We Love Brian May

FREDDIESDOUBLE

All you lovely people read the Queen online website , Brian May is getting well stuck in to some ar78hole "music experts" , I read the same article, the guy gave the album 1 out of 5 , I mean I could understand if it was Samantha Foxs greatest hits (have that album somewhere ... sadly) , but how can anyone with a musical ear say that???

http://www.brianmay.com/whatsnew.html

Brain .... your a total star , not only that but everyone here is not only on Mikas side but reading that it just seems some people are out to get him , then again look how many slated Freddie and Queen!

Thanks for the support

:thumb_yello:

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sending out lot's of love to Brian, this is someone who has seen and done things these "writers" could only dream about.

It's good to know Mika has someone of Brian's standing on his side.:thumb_yello:

Yes!...I saw this earlier today on the Queen forums...Brian May knows what he's talking about, seeing as he's been in the music industry for a very long time, and has faced his share of nastiness (from people like that guy that gave Mika 1 out of 5 stars) when he was with Queen in their early days, as I remember reading that many labeled the band as garbage...but look what they became, one of the greatest ever! So lets hope that the same happens for Mika!

What a lovely chap BM is. I have been a fan of Queen and Co. for yonks now and to read how much Brian is sticking his neck out for Mika is commendable. Mika is a Freddie in the making (although, he should start wearing more lycra)

Hats off to you Sir Brian. I salute you x:thumb_yello:

Yes!...I saw this earlier today on the Queen forums...Brian May knows what he's talking about, seeing as he's been in the music industry for a very long time, and has faced his share of nastiness (from people like that guy that gave Mika 1 out of 5 stars) when he was with Queen in their early days, as I remember reading that many labeled the band as garbage...but look what they became, one of the greatest ever! So lets hope that the same happens for Mika!

Bohemian Rhapsody

By Peter Ross

Through a mutual friend he met Jodi Marr. "He played me some songs," she recalls, "and on the fourth song I said, Oh my God, you're Freddie Mercury!' And he said No one's ever said that before! I love Freddie Mercury!'

I just read this text and I thought that everybody should read it.

Bravo!

CW

----

1170771719486_0.7551664875036831.jpg

ITV.COM

Furious Queen Star Defends Mika

Tue 6 Feb 07

Queen guitarist Brian May was so horrified when he read a bad review of chart-topped Mika's debut album, he has branded the writer “a w**ker” on his official website.

The veteran rocker feels a strong affinity to the young star, who has frequently been compared vocally to late Queen icon Freddie Mercury.

And when Brian read a scathing review of Life in Cartoon Motion, written by the Guardian's Alexis Petridis, he decided to vent his spleen.

"Good lord, what a w**ker,” he writes. “I have a picture of Petridis. He looks like a nasty, grubby, spotty, unusually ignorant 15-year-old creep, writing a facile attempted artistic assassination as if he's trying to prove he has teeth in a sixth-form magazine."

Mika, who clearly has friends in the right places, (if not in the journalistic profession) is currently at number one with his single, Grace Kelly.

---

STARPULSE

Brian Defends Mika

Tue 6 Feb 07

Queen guitarist Brian May has leaped to the defense of Mika, after reading a scathing review of the British pop sensation's debut album.

May was stunned to see the quirky singer's debut album Life In Cartoon Motion receive a one star rating in a British newspaper, and quickly launched a blistering verbal attack on the reviewer, Alexis Petridis.

May fumes, "Good lord, what a w**ker. I have a picture of Petridis... he looks like a nasty, grubby, spotty, unusually ignorant 15-year-old creep... writing a facile attempted artistic assassination as it he's trying to prove he has teeth in a sixth-form magazine."

Mika's debut single Grace Kelly is currently topping the UK singles chart for the third week running.

(This news article provided by World Entertainment News Network)

----

Go Sir Brian!

Ive had the extraordinary pleasure of meeting Brian a couple of times now, and one thing that he does NOT like (apart from light pollution - he's a professional astronomer), is unwarranted or misdirected criticism.

Long Live Queen + Mika ;)

**Mon 05 Feb 07**

ANOTHER NASTY PIECE OF WORK

Good God ! Another nasty piece of work in Drowned In Sound. What is it about journalism which attracts the filthiest scum of the Earth ? What decent person could write something so despicably and nonsensically insulting as calling someone a 'diseased Leo Sayer"? I don't even want to get into the rest of this manifestly stupid article. This young guy Mika is just starting out, and has, by his own talent and hard work, already caused a splash. Why do these pitiful writers feel the need to try to vilify him, and bring him down? By all means criticise the music, if you really think you know better than he does. But these personal insults tell us nothing about anyone, except the diseased, jealous brain of the writer. I wonder what YOU look like, Gareth Dobson, you fabulous intellectual giant, you. You'd better be good looking, writing garbage like this. Even if you were, you would still be worthy of nothing but our contempt. Take my advice. Get a proper job. Make something of your own that gives pleasure to people; have the courage to put YOUR creativity on the line - and see what treatment YOU get from the 'critics' of the world. Meanwhile ... shame on you.

Cheers

Brian

that's even better!!!!!!!!!!!!!:punk:

Brian is totally fab. The thing about musicians like Queen and Mika is that they are so very intelligent and adore music. It is no accident that fantastic people like this become stars and are worshipped by many, they actually are wonderful and interesting people. I have been a Queen lover for years and year and years...Have seen Brian (and met him!!) and Roger many times in concert and tribute gig for fred at wembely and we will rock you. It is all so fab and I am so very grateful that MIKA had come along to fill our livies with happiness and love.:mf_lustslow::wink2:

• 2 weeks later...

I think Brian is a legend!

I had written to him several times to persuade him to post more about the meeting with Mika, today he had, could be just a co-incident, but it could also be because he wanted to get rid of my persistent nagging, who knows, who cares..