Have you read any bad critics?

robertina

Maybe we are too partial with Mika.... we love him so much!!!

Has anyone read some bad critics about his music?

Look: I'm not asking about his private life (which is only HIS business), but as far as his music is concerned.

I'm asking because I feel quite sure bad critics do not exist... but you never can tell!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. There are also many listed in old posts on here. Some very very cruel ones that do it for attention, and others that may be slightly justified. Alas being a critic often takes in the 'taste' that they prefer so I tend to not listen to many of them at all. :)

Yep, I found some on the internet. Nearly all of them are in Dutch and it often takes a lot of time to translate, so that's why I post hardly any reviews or interviews from Dutch sites - neither good or bad ones. But yes, I found some 'not so good' reviews. They say Mika is a one hit wonder, or his music sounds much too shallow, they call it bubblegum pop... Whatever. It's their opinion, not mine. ;)

And speaking about bad critics: this journalist just didn't do his homework very properly I guess: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2113

I read this one in particular that got me so mad I was shaking! :mad3:

Sometimes it's not the review itself that is horrid, but the comments that people leave! Some people can be so heartless and cruel! But at least Mika has sincere fans that will stick by his side regardless of any negative attitudes given off by others.:mf_rosetinted:

Not exactly bad critics,

but some of them you can see the critic didn't have a clue who Mika was and what he's doing...

That annoyes me... :thumbdown:

Actually all the Finnish critics on the internet so far have been the ones above... -.-

I've seen reviews giving everything between 1 and 5 stars. I think all the critics are now in love with Arcade Fire.. which I myself can't understand :D

I think that there is quite a difference if the review is in a serious music magazine or in a local daily newspaper. :)

Recently I read a bad review by Alexis Petridis (?) I think he writes for The Guardian, and I think he gave LICM 1 star, which is bad enough, but then he continues to criticise Mika about every song on the album- I don't think he said a good word about him. Luckily Brian May defended him and said something like "he (Alexis Petridis) looks like a spotty teenager" - or something along those lines!!! I suppose this reviewer said those things in the hope of looking like a 'rebel' and not conforming with everyone, but it backfired on him, because there's not many that agree!!! And anyway, for every bad review, there are 100 good reviews!!! :):):)