the singing competition. I will treat them like other persons working with me. So if I am too hard or I am expecting too much it's because the real life is like this...

Mika explains that pop music needs to be universal and not just more accessible to the public.

Example "Black Bird" of the Beatles - the text very strong but very universal, and this is its strength.

Catherine asks about Mika's collaboration with Pierre Lapointe and other canadian artists.

Mika: This morning I was talking on the phone with an artist not from Quebec but he has very strong connection with Canada and Quebec - Rufus Wainwright. I like him a lot. And we are trying to cook something together. Not literally. I am a friend with Adam Cohen,  I sang with Beatrice from "Le Coeur de Pirate". And with Pierre we exchange messages from the beginning of my quarantine. He promised me to make a date via Zoom with a coffee or a glass of wine. Well, I would prefer to meet him in real life because drinking with a tablette is not very nice. 

Then Catherine comes back to the beginning of the quarantine when Mika was doing his lives "Cooking with Mika". She was following his account.

"How did you live this period? Did you make a progress in your artistic life or the contrary?

Mika: It's the period very creative. With huge changes in my life, in my business, in my structure and in the projects which will appear during next 3 years. So the things we are preparing will take 3-4 years. But I didn't show anything about it in the social media.... I didn't want to sing in my living room. When I answered in music I did a huge effort with my team to react to the crisis in Lebanon. I was so happy that it was possible to show it on canadian television. For the New year I wanted to do something strong and poetic. We have prepared a 9 minutes sequence in Palais de Versailles. With fireworks. I have to tell you it was so complicated to do. It was incredible. So singing in the living room... I think you should play music in a special way. So just not to close the door completely I decided to cook in my kitchen. But the truth is that I didn't cook too much. I was singing using a bunch of spaghetti as a mic and a glass of wine in the other hand, I was swinging my hips to a song of Cher... If I had to do it again in front of the camera I am not sure if I would do it again. well, I did it and it makes a part of things I put in to a closet.

Catherine mentions that she made a Cher imitation too. And she is not proud of it either. 

As they use Zoom to talk they start to play with hair to look like Cher. And they sing like Cher.

Catherine recalls their last interview when she proposed a choreography to Relax. Mika promised to do it on stage but the concerts have been cancelled. 

Mika: But I will come back. Even now I am here (in Canada) and I made 2 weeks of quarantine to work for 2 weeks at Star Academie. First because I like the proposal ... but as well... yes, we had to cancel the concert in Centre Bell and Videotron but it doesn't mean I have to cancel my connection with Quebec. It's impossible. That's why I am here as well. It's to say Ok, we couldn't do that but we can do something different while waiting.... But your choreography needs some development I think. Because for the moment you dance as well as I cook.

Catherine: But I dance very well. I will develop more my choreography and I will come on stage to dance it with you. 

And they wrap up the interview.

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

ICI Musique

L'effet Pogonat

catpogonat_1_n.thumb.jpg.e9dd67847a8e5c99626682ff80b4bca6.jpg

Thanks a lot @Anna Ko Kolkowska

MP4 file

3 hours ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Here is the interview for ICI MUSIQUE with Catherine Pogonat "Face a Face"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM2QDMCHEAb/

Translation

1 hour ago, Anna Ko Kolkowska said:

Just in a few words (well it turned out to be almost the whole interview):

Question about Star Academie.

Mika: I don't teach anything. really. You shouldn't think about teaching but abot collaboration. ...

During my quarantine I took lessons of philosophy and I've learned that Aristotle did not write anything. He was walking and speaking. You should learn by living and doing things. ... Not on lessons. I've learned when I was 7 by doing things. I remember very well this fear when I had to go on the stage in front of 2'000 people. And I had to sing out loud with the orchestre of 120 musicians. This is not workshop. This is life. ...

I am not the artistic director of the whole program. I am preparing only two performances of 14-15 minutes. I was working on details during several weeks or even months with Star Academie team and my teams in Ireland, UK and France...

I hope it will work. And through this experience the students will learn things.

I decided not to treat them like candidates on the casting to the singing competition. I will treat them like other persons working with me. So if I am too hard or I am expecting too much it's because the real life is like this...

Mika explains that pop music needs to be universal and not just more accessible to the public.

Example "Black Bird" of the Beatles - the text very strong but very universal, and this is it's strength.

Catherine asks about Mika's collaboration with Pierre Lapointe and other canadian artists.

Mika: This morning I was talking on the phone with an artist not from Quebec but he has very strong connection with Canada and Quebec - Rufus Wainwright. I like him a lot. And we are trying to cook something together. Not literally. I am a friend with Adam Cohen,  I sang with Beatrice from "Le Coeur de Pirate". And with Pierre we exchange messages from the beginning of my quarantine. He promised me to make a date via Zoom with a coffee or a glass of wine. Well, I would prefer to meet him in real life because drinking with a tablette is not very nice. 

Then Catherine comes back to the beginning of the quarantine when Mika was doing his lives "Cooking with Mika". She was following his account.

"How did you live this period? Did you made a progress in your artistic life or the contrary?

Mika: It's the period very creative. With huge changes in my life, in my business, in my structure and in the projects which will appear during next 3 years. So the things we are preparing will take 3-4 years. But I didn't show anything about it in the social media.... I didn't want to sing in my living room. When I answered in music I did a huge effort with my team to react to the crisis in Lebanon. I was so happy that it was possible to show it on canadian television. For the New year I wanted to do something strong and poetic. We have prepared a 9 minutes sequence in Palais de Versailles. With fireworks. I have to tell you it was so complicated to do. It was incredible. So singing in the living room... I think you should play music in a special way. So just not to close the door completely I decided to cook in my kitchen. But the truth is that I didn't cook too much. I was singing using a bunch of spaghetti as a mic and a glass of wine in the other hand, I was swinging my hips to a song of Cher... If I had to do it again in front of the camera I am not sure if I would do it again. well, I did it and it makes a part of things I put in to a closet.

Catherine mentions that she made a Cher imitation too. And she is not proud of it either. 

As they use Zoom to talk they start to play with hair to look like Cher. And they sing like Cher.

Catherine recalls their last interview when she proposed a choreography to Relax. Mika promised to do it on stage but the concerts have been cancelled. 

Mika: But I will come back. Even now I am here (in Canada) and I made 2 weeks of quarantine to work for 2 weeks at Star Academie. First because I like the proposal ... but as well... yes, we had to cancel the concert in Centre Bell and Videotron but it doesn't mean I have to cancel my connection with QUebec. It's impossible. That's why I am here as well. It's to say Ok, we couldn't so that but we can do something different while waiting.... But your choreography needs some development I think. Because for the moment you dance as well as I cook.

Catherne: But I dance very well. But I will develop more my choreography and I will come on stage to dance it with you. 

And they wrap up the interview.

• Like 2

An article from the canadian La Presse+

https://plus.lapresse.ca/screens/ad4cd20f-b76f-4c48-a2cf-c8adf02dfac0__7C___0.html?utm_content=ulink&utm_source=lpp&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=internal share&fbclid=IwAR0QbGqEbnc_lnWmEJ2fO0LPpImsNlJhiwnptQKphBCAff2Q6oYafvNltP4

MUSIQUE
LA DOUCE RÉSISTANCE DE MIKA
OSÉE LAPOINTELA PRESSE

Avec son masque et sa casquette, c’est à peine si on reconnaît Mika lorsqu’il se présente au rendez-vous mercredi.

Vêtu d’une veste rouge et de jeans, baskets aux pieds, le chanteur se promène incognito dans le centre-ville de Montréal. Son dernier passage chez nous remonte à septembre 2019, lors de deux spectacles mémorables au Théâtre Corona, prélude à une tournée mondiale des grands arénas… qui n’a jamais eu lieu pour cause de pandémie.

« J’avais deux mois de tournée aux États-Unis qui étaient vendus full », nous raconte-t-il lors d’un entretien charmant, assis sur un banc de parc. « Lollapalooza, Coachella, l’Amérique du Sud… Mais j’ai pris la décision, dès le départ, de tout annuler et de ne pas reporter. Je voyais ce qui se passait en Asie, je voyais ce qui s’en venait et je me disais : c’est pas possible, ce truc est trop gros. »

La supervedette est au Québec pour participer à Star Académie et passera deux semaines avec les concurrents – il montera deux

numéros, dont un avec ses propres chansons –, contrairement au plan initial qui prévoyait plutôt quatre fois en trois mois. « Ça devait être plus long et plus dispersé. J’arrive, je m’en vais, je reviens, pour voir le progrès », explique-t-il.

Les restrictions sanitaires ont bien sûr changé les plans. Mais Mika n’a pas voulu se désister de sa participation à la populaire émission, même si elle impliquait deux semaines de quarantaine à son arrivée, entre autres parce que, parmi ses spectacles annulés, il y avait ceux prévus auCentre Bell et au Centre Vidéotron.

« Ça signifiait que cette région que j’aime et à laquelle je dois beaucoup, qui m’a toujours amené de l’énergie au cours des 14 dernières années, eh bien, j’aurais pu ne pas y aller pendant trois ans, potentiellement. C’est trop. »

LIGNE DE BEAUTÉ

L’année 2020 a été émotivement éprouvante pour Mika, mais il n’a jamais arrêté de travailler. « Je ne suis pas un héros pour avoir fait ça. Mais pour moi, c’est une sorte de douce résistance. »

Le chanteur d’origine libanaise a entre autres organisé un grand spectacle caritatif virtuel pour venir en aide aux sinistrés de l’explosion de Beyrouth – « Je reconnais que c’est un petit truc par rapport à l’ampleur de la crise là-bas, mais ce n’est pas parce qu’on se sent impuissant qu’on ne peut pas faire de bruit quand même » –, composé la musique du feu d’artifice du 31 décembre au château de Versailles, offert un concert classique de ses grands succès dans la salle somptueuse de l’Opéra royal de Versailles (qu’on peut toujours regarder sur le site de France Télévision, et dont l’album est offert sur les plateformes d’écoute en continu).

"Dans une période de crise, on ne peut pas répondre avec des banalités. »

— Mika

Il a donc voulu créer des projets signifiants, question d’y trouver chaque fois une « ligne de beauté ». « Il y a différentes manières de regarder le monde, qui permettent de mettre du sens et de l’ordre dans la vie autour de nous et en nous, explique Mika. Une de ces règles, c’est la règle de la beauté. Parce qu’il y en a même dans la tristesse. Même dans la peine. Il y a de la beauté même dans la mort. »

Cette quête est justement inspirée par la mort de sa mère, qui a été emportée il y a deux mois par un cancer après avoir aussi attrapé la COVID-19 et y avoir survécu. C’est sa mère qui l’a aidé à trouver sa voix et à se construire, se souvient-il, et tout ce qu’il fera dans cette « ligne de beauté » lui sera toujours dédié. « Je n’ai pas honte de le dire », avoue doucement Mika, qui estime que ce concept lui « donne du courage ».

« Cette idée aide à la survie et à la créativité, et rester créatif sera important dans la prochaine phase de ma vie, alors que j’approche de la quarantaine. »

VALEUR

Cette année qui vient de s’écouler a aussi permis à l’auteur-compositeur-interprète de réfléchir à son rôle comme artiste. Lui qui se sentait souvent « perplexe » et « hors contexte » lorsqu’il comparait sa musique à celle de la scène urbaine, comme le rap et le R&B, affirme avoir réalisé pendant la crise que c’était en fait sa « plus grande valeur ».

« Je me suis dit : c’est OK, ça va, c’est la raison pour laquelle je peux toujours travailler, autant avec de grands moments de succès commercial que des moments plus discrets. Et ça, c’est une force, pas une faiblesse. J’espère que ça m’aidera à assumer encore plus, pour être encore plus fort dans ma réponse créative. »

Alors qu’il a recommencé à écrire pour un prochain album et pris goût aux happenings et aux évènements ponctuels, Mika ne cultive aucun regret par rapport à sa tournée annulée.

« C’est passé, ça, la frustration. Et puis, c’est intéressant aussi, une interruption. Il y a un côté un peu oriental dans ça. Un peu inch Allah. Qui le sait, tu vois ? »

— Mika

Ce qui est certain, par contre, c’est que même si 2020 a été terrible et « étouffante », il prêche pour le devoir de mémoire : l’oubli serait une énorme erreur, croit-il.

« Ce serait insultant pour les gens qui ont souffert le plus. Si t’as pas eu d’argent, pas eu le soutien du gouvernement comme il fallait, si t’es mort sans ta famille, si t’as perdu quelqu’un sans lui dire au revoir… et on t’efface ? Ou, au contraire, on souligne, on rend honneur à la souffrance qui a été vécue, et on change au moins quelque chose. Oui, il y a des choses que j’aimerais oublier. Mais 2020, non. »

GOOGLE TRANSLATION

MIKA'S SOFT RESISTANCE
JOSÉE LAPOINTE
With his mask and hat on, you can hardly recognize Mika when he shows up for the meeting on Wednesday.

Dressed in a red jacket and jeans, sneakers on, the singer walks incognito in downtown Montreal. His last visit to us was in September 2019, during two memorable shows at the Corona Theater, the prelude to a world tour of the great arenas ... which never took place due to the pandemic.

"I had two months of touring the United States that were sold full," he tells us in a charming interview, sitting on a park bench. “Lollapalooza, Coachella, South America… But I made the decision from the start to cancel everything and not postpone. I saw what was going on in Asia, I saw what was happening and I thought to myself: it's not possible, this thing is too big. "

The superstar is in Quebec to participate in Star Académie and will spend two weeks with the competitors - he will run two

performances, including one with his own songs - unlike the initial plan which called for four times in three months. “It had to be longer and more dispersed. I'm coming, I'm going, I'm coming back, to see the progress, "he explains.

Health restrictions have of course changed plans. But Mika did not want to give up his participation in the popular show, even if it involved two weeks of quarantine on his arrival, among other things because, among his canceled shows, there were those planned at the Bell Center and at the Videotron Center. .

"It meant that this region that I love and owe a lot to, which has always given me energy for the last 14 years, well, I could have not been there for three years, potentially . It's too much. "

BEAUTY LINE

2020 has been an emotionally trying year for Mika, but he never stopped working. “I'm not a hero for doing this. For me, it's kind of a gentle resistance. "

The singer of Lebanese origin has among other things organized a big virtual charity show to help the victims of the explosion in Beirut - "I recognize that it is a small thing compared to the extent of the crisis there. , but it is not because we feel powerless that we cannot make noise ”-, he composed the music of the fireworks of December 31 at the Palace of Versailles, offered a classical concert of his great successes in the sumptuous hall of the Royal Opera of Versailles (which can still be watched on the France Television website, and of which the album is available on streaming platforms).

"In a time of crisis, we cannot respond with banalities."

- Mika

He therefore wanted to create meaningful projects, a question of finding there each time a "line of beauty". “There are different ways of looking at the world, which help bring meaning and order to the life around and within us,” explains Mika. One of those rules is the rule of beauty. Because it is even in sadness. Even in pain. There is beauty even in death. "

This quest is inspired by the death of his mother, died of cancer two months ago after also catching COVID-19 and surviving it. It was his mother who helped him find his voice and built him, he recalls, and everything he does in this "beauty line" will always be dedicated to her. "I'm not ashamed to say it," confesses Mika quietly, who believes the concept "gives him courage."

“This idea helps with survival and creativity, and staying creative will be important in the next phase of my life as I approach my forties. "

VALUE

This past year has also given the singer-songwriter an opportunity to reflect on his role as an artist. He who often felt “perplexed” and “out of context” when comparing his music to that of the urban scene, such as rap and R&B, claims to have realized during the crisis that it was in fact his “greatest value".

"I thought to myself, it's OK, I'm fine,  I can still work, both with great moments of commercial success and more low-key moments. And that is a strength, not a weakness. I hope this helps me even more, to be even stronger in my creative response. "

While he has started writing again for an upcoming album and has taken a liking to happenings and one-off events, Mika cultivates no regrets about his canceled tour.

"The frustration is the past already. And then, it is interestion this interruption. There is a bit of an oriental side to it. A little Inshallah. Who knows, you see? "

- Mika

What is certain, however, is that even though 2020 has been terrible and "stifling," he preaches the duty to remember: forgetting would be a huge mistake, he believes.

“It would be insulting to the people who have suffered the most. If you didn't have money, didn't get the proper government support, if you would died without your family, if you lost someone without saying goodbye ... and we wipe you out? Or, on the contrary, we underline, we honor the suffering that has been experienced, and we at least change something. Yes, there are things I would like to forget. But not 2020. "

Edited by Anna Ko Kolkowska
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

7 Jours

28 Mai 2021

In this article of the interview with Patrice Bélanger (  Presenter of Rythme 105.7  / TVA presenter), he mentions Mika.

Quand tu repenses à tes six ans à Sucré salé, est-ce qu’il y a des moments particuliers ou magiques qui te viennent en tête?

Je dirais que les jasettes avec les artistes internationaux sont toujours marquantes parce que, bien que j’essaie de les aborder comme toutes les autres, en réalité, elles ne sont vraiment pas comme toutes les autres. Les Céline Dion, Mika, Jason Mraz, Keanu Reeves et bien d’autres amènent donc leur lot de pression, mais leurs entrevues ont toutes donné, heureusement, de bons moments de télé.

When you think back to your sixth birthday in Sucré salé, are there any special or magical moments that come to mind?

I would say that the chats with international artists are always striking because, although I try to approach them like everyone else, in reality, they are really not like all the others. Celine Dion, Mika, Jason Mraz, Keanu Reeves and many others therefore bring their share of pressure, but their interviews all gave, thankfully, good TV moments.

2021-05-28_7_Jours_p_24.thumb.jpg.d8bed27ca4fbb33764c9b19587f4d119.jpg

Mika at Sucré salé in 2020

A private gig in 2015

• Like 1

Le Quotidien / Le Soreil

22 May 2021

LA LISTE
Cinq hommages à des artistes... en chanson!

1 DAFT PUNK IS PLAYING AT MY HOUSE (2005), LCD SOUNDSYSTEM

James Murphy de LCD Soundsystem a fait un sympathique clin d’oeil à ses confrères français en imaginant que le duo électro aux casques de robots débarque dans un party de sous-sol. Ça se traduit jusque dans le vidéoclip truffé de références visuelles à l’univers de Daft Punk. GENEVIÈVE BOUCHARD

2 AVE CESARIA (2013), STROMAE

Gravé sur son très acclamé album Racine carrée, cet hommage rendu par Stromae à la chanteuse cap-verdienne Cesária Évora touche par sa sensibilité. Le musicien belge y souligne la résilience de la «diva aux pieds nus» en même temps que le magnétisme de sa voix et son legs musical. GENEVIÈVE BOUCHARD

3 LAST PARTY (2015), MIKA

Lorsqu’il a appris qu’il souffrait du sida, Freddie Mercury a décidé de faire la fête et de profiter de la vie… jusqu’à la toute fin! Avec la douce mélodie mélancolique de Last Party, Mika souligne le destin tragique de ce grand artiste décédé à l’âge de 45 ans. LÉA HARVEY

4 MEG WHITE (2008), RAY LAMONTAGNE

Le chanteur torturé a trouvé une source d’apaisement dans cette chanson d’un romantisme fou, directement adressée à la moitié féminine des White Stripes. Des compliments, mais surtout une sérénade qui évoque de longues randonnées à vélo jusqu’à l’océan. ÉRIC MOREAULT

5 SONG TO BOBBY (2008), CAT POWER

Chan Marshall n’est pas la seule à offrir son respect à Bob Dylan, mais la chanson évoque son béguin à «15, 16 ans» qui s’est transformé en espoir que le barde devienne «son homme» ! ÉRIC MOREAULT

2048461083_LeQuotidien22May2021.jpg.3cd22d57398d3a57c40fc8c090508d9b.jpg

• Like 2

• 11 months later...
21 hours ago, Kumazzz said:

iHeart Radio

96.6 FM Rouge

Dernière heure: MIKA au Saguenay le 11 avril 2022 ! (iheartradio.ca)

14 December 2021

Dernière heure: MIKA au Saguenay le 11 avril 2022 !

MP3 :arrow: 

1581655596_2021_12.14_iheartradio.ca_Dernireheure_MIKAauSaguenayle11avril2022.thumb.jpg.043021f48401b376d7b4d6ca2be28d94.jpg

What's this? It's no Mika interview. Did a fan win tickets or something? :dunno:

1 hour ago, mellody said:

What's this? It's no Mika interview. Did a fan win tickets or something? :dunno:

It's an old advertising for the concert.

The woman who is speaking seems to be the one who organised the concert and tried to have mika for a while

Edited by carafon
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Métro Montréal

https://journalmetro.com/culture/2816931/passage-quebec-mika-rapprocher-musique/

4 May 2022

De passage au Québec, Mika veut nous rapprocher par la musique

Mika a passé la semaine au Québec, pour offrir des spectacles à Montréal (lundi), à Québec (mercredi) et à Saguenay (jeudi) dans le cadre de sa tournée For The Rite of Spring. «C’était dé-ment», s’est-il emballé en entrevue avec Métro, au lendemain de son passage au Centre Bell. Discussion à bâtons rompus sur la musique, la diversité et l’empathie, des thèmes chers à l’idole internationale.

Mika, tu viens souvent rendre visite aux Québécois.es, tu as participé à Star Académie, à En direct de l’univers… Qu’apprécies-tu chez nous?

«Je trouve ici une chaleur humaine, une générosité d’esprit qui me plaît. Quand on se sent bien, on a envie de revenir. On me tend la main, je tends la main, on se retrouve. Le lien que j’ai avec le Québec et le Canada est différent de celui que j’ai avec les États-Unis ou la France. Ce sont des émotions différentes. Je me suis fait une promesse, dans ma carrière: que j’allais investir et travailler chaque territoire d’une manière différente. Je réalise que ce rapport distinctif est un peu le secret de ma carrière après 17 ans. Et je m’amuse!»

Tu as toujours prôné diversité et inclusion dans ton œuvre. Tes actuels spectacles sont la continuité de ta collaboration avec Indeed et de ta tournée de l’an dernier, la Soundtrack of Empathy, qui s’inscrivait dans le cadre du Pride Month. Pourquoi cet investissement te tient-il à cœur?

«Indeed a compris que la musique est une manière de provoquer l’empathie, d’exprimer des choses difficiles à formuler avec des mots. Juste en choisissant quelques titres pour exprimer qui on est, on peut dire énormément sur nous-mêmes. On continue avec des tournées, pour pouvoir continuer le dialogue, et développer cette idée qu’on peut être plus tolérants et transparents en utilisant la musique. En ce moment, je trouve que c’est un très beau message.»

Pourquoi spécialement en ce moment?

«On s’est éloignés un peu, les uns des autres. La musique aide à baisser les armures entre nous tous. J’ai vu hier [lundi, au Centre Bell, NDLR] un public très joyeux, généreux. C’est incroyable, quand même, quand on pense à ce qui s’est passé depuis deux ans.»

