Mika is 'too big' for Take That

meimei88

The Sun - Bizarre

February 23, 2007

IT seems MIKA’s No1 single has gone to his head.

The Grace Kelly singer was lined up to support TAKE THAT on their European tour.

But his ego has inflated since he topped the charts and he has pulled the plug. Now the lads are struggling to sign support in time for their tour announcement next week.

A source told me: “Mika was considering the offer. But after his No1 he thought he could earn more headlining on his own. In the short term that may be true but Take That have such a huge following it would have given him the perfect platform to showcase his new album.

“The SUGABABES are one of the most successful UK bands yet they saw it as an honour to support Take That last time. They can’t do this one because they’re working on a new album. GIRLS ALOUD are doing the same.

“One thing is for sure, whoever signs up will join a spectaular show  Take That are putting everything into it.â€Â

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its just the sun saying he has got to big for his boots or whatever, I bet take that are behind him, they will understand how the industry works having been around for so long. I am sure there are zillions just waiting to support TT! Im not a fan of take that, though will humm along to their songs :wink2: I dont think it really matters.

I think if anyones getting to big for their boots its mark owen. At the brits, he was pulling some hilarious faces and he had always seemed so down to earth before, like on big brother and interviews around the time of that 2003 song he did..something about 54321.....blast off..i cant rem, does anyone know what song i mean!! lol

I already stated my opinion on this in some other thread :boxed: can't help on commenting on that thing about Mark Owen though, what the hell happened to him? :eek: I saw a Take That performance from when they were in Denmark a couple of weeks ago and he just looked so weird, completely overperforming and making some really wird moves, while the rest of them were just standing there calmly singing, it just looked so weird :roftl: Think that song of his was called Four minute warning wasn't it, kinda liked that one anyway :o

Tabloid papers couldn't write a trueful statement if they tried, There only means of getting readers is to make up stories supplied by a unknown source. Wait and see how long it takes before every so called reporter and critic try and bring Mika down, being talentless they cannot stand to see someone succeed. With his many talents I can see Mika having a very long and successful career. and I for one will be extremely happy as I'm sure most of us are.

I already stated my opinion on this in some other thread :boxed: can't help on commenting on that thing about Mark Owen though, what the hell happened to him? :eek: I saw a Take That performance from when they were in Denmark a couple of weeks ago and he just looked so weird, completely overperforming and making some really wird moves, while the rest of them were just standing there calmly singing, it just looked so weird :roftl: Think that song of his was called Four minute warning wasn't it, kinda liked that one anyway :o

:lmao: :lmao: Seriously, i hope he is not back on the old snorting snow stuff...At the Brit awards he was exactly as you say he was in Denmark. I was just cringing/laughing in my chair for/at him...I always thought he was fairly genuine, didnt want to laugh at him, but just couldnt help it.:naughty: Four minute warning, that was it, thanks Kata and it was fab!

:roftl: :roftl: I'd love to see that:D

Why should the artist at No.1 in the charts be a supporting act for those at No.5?

Mika is good enough to stand on his own and doesn't need to be supporting anyone!

i agree; it would be quite awkward if he did. it's not like the fame got to his head....it's just that if you're more popular than someone else at the moment, how can you be their supporting act??

:lmao: :lmao: Seriously, i hope he is not back on the old snorting snow stuff...At the Brit awards he was exactly as you say he was in Denmark. I was just cringing/laughing in my chair for/at him...I always thought he was fairly genuine, didnt want to laugh at him, but just couldnt help it.:naughty: Four minute warning, that was it, thanks Kata and it was fab!

Haha just watched the Brit awards performance, it is indeed exactly the same :lmao: It's really impossible not to laugh at it, that thing he does with his hand in the air and his whole body shaking at some point just looks so odd :shocked::roftl:

:lmfao::lmao: :lmao:

it was a really groovy song and at a time when we really needed one! But it just makes it all the sadder and funnier(horrible me)now. Seriously I really do hope he is okay, Mika will be finishing his set now, maybe...I wonder which lucky ones have been invited to the after show party...got to take notes to prepare for May :thumb_yello:

It was only a matter of time before the backlash was going to come, the tabloids love to build people up so they can tear them down, it's what they love to do, I could go on all night about reasons why I hate tabloids, and don't get me started on the paparazzi, GRRRR!

No doubt it was some "source" or "close friend" who told them this, yeah right!

Mika isn't stupid, I'm sure he went through the pro's and con's of doing a support with Take That, who no matter what we think are pretty hot right now as the comeback kings, they still after all this time have a solid fan base, and can still sell out large venues within an hour, and yes I know Mika can sell out a venue quite quickly, but he hasn't started in venues like Milton Keynes or The Millenium Stadium on his own yet, and considering the mixed reaction he is getting at the moment, maybe doing the support for Take That would have been a safe option.

It's probably best not to speculate until he tells his side of it, and we have to remember that although he had creative control of the music and recording side of things the record company will have some input in how things go, as they have invested in him, no doubt for the long term, but they can drop him as quickly if they don't get what they want from him (as All Saints have just discovered, not such a great comeback).

An interesting topic this as, Pink is supporting Justin Timberlake this year, both successful No1 selling artists, but also on the same record label, Justin did the same with Christina Aguilara on his Justfied tour. And another interesting fact is that the support act has to pay for the privilige of supporting the main act (a little titbit I picked up from an interview with the Flaming Lips), so maybe that was another factor in the equation, who knows!

He looked a bit odd on Dancing on Ice last night when he sang Smile - definately rolling eyes & twitchy. Hmm. And WHERE was GAry BArlow's wedding ring? Hope their ego's arent; getting the better of them again:sneaky2:

i for one HATE Take That and am glad Mika turned them down :P .... but i mean why would someone with a sell out tour of their own support them?

Steady on - each to their own !:blink: !! Anyway, no offence to Mika, but a sell out tour of the sizes of Mika's gigs (so far) can hardly compare to 65000+ at each of Take That's last year. It's a judgment call by his agents & if they think Mika can sell enough tickets then great, but Take That aren't touring til Dec & it would have guaranteed Mika a HUGE audience, when, for all we know, things may well have cooled down for him by then. DON'T have a go at me - I LOVE Mika:mf_lustslow: & can't wait to see him on Tues, I'm just playing devil's advocate here.

Haha just watched that TT performance form Dancing on ice :roftl: But I don't think it looks AS stupid when he is actually doing lead vocals, then it's alright to get a bit over the top, although getting on his knees several times and jumping onto the piano in the end maybe was pushing it a bit :lmao:

Haha just watched that TT performance form Dancing on ice :roftl: But I don't think it looks AS stupid when he is actually doing lead vocals, then it's alright to get a bit over the top, although getting on his knees several times and jumping onto the piano in the end maybe was pushing it a bit :lmao:

Yeah, but weren't Torvill & Dean just fab - takes you back to the Bolero days - maybe this thread should go over to 'The Oldlings Thread'!!:naughty: