2007 - Maida Vale Perfomance & Interview on BBC

Big Girl

Sadly, I have been there and have already watched it twice this morning.

It's got to stop!

I really haven't been affected this much by music for years, it just makes me feel happy, even the sadder ones.

Doesn't hurt that is pleasing on the eye either!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

babspanky, you said in an earlier post that if you were younger you would get to every gig but now, sadly, you can't. Does that mean you aren't getting to any gigs? I hope not, I hope you are able to do at least one, if not more.

All local ones are all sold out now!

I have been reading this site for a couple of weeks now, but have only just joined, so I will now be looking out for gig info and think I will try to get to at least one in the future! Everyone seems really friendly, so it would be nice to meet some of you.

I just feel like I did when I was a teenager, blimey I could be his mother, doesn't seem right somehow. :blush-anim-cl:

Age is all in the mind!! (and the back, and the sore feet :wink2: ). I am 45, been going to gigs since I was 13 ... never imagined I'd still be going to gigs now but to be honest, when I was a teenager I couldn't even imagine being in my 30s, it seemed so far away. I just carried on going to see bands all through my life, started taking my little boy when he was old enough to go (he's 22 now and likes completely different stuff from me). Sometimes, even my husband comes along to see what all the fuss is about LOL.

But I'm still here, still going strong!! :blush-anim-cl: My view on it, is we're only here once so make the most of it.

We're definitely on the same wavelength ( and age)! then angelic.

I used to go to loads of gigs both big name and stuff in pubs and clubs probably from the age of about 15 to about 25, then kind of grew up ( I am using this term very loosely - I think it was a mortgage/money thing mostly!)

I have been feeling a bit down lately, and this stuff has just grabbed me from the moment I heard Grace Kelly, and before I heard anything else by Mika or before I saw him.

For me, it really has lifted me and I just want to keep that feeling going and be part of it.

He is gorgeous though, as well, which enhances the experience. :wub2:

^^^ Yes, looking so sweet doesn't harm him, does it?!

Hope you get to see him live anyway, babspanky. I originally joined the Scissor Sisters message board (in December 2004) just so I had someone else to talk to about the band ... since joining that board, I have met up with a lot of very lovely people to go to gigs with, both in this country and abroad, and I would not have imagined making such genuine friendships initially from a messageboard! We've had some great times, and even 3 years ago I would not have felt brave enough to meet up with strangers, :blush-anim-cl: no matter how friendly! Life constantly throws up surprises, doesn't it, and some of them have been very positive! :thumb_yello: I was always quite shy, through most of my life, and I wish I had felt as outgoing as I do now, when I was younger. Ah well: life has to be lived forwards, but can only be understood looking backwards, as they say :)

Tell me about it CW!

I have been between the computer and the telly all day.

I really need to do some housework and my accounting course.

I have reverted to my teens, neglecting my schoolwork for a pop star! Help! :shocked:

I love the bit on the highlights where Stuart Maconie says have you really only heard Grace Kelly twice on the radio, and Mika giggles and asks if he is sick of it already.

• 2 months later...
I'd like to hear the interview but it seems it's not available on Radio 2... won't someone help me? Thanks in advance! :wink2:

Did you try the link on page 3 of this thread? Look at Meimei88's post at the top of page 3 (of this thread). I hope that still works :original:

Thanks to CW and Meimei, but also to MMikey and Titania for bringing this thread to the top!

I originally taped this on video, but recently got a DVD recorder. I don't have enough space to keep both, so I thought I was doomed never to watch this again!

• 3 years later...

Wow Kumazz I was just looking at this one this morning and wondering if the downloads were available. Have you purchased these DVDs yourself? Do they send you a DVD or give you access to the electronic file?

Are you going to put them on YT? I have a channel with a lot of Mika videos and subscribers and will upload them if you don't want to do it yourself.

Thank you for the links :flowers2:

Wow Kumazz I was just looking at this one this morning and wondering if the downloads were available. Have you purchased these DVDs yourself? Do they send you a DVD or give you access to the electronic file?

Are you going to put them on YT? I have a channel with a lot of Mika videos and subscribers and will upload them if you don't want to do it yourself.

Christine, I have already uploaded these on myspace for a long time now. I also have the raw file of course.

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13931

Edited by babspanky

Thanks Bab. If it's the same as the BBC1 radio download then this file is better quality than the MySpace compression. I'm sure your raw file is just as good though.

BTW have you re-read this thread? :teehee:

I was having such an attack of nostalgia watching the BBC1 radio show this morning :crybaby:

Thanks Bab. If it's the same as the BBC1 radio download then this file is better quality than the MySpace compression. I'm sure your raw file is just as good though.

BTW have you re-read this thread? :teehee:

I was having such an attack of nostalgia watching the BBC1 radio show this morning :crybaby:

You're really fussy about your quality aren't you? I'm not that bothered unless it's really rubbish. Having said that though I don't watch a lot any more.

I bought this physical-DVD (but it's packaged like that picture) from that site.:wink2:It came from Italy.

ripped it in my PC, tried to edit (15min/vid) for YouTube, but I couldn't !! :dunno:... (sorry, I don't know why...)

I'm uploading to VIMEO now... will link it on this thread.