Mika on France 2!! (French TV)

Sia

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats a Great video i just wish i had paid more attention in french class because i can only pick out certain words anyone fancy translating the Mika Part?

pretty please

with cherries on top

:naughty:

WOW how good does he look in this!!! thx 4 posting thou i dont speak french i mega enjoyed it!!!:thumb_yello: I understood the word Mika and guess at one point they were talking about balloons!!! cool!!!! xxx

I will translate it tomorrow if nobody does... They messed up the year he was born in (they said 1984 instead of 1983) but it was quite good !

See you tomorrow :wink2: I wish i watched the news, i could have seen it live :sneaky2: not on the website... I would have screamed in the house :roftl:

He said when he was child,in Paris,,he listened Oum Kalthoum and Fairouz,and Serge Gainsbourg.So,now he can mix the differents types of music...After,he said"We do like the Clowns"...

Sorry,that's all I can do!!!Sorry for my very bad english!:thumbdown:

I will translate it tomorrow if nobody does... They messed up the year he was born in (they said 1984 instead of 1983) but it was quite good !

See you tomorrow :wink2: I wish i watched the news, i could have seen it live :sneaky2: not on the website... I would have screamed in the house :roftl:

If you could translate it that would be Awesome

*bows down to your greatness*

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Wow, thanks for that Sia, always fab to hear Mika speaking French :mf_lustslow:

I know French but I'm too rusty these days to translate faithfully, I will leave that in the capable hands of Yoppappop..if she doesn't get around to it I will have a go...:wink2:

If you could translate it that would be Awesome

*bows down to your greatness*

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

Oh !! That's a bit too much :blush-anim-cl:

Tomorrow... I'm really tired tonight. Maybe someone will do it before, if you're too impatient AND lucky :wink2:

Oh !! That's a bit too much :blush-anim-cl:

Tomorrow... I'm really tired tonight. Maybe someone will do it before, if you're too impatient AND lucky :wink2:

That'd be so awesome you really could translate! I know only a bit France, but I couldn't understand totally! :roftl:

Isn't this just great how we have all these nice people here

always wanting to help everybody! Im very happy for that!! :original:

what a nice vid!! haven't understood a word (even if i've studied french for 3 years! lol my french teacher wouldn't be much happy) but it looks great! now my euphoria for the concert to come soon has grown more than ever!

I really like it when he speaks French. And he is always so expressive with his face when he's talking, especially with his eyes. I like that too!

My French has become quite rusty after years of not actually using it, so I wasn't able to follow the whole thing. :blush-anim-cl:

This is horrible !! I had finished it and the pc closed everything without sending it !!! :bored::tears::crybaby:

Ok... Let's go... Again !

Music ! And a discovery for the public with Mika ! His name may not ring a bell to you, but you won't be able to avoid him : his melodies and his colourful and very 70's-ish universe made this young singer, in a few months, the new pop music favourite. Olivier Menuzza, Mathieu Birden.

Girls are fond of him. Boys dance. Fashion fights for him. Singer, author, n°1 all around Europe, he's sold-out everywhere, like here in Dublin.

(i'm not sure if you can hear the girls speaking English behind the oral translation... Let me know if you can't...).

He was born in Beirouth in 1984 (ouch !), at the climax of the war splitting Lebanon. A year after he was born, his family runs away to France. At the age of 9 he leaves Paris to London... Oh, and i forgot, his passport is American.

"When i was living in Paris, we were listening to Fairouz, and Um Kalthoum, and Egyptian music, and after that, we were listening to Serge Gainsbourg and Nina Simone. So i feel as if i can, i have the ease and the right to mix every elements of every culture.

This is what happens before each show... It's a bit ridiculous..."

Biggest producers fought to make a deal with him.

(I love his giggling... And i have it !!! :naughty:)

His still doesn't take himself seriously.

"We're a circus. We're clowns !"

A clown who joins the Royal Opera at 12, The Royal College of Music at 19... Respect.

"I got the deal to make the album at the same time i was at the Royal College of Music, studying to Bach and Fauré."

He was supposed to marry a lyric career, he chose pop music. Flirting with Freddie Mercury, the Bee Gees. What if Mika was simply... unclassable ?

I think it's a bit impressive that he got a report in the national news !! It's very good for him ! Now they all know him !

Thanks for translating! :thumb_yello:

(The only part I understood in French was the part about his (wrong) year of birth and living in Paris and Londen and being American. And something about Serge G. and Nina S.)

Oh, I'm so happy ! I hadn't seen it and just heard about it this afternoon. My friend and colleague who picked me up and drove me home after I spent a week-end at my mother's told me "They have been speaking about Mika during the evening news on France 2 and I've been thinking of you !". Is that man mad ? When Mika is on TV, you don't have to THINK ABOUT ME ! You have to CALL ME UP ! Well, of course I didn't tell him this but I felt frustrated and angry at me for having watched someting else at that time ! But thanks to you I could at last see it ! Thanks to you and to the Internet ! Long life to the MFC !:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow: Oh, I do loooooooooove when he speaks French !