Does anyone else feel a bit disloyal to Freddie?

Mika Mad

I'm just curious to know whether any other Queen fans out there feel a bit guilty about loving Mika so much?

I have loved Freddie Mercury since I first watched the Bohemian Rhapsody video as a child in the 70s, but I never thought that anyone could match him.

I was listening to some older Queen records (yes, vinyl!) tonight and I actually felt really guilty about my Mika obsession!

I'm trying to console myself with a quote that I read from someone else on this board who said that "Freddie would be proud"

(he would also probably be gutted that Mika is so much better looking than him!)

:naughty:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No I don't feel guilty at all! Mika and Freddie are two completely different artists despite the comparisons in my opinion, and I love them both. Mika does has similiarities to Freddie, but I think Mika has made himself his own. So no I don't feel like Freddie fans should feel quilty about liking Mika so much, and like you say in your post I think Freddie would be proud of and admire him for the talent Mika truly is. :thumb_yello:

yeah im a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge queen fan and now im a mika fan too but its not anything about feeling guilty because while i see comparisons and stuff i dont think of them as the same at all i think they are very very different so its like... yeah idk im proud to be a queen and a mika fan but i dont think about them the same at all.

love them both!

:mf_lustslow:

I'm just curious to know whether any other Queen fans out there feel a bit guilty about loving Mika so much?

I have loved Freddie Mercury since I first watched the Bohemian Rhapsody video as a child in the 70s, but I never thought that anyone could match him.

I was listening to some older Queen records (yes, vinyl!) tonight and I actually felt really guilty about my Mika obsession!

I'm trying to console myself with a quote that I read from someone else on this board who said that "Freddie would be proud"

(he would also probably be gutted that Mika is so much better looking than him!)

:naughty:

I had the same thought...I thought that lovin' so much Mika, I was betraing Freddie...but thinkin' better on that, i've arrived to the point. No, I don't have to feel guilty about lovin' so much Mika, because he is not Freddie, he is a new singer, and I like him very much...I should be honest...Mika won't replace Freddie in my heart...he will "live" with him..(I don't know how to express that in english...:blush-anim-cl: )...and I have to say that I love so much Mika because I love Freddie...

I couldn't follow Freddie, i'm only 20 years old, and when he died i was only 5 years old, so I'm a "posthumous" fan....I couldn't live the Freddie phenomenous...but know with Mika I can, and I don't want to waste this chance...:D...and so I want to live him completly, and without regrets!:D

Well...I'm a HUGE Queen fan, since I was a child, and I don't fee guilty at all...Freddie will never be replaced! He's unique! :wub2:

Freddie would like to see someone like Mika following his steps, becoming a successful performer, composer and singer! Not because he's his fan or anything, but because he's young and very talented, like Freddie was in the beginning of his career! Probably he would "see" himself in Mika, because of his extravagant and unusual style, who knows? :wink2:

Yep I agree , Im a massive queen fan too , Freddie is unique and although Mika is being compared to him I do think hes an individual.Freddie can never be replaced Im afraid .. well for me anyways , its a massive compliment to Mika to even be compared to him , I cant think of an artists that has got this much interest as "the new freddie"

RIP Fred , we love ya ! :thumb_yello:

Freddie Mercury will always be THE No.1 Rock God, and I'm sure in time Mika will be the Crown Prince of pop (watch your back Mr Williams). They both have their own uniqueness in what they do, so I don't feel disloyal to Freddie, he will always be the King of Queen to me.:king:

I've never felt guilty as a huge Queen fan for loving Mika...I was just about to give up hope of finding an artist or band that had the potential to one day lay claim to Queen's crown, when I found Mika. On the contrary to feeling guilty, I feel like he's an artist that Freddie would be glad to see doing well...he's talented, theatrical, and just a teeny bit campy (but in the best possible way! :original:) and I think that those are qualities that Freddie quite liked... and we can see from Brian May's interest in Mika that he sure isn't guilty about liking Mika.

There is no way I feel disloyal to Mr Bulsara, many performers have been liken'd to him, it is predominately the media that try to associate peoples styles or vocal abilities to the great man. Mika is a flamboyant individual, yes that is a similarity but is also a requirement to be a great performer. Many people are influanced by other artists, thats the way the music business works. Mika does not copy or try to imitate he is an individual artist in his own right.

There is no way anyone should feel disloyal, if you do then think of the other artists out there that are very similar, if you are a green day fan and listen to my chemical romance are you disloyal to green day???

Queen are Queen:band:, Freddie was Freddie:harp: and Mika is Mika :thumb_yello:

PS Freddie passed away on my wedding aniv and i still pop by logan place each year on that date :emot-sad:

as a loyal queen fan for many years, i felt a bit guilty about something but it wasn't listening to the new freddie mercury, it was walking by the new queen album with your man rogers as the lead singer.

I have bought every queen album, vinyl, cassette, mini disc and cd, this is the only album i have never bought. now if mika was to line out with queen....wow, i am sure the sales of that cd would be massive.

Mika, you are a little legend (as some people say in these parts), never stop been yourself, get inspiration from who ever it takes for you keep in this shark infested industry.

also my wife and i cant wait to see you in spirit in dublin in march, i am looking forward to your concert more than i did robbie williams when he played dublin in the summer, i am a huge fan of his but i feel his music has gone very stale.

so to answer the question on the first post, i dont feel guilty about liking mikas music, i am delighted that for once i can listen to a new artist and think its like listening to queen again, (with Freddie of course). ramble over. eric.

I've spent my adolescence with one great love:the Queen. I've to confess that the first time I listened "Grace Kelly" I thought:"Oh my God! In some parts he seems Freddie"; but, listenin' and re-listening his song and the samplers on "mikasounds", I've recognize peculiarities of Mika's style: a unique, matchless syncretism that impresses -personally- like Mozart: it makes me in good cheer and renders my be alive more effervescent and colourful (a kind of magic... :P). A great new star :)

Freddie is another star, the giant star who'll shine forever in the sky of my heart. So,I don't fell neither a bit guilty :)

White Queen has summed it up beautifully for me:

"...Mika won't replace Freddie in my heart...he will "live" with him.."

I do love them both, in different ways.

Thank you, White Queen.

Thank you!!!!:blush-anim-cl: that's something that I really feel...and as you've written, I'm not the only one...:thumb_yello:

I love Freddie, and love MIka!!!!!!!

I think Mika sounds like Roger Taylor of Queen on the breathy line "I try to be like Grace Kelly".

His hair could be classic Beethoven.

CW.

I've to confess that the first time I listened "Grace Kelly" I thought:"Oh my God! In some parts he seems Freddie"; but, listenin' and re-listening his song and the samplers on "mikasounds", I've recognize peculiarities of Mika's style: a unique, matchless syncretism that impresses -personally- like Mozart

i love queen! and i thought the same...i got mika's new album yesterday when it came out and there is a song called big girl you are beautiful and listening to it it seems an awful lot like fat bottomed girls!! i know he gets his insperation from freddie but the songs almost exactly the same...its still amazing the..its more up to date..like a new version!