2024 - MIKA @ Printemps de Bourges Festival, Bourges, France, 24 April REPORTS / VIDS / PICS

Kumazzz

𝙁𝙞𝙧𝙨𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙫𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙤𝙣 !

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Thanks 1

Bougez, with the wings! (by Fanny via mikafanclubtoo)

Haha, looks like he really wants to try out today how much the wings can take. :naughty: I wonder if that's because they fixed them so they won't break that easily, or if it's the last time he uses them, because the next festivals are 2 months away, so he might plan a different show for those. :dunno_grin: Anyway, great energy! :wub2:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

PRESS

Franceinfo

france3-regions.francetvinfo.fr

Mika sur scène au Printemps de Bourges 2024 : je vous débriefe ma soirée... extraordinaire

Le chanteur-compositeur et musicien Mika s'est produit sur la scène du W ce mercredi 24 avril. Ambiance, morceaux, scénographie, voici ce que j'en ai pensé

Mercredi 24 avril marquait le coup d'envoi des concerts au Printemps de Bourges 2024 avec, au programme, le chanteur franco-britannique sur scène du W dès 22h30. Étant moi-même adepte des créations de l'artiste, j'attendais beaucoup de cette soirée.

À l'image de son extravagance et de sa personnalité haute en couleurs, j'espérais du concert qu'il reprenne les titres qui l'ont fait connaître. Connu pour sa proximité avec le public et pour sa scénographique hors pair lors de ses représentations, j'en attendais beaucoup pour cette soirée de festival... et je n'ai pas été déçue !

Titres joués, décors ou costumes, tout était remarquable sauf peut-être certaines notes aiguës que l'artiste n'a pas su atteindre. Sûrement dû à sa tournée et au froid à Bourges, sa voix n'était pas toujours au rendez-vous. Heureusement, la musique de fond préenregistrée était d'une aide précieuse.

Les billets qui se sont vendus à une vitesse folle. J'espérais donc que le public soit au rendez-vous. Avec des chansons aussi récentes qu'anciennes, Mika a su embarquer le public dans son univers. La salle était pleine et le public impatient de voir monter sur scène le chanteur. "Mika Mika Mika", chantaient les premiers rangs, exaltés.  

J'ai trouvé la scénographie particulièrement bien recherchée. Avec une arrivée sur scène dans une cage d'oiseau, le décor évoluait au fil des chansons. Connu pour ses costumes faits main hauts en couleur, Mika a porté cinq tenues différentes tout au long du concert. Ses musiciens ont eux aussi eu droit a un dress code : des costumes rose bonbon. Mika a donné à son équipe une place importante. Elle faisait partie intégrante du show.

Vers la fin du concert, l'artiste est descendu dans la fosse pour se rapprocher de son public. Il en a profité pour interagir avec les fans et donner quelques anecdotes sur ses chansons. De quoi ravir la fosse arrière qui a pu approcher l'artiste malgré l'éloignement avec la scène.

Comme attendu, l'artiste a bien sûr repris les titres qui l'ont fait connaître comme Lollipop ou Relax mais également des titres plus récents comme C'est la vie, sorti en 2023. Il a fini son concert en beauté en reprenant les tubes planétaires de son premier album Life in Cartoon Motion, tels que Happy Ending ou encore Love today.

Avec une diversité de titres, toutes générations confondues ont trouvé leur compte. Qu'elles soient connues ou avec un nombre d'auditeurs plus réduit, la foule connaissait toutes les paroles et n'hésitait pas à chanter.

Accompagnés de pancartes ou de costumes colorés spécialement créés pour l'occasion, les fans de l'artiste sont bien présents et ne passent pas inaperçus. Souvent par groupes d'amis, ils sont venus nombreux pour soutenir Mika au Printemps.

Ce qui plaît surtout aux fans du chanteur, c'est sa personnalité. En plus de son univers musical unique, c'est son côté humain et bienveillant qui fait chavirer le cœur du public.

Il mériterait d'être élu personnalité préférée des Français

Cette proximité tant aimée par les fans s'est une fois de plus ressentie lors du Printemps de Bourges. Lancé de nœud papillon dans le public, interactions... l'artiste a même fait monter sur scène deux admiratrices qui avaient confectionné pour l'occasion un des célèbres costumes que le chanteur portait lors de sa représentation. Sans trop de surprises, l'ambiance était à la hauteur de mes espérances.

:uk:google translator

Mika on stage at Printemps de Bourges 2024: I will debrief you my evening... extraordinary

Singer-songwriter and musician Mika performed on stage at the W this Wednesday, April 24. Atmosphere, songs, scenography, here is what I thought of it

Wednesday April 24 marked the start of the concerts at Printemps de Bourges 2024 with, on the program, the Franco-British singer on stage at the W from 10:30 p.m. Being a fan of the artist's creations myself, I expected a lot from this evening.

Like his extravagance and his colorful personality, I hoped from the concert that he would cover the titles that made him known. Known for his proximity to the public and for his outstanding scenography during his performances, I had high expectations for this festival evening... and I was not disappointed!

Titles played, sets or costumes, everything was remarkable except perhaps certain high notes that the artist was unable to reach. Probably due to his tour and the cold in Bourges, his voice was not always there. Fortunately, the pre-recorded background music was a huge help.

The tickets which sold at crazy speed. So I hoped that the public would be there. With songs as recent as they are old, Mika was able to take the audience into his world. The room was full and the audience was impatient to see the singer take the stage. “Mika Mika Mika,” sang the front rows, exhilarated.

I found the scenography particularly well researched. Arriving on stage in a bird cage, the decor evolved throughout the songs. Known for his colorful handmade costumes, Mika wore five different outfits throughout the concert. Its musicians were also entitled to a dress code: candy pink costumes. Mika gave his team an important place. She was an integral part of the show.

Towards the end of the concert, the artist went down into the pit to get closer to his audience. He took the opportunity to interact with fans and give some anecdotes about his songs. Enough to delight the rear audience who were able to approach the artist despite the distance from the stage.

As expected, the artist of course covered the titles that made him known such as Lollipop or Relax but also more recent titles like C'est la vie, released in 2023. He finished his concert in style by covering the hits worldwide hits from his first album Life in Cartoon Motion, such as Happy Ending and Love today.

With a diversity of titles, all generations have found something to suit them. Whether they were well-known or with a smaller number of listeners, the crowd knew all the words and didn't hesitate to sing along.

Accompanied by signs or colorful costumes specially created for the occasion, the artist's fans are present and do not go unnoticed. Often in groups of friends, they came in large numbers to support Mika at Spring.

What especially pleases the singer's fans is his personality. In addition to his unique musical universe, it is his human and caring side that capsizes the hearts of the public.

He deserves to be elected favorite personality of the French

This closeness so loved by fans was once again felt during the Printemps de Bourges. Bow tie throwing in the audience, interactions... the artist even brought on stage two admirers who had made one of the famous costumes that the singer wore during his performance for the occasion. Without too many surprises, the atmosphere lived up to my expectations.

whatsapp-image-2024-04-25-at-11-19-22-662a203fbf3f0491551814.thumb.jpeg.201dd865005b450fe8a0bc09853d750b.jpeg

whatsapp-image-2024-04-25-at-10-56-07-662a1b7a40c4f365870363.thumb.webp.f83deff5deb9e6fe93f21930853152e4.webp

Edited by Kumazzz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Kumazzz said:

TikTok

France 3 Centre-Val de Loire

I adored all the pictures and videos I have seen of these fans all dressed up! Also the video where they are dancing on stage with Mika as triplets, that was amazing to watch!!

• Like 5

He threw his bowtie in the crowd:

He might have a few of those, but it makes me wonder again whether the shows from June on will be completely different from this tour. I don't understand what he's saying - something about sweating I think?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mellody said:

I don't understand what he's saying - something about sweating I think?

Yes, he said: "the sun (I think), the heat, the sweat... it's time for another bowtie!" 

• Thanks 3