Considères-tu que ton public est très ouvert à la diversité?

«J’aime bien le penser. Évidemment, je ne peux pas parler pour mon public. Mais j’aime bien penser qu’on se retrouve avec une énergie, une ouverture et une générosité d’esprit, une tolérance qui sont très importantes. J’aime penser que mon public en est un tolérant.»

Et toi, estimes-tu être un artiste très engagé?

«Je trouve qu’il est important de parler des choses qui nous tiennent à cœur, de défendre ce qu’on pense. Je ne pense pas que les artistes doivent être silencieux. Par contre, il ne faut pas tomber dans une rhétorique politique. Il faut toujours rester au service de l’émotion, et raconter des histoires pour pouvoir promouvoir la tolérance et l’émotion. On a perdu ce côté, celui de l’artiste engagé. Quand on pense aux années 60 ou 70, l’importance de l’artiste engagé était immense.»

Mika poursuivra sa tournée For The Rite of Spring en Europe dans les prochaines semaines. L’artiste travaille également à un nouvel album, dont il garde la date de sortie encore secrète. Pour plus d’informations sur ses activités, on consulte son site Web (mikasounds.com).

:uk: Google translator

Spoiler

Passing through Quebec, Mika wants to bring us closer through music

Mika spent the week in Quebec, performing in Montreal (Monday), Quebec City (Wednesday) and Saguenay (Thursday) as part of his For The Rite of Spring tour. "It was insane," he said in an interview with Metro, the day after his visit to the Bell Center. A casual discussion on music, diversity and empathy, themes dear to the international idol.

Mika, you often come to visit Quebecers, you participated in Star Académie, in Direct from the universe… What do you like about us?

“I find here a human warmth, a generosity of spirit that pleases me. When you feel good, you want to come back. They reach out to me, I reach out, we meet again. The link I have with Quebec and Canada is different from the one I have with the United States or France. They are different emotions. I made myself a promise, in my career: that I was going to invest and work each territory in a different way. I realize that this distinctive relationship is somewhat the secret of my career after 17 years. And I'm having fun!"

You have always advocated diversity and inclusion in your work. Your current shows are a continuation of your collaboration with Indeed and your tour last year, the Soundtrack of Empathy, which was part of Pride Month. Why is this investment important to you?

“Indeed understood that music is a way to create empathy, to express things that are difficult to put into words. Just by choosing a few titles to express who we are, we can say a lot about ourselves. We continue with tours, to be able to continue the dialogue, and to develop this idea that we can be more tolerant and transparent by using music. At the moment, I think it's a very beautiful message."

Why especially at this time?

"We drifted apart a bit. Music helps to lower the armor between all of us. I saw yesterday [mondi, au Center Bell, NDLR] a very happy, generous audience. It's incredible, though, when you think about what's happened over the past two years."

Do you consider that your audience is very open to diversity?

"I like to think so. Obviously, I can't speak for my audience. But I like to think that we end up with an energy, an openness and a generosity of spirit, a tolerance that are very important. I like to think my audience is a tolerant one.”

And you, do you consider yourself to be a very committed artist?

“I find it important to talk about the things that are important to us, to defend what we think. I don't think artists should be silent. On the other hand, we must not fall into political rhetoric. We must always remain at the service of emotion, and tell stories to be able to promote tolerance and emotion. We have lost this side, that of the committed artist. When you think of the 60s or 70s, the importance of the committed artist was immense.”

Mika will continue his For The Rite of Spring tour in Europe in the coming weeks. The artist is also working on a new album, the release date of which he still keeps secret. For more information on his activities, see his website (mikasounds.com).

008_Mika_Credit-Bertrand-Exertier.thumb.png.0eae98637880871dfc105243055c5c94.png

FRhHQbIaAAEiF1O.thumb.png.55a29ab47472e92b9dd273b2c9ff06e8.png

FR6LtAtagAA46-i.thumb.png.e67006a07b678f05795e030905a89929.png

• Like 1