Pictures: concert at the Roxy: January 2007

River

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey River :) i love your name btw.... used to b a huge river phoenix fan ;)

is ROXY a cool place?

it has shows all the time? what its like? i wanna now for when i move to LA :)

its on sunset BLVD?

:)

great pics :)

Found these new video clips on youtube... Haven't seen them mentioned here.

From THE ROXY, LA, 23 January 2007

LA SHOWCASE

- Over My Shoulder

- Short clip of Billy Brown

- Short clip - Big Girls

- Short clip - Big Girls ?

And

POPSTARZ, Scala, London - 26 January 2007

Grace Kelly at Popstarz

CW.

• 2 years later...
Found these new video clips on youtube... Haven't seen them mentioned here.

From THE ROXY, LA, 23 January 2007

LA SHOWCASE

- Over My Shoulder

- Short clip of Billy Brown

- Short clip - Big Girls

- Short clip - Big Girls ?

And

POPSTARZ, Scala, London - 26 January 2007

Grace Kelly at Popstarz

CW.

Ok, so I thought it fit to fish out this old thread now, to compare the old vids from 2007 with the latest ones.

Only 2 years have gone by, but boy what a different performer he has become :shocked:!!! I am shellshocked at how he seems to have "matured" since.

Wow.

And here are a couple of other short vids, also from the same gig/showcase at The Roxy in January 2007:

Incidentally, this is the gig that Mika mentions in my Love Today video, when he says that the first time he played the Roxy it was a corporate showcase, but today it isn't corporate, which is why he wanted to play the same place again.

This is when he explains it (03:22) and says that he has a request: "I'd like to see the f00cking Roxy jumping up and down! When you're ready"

I've really enjoyed watching these!

Ok, so I thought it fit to fish out this old thread now, to compare the old vids from 2007 with the latest ones.

Only 2 years have gone by, but boy what a different performer he has become :shocked:!!! I am shellshocked at how he seems to have "matured" since.

Oh WOW! :shocked:

It's funny, his stage demeanor has changed soo much since then, eh? But in some ways, he's still exactly the same performer. Wow.

I remember watching these old showcase videos like a year ago, after he'd just finished the Dodgy Holiday Tour, and daydreaming about how great it would've been to be at one of these early shows.

And then there was that secret gig at the Roxy, and it was like getting into a time machine. So unbelievably cool! :wub2:

Oh WOW! :shocked:

It's funny, his stage demeanor has changed soo much since then, eh? But in some ways, he's still exactly the same performer. Wow.

I remember watching these old showcase videos like a year ago, after he'd just finished the Dodgy Holiday Tour, and daydreaming about how great it would've been to be at one of these early shows.

And then there was that secret gig at the Roxy, and it was like getting into a time machine. So unbelievably cool! :wub2:

I know :wub2:- That's why I find these so fascinating!

Wow, what a trip.

Part of me is still nostalgic though. Small venue or not you can never really go back to early 2007.

I do actually love his later performances and being a real fan instead of the curious onlooker I was at the time. But I still miss those days, just...because.

This is when he explains it (03:22) and says that he has a request: "I'd like to see the f00cking Roxy jumping up and down! When you're ready"

"i'd like to see the f@#king Roxy jumping up and down!" thats one of the best moments on the new vids:wub2:

you realise how different the audience is this time compared to the crowd that was at the Roxy two years ago... it wasnt just a corporate event and the venue was filled with real fans who were celebrating one of the most beautiful intimate gigs ever!

thanks for bumping this old thread sara:thumb_yello: reading it and watching the old vids somehow makes you appreciate the secret gig even more:wub2:

"i'd like to see the f@#king Roxy jumping up and down!" thats one of the best moments on the new vids:wub2:

you realise how different the audience is this time compared to the crowd that was at the Roxy two years ago... it wasnt just a corporate event and the venue was filled with real fans who were celebrating one of the most beautiful intimate gigs ever!

thanks for bumping this old thread sara:thumb_yello: reading it and watching the old vids somehow makes you appreciate the secret gig even more:wub2:

I think he said "I'd like to see the f'ing lot of you jumping up and down" (not that it matters)

thanks for bumping this old thread sara:thumb_yello: reading it and watching the old vids somehow makes you appreciate the secret gig even more

Yes, thanks, that is the same way that I feel about it :wub2:

I think he said "I'd like to see the f'ing lot of you jumping up and down" (not that it matters)

I actually listened to the video a few times before I posted it and I'm quite sure that he says "the fooking Roxy" :naughty:.

I actually listened to the video a few times before I posted it and I'm quite sure that he says "the fooking Roxy" :naughty:.

Listened again - you're right! For some reason I liked it better when I thought he was saying "the fooking lot of you". Don't know why! Just sounded funnier.

Need to get my hearing checked... I tend to just make up what I want to hear sometimes. Kind of like how I liked HMDYLM that much more when I thought he was singing "I love you, I love you alot". :naughty: