The Official Freddie Mercury Rememberance Thread

• Replies 899
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I love Queen and Freddie, have since I was about 14 years old, and I'm 41 now. I saw them twice when Freddie was alive, and the second time, I was in the 8th row. I can't describe the feeling of being so close. They were so good in concert and put on a fantastic show. Freddie was in complete command of the audience, and completely confident in doing so. He was meant to be doing just what he was doing.

I also saw Queen with Paul Rogers, and it was an emotional experience to hear Queen play those songs live again. I never thought I'd hear them play or see Roger or Brian again. I loved the show, and loved the way they remembered Freddie throughout.

I know that Mika isn't Freddie, but just that he has a touch of the Freddie style is attractive. His voice is incredible and his music is fun. Love it!

I love Queen and Freddie, have since I was about 14 years old, and I'm 41 now. I saw them twice when Freddie was alive, and the second time, I was in the 8th row. I can't describe the feeling of being so close. They were so good in concert and put on a fantastic show. Freddie was in complete command of the audience, and completely confident in doing so. He was meant to be doing just what he was doing.

I also saw Queen with Paul Rogers, and it was an emotional experience to hear Queen play those songs live again. I never thought I'd hear them play or see Roger or Brian again. I loved the show, and loved the way they remembered Freddie throughout.

I know that Mika isn't Freddie, but just that he has a touch of the Freddie style is attractive. His voice is incredible and his music is fun. Love it!

You are soooooooo lucky to have seen Queen live, (twice!), what an experience! Would have loved to have seen them!

CRINA

That link to mercury paradise is so fab!!! Its wierd seeing the fan club mags on the computer, I have never really been much of a computer person and learned all i know about queen from just being obsessed!! Cant believe all hat info in one place is sooooo brilliant. Also I love the way you catergorise freddies pictures!!:roftl: Fabulous thread my dears

i think i'm gonna die. you are soooooooooo blessed. god loves you. can you tell us more about that concerts? when and where was it?

CRINA

That link to mercury paradise is so fab!!! Its wierd seeing the fan club mags on the computer, I have never really been much of a computer person and learned all i know about queen from just being obsessed!! Cant believe all hat info in one place is sooooo brilliant. Also I love the way you catergorise freddies pictures!!:roftl: Fabulous thread my dears

thank you very much. i do my best . come up with new one soon

Your so so lucky , I cant believe I never saw him live it will stay with me forever

Well, the first Queen concert I saw was in 1980, in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It was the first concert I ever saw, and I remember beforehand they were playing David Bowie music. They came on stage and there were these red, green and white lights, and Freddie was all over the place. The opening song was "Let Me Entertain You."

The second concert was in 1982 , in Washington DC, USA, and I had much better seats for that one, 8th row. Freddie wore his red leather pants and blue kneepads. He had such a personal way with the audience, you really felt like he was talking just to you when he spoke and sang. When he sang "Love of My Life" he sang it WITH us, and when Brian did it recently on tour again, it tore my heart out, remembering when Freddie sang it with "me." It was truely amazing...that is why he is remembered as a great showman, not because he pranced across the stage, but because of his ability to make it all so personal, even if you were in the back row at Live Aid.

I have to say, as an old (ahem) lady....Mika sort of makes me feel a little of that Freddie magic, even though I know he's special in his own right and deserves to be taken on his own merits. I know he's not trying to be Freddie reincarnated or anything like that, that would be silly and foolish (still I'd adore hearing him sing with Queen). Mika is Mika, he's different and I love him for his own dear Mika-self. But his similarities to Freddie, I must admit, make me a little misty-eyed...and make my heart glad.:wub2:

Well, the first Queen concert I saw was in 1980, in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. It was the first concert I ever saw, and I remember beforehand they were playing David Bowie music. They came on stage and there were these red, green and white lights, and Freddie was all over the place. The opening song was "Let Me Entertain You."

The second concert was in 1982 , in Washington DC, USA, and I had much better seats for that one, 8th row. Freddie wore his red leather pants and blue kneepads. He had such a personal way with the audience, you really felt like he was talking just to you when he spoke and sang. When he sang "Love of My Life" he sang it WITH us, and when Brian did it recently on tour again, it tore my heart out, remembering when Freddie sang it with "me." It was truely amazing...that is why he is remembered as a great showman, not because he pranced across the stage, but because of his ability to make it all so personal, even if you were in the back row at Live Aid.

I have to say, as an old (ahem) lady....Mika sort of makes me feel a little of that Freddie magic, even though I know he's special in his own right and deserves to be taken on his own merits. I know he's not trying to be Freddie reincarnated or anything like that, that would be silly and foolish (still I'd adore hearing him sing with Queen). Mika is Mika, he's different and I love him for his own dear Mika-self. But his similarities to Freddie, I must admit, make me a little misty-eyed...and make my heart glad.:wub2:

Amazing post you ARE SO LUCKY! , he also reminds me of Freddie and allows me to follow him as I coulf never do with Fred:thumb_yello:

Great post...you are a very lucky person and I'm sure you know that! I was born in 1985, so I never would've ever had the chance to see them. Just the fact of knowing I'll never see my hero live is pretty disheartening. But to see that nice people like you got to see him live is a good thing. :)

I also saw Queen+Paul Rodgers and I was sooooo emotional during it, too. I all-oput bawled during Love Of My Life...and the rest of the time I was a maniac who couldn't stop cheering. :)

By the way, I have a couple of good friends who saw them - one of them was a big fan since Queen's first tour in the 70s and he ended up seeing Queen 24 times!!! Now how awesome is that?!?

what can i say, i'm speacheless. you saw them for 2 times, yhe other one for 24 TIMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES . now have some one to come and say he/she saw queen for 50 times. i'm soooooooooooooooooooooo .

jealouse

why i wasn't being born in england?

i seen the queen(rog and bri) two years ago when they went to italy:cool: ...maybe 2005...it was an unique experience... to see your idols to 5 meters distance is the maximum one... sinned that there were no freddie and john because it would have been beautiful even more:naughty:

p.s. i hope to be explains me

i seen the queen(rog and bri) two years ago when they went to italy:cool: ...maybe 2005...it was an unique experience... to see your idols to 5 meters distance is the maximum one... sinned that there were no freddie and john because it would have been beautiful even more:naughty:

p.s. i hope to be explains me

well , you are lucky even so. think that i never saw one of them, and i don't think that they 'll come in romania ever. i have only the pics. but even so, i thanks god they were born and the queen existed.

Good Old Fashioned Lover Boy

I can dim the lights and sing you songs full of sad things

We can do the tango just for two

I can serenade and gently play on your heart strings

Be your valentino just for you

Ooh love - ooh loverboy

What're you doin' tonight, hey boy

Set my alarm, turn on my charm

That's because I'm a good old-fashioned lover boy

Ooh let me feel your heartbeat (Grow faster, faster)

Ooh ooh can you feel my love heat

Come on and sit on my hot-seat of love

And tell me how do you feel right after-all

I'd like for you and I to go romancing

Say the word - your wish is my command

Ooh love - ooh loverboy

Write my letter

Feel much better

And use my fancy patter on the telephone

When I'm not with you

I think of you always

(I miss those long hot summer nights)

I miss you

When I'm not with you

Think of me always

Love you - love you

Hey boy where do you get it from

Hey boy where did you go ?

I learned my passion in the good old

Fashioned school of loverboys

Dining at the Ritz we'll meet at nine precisely

One two three four five six seven eight nine o' clock

I will pay the bill, you taste the wine

Driving back in style, in my saloon will do quite nicely

Just take me back to yours that will be fine (Come on and get it)

Ooh love, (There he goes again just like a good old-fashioned lover boy)

Ooh loverboy

Everything's all right

Just hold on tight

That's because I'm a good old-fashioned fashioned lover boy

1156140516_002520freddie252001largeiu6.jpg

I've lost my 18th Freddie birthday card forever and I loved it so much! It was on my window sill where is usually lives and on Saturday I noticed it wasn't there anymore. I couldn't understand how it had gone and looked around everywhere for it just incase someone might have picked it up to look at it. But no it was gone and I don't know where! Mum thinks it might have fallen in my bin (which is now empty) because its next to the window sill. I'm really upset about losing it :sad: