singles???

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what "LP Singles" means - possibly just singles from the LP Life in Cartoon Motion?

LP usually stands for Long Play, which just means that a record/cd/whatever is an entire album, not a single or an EP.

It can also refer to music that is printed as a 33 rpm record. Maybe they're records?

Wikipedia isn't always a very reliable source. Does Mika really plan his singles a year in advance?!?!! Seems way odd.

I wouldn't trust to that list of forthcoming LP singles. Because there would be too many of them - usually from one record they make 2-4 singles and then it is time to make new album :) and the exact dates of Grace Kelly and Love Today are missing - and Relax HAS BEEN released once already and it is on this list "August 07".

(cut away the explanation of LP single, that wasn't the point, sorry :) )

I wouldn't trust to that list of forthcoming LP singles. Because there would be too many of them - usually from one record they make 2-4 singles and then it is time to make new album :) and the exact dates of Grace Kelly and Love Today are missing - and Relax HAS BEEN released once already and it is on this list "August 07".

"LP single" means usually vinyl record single and it can be 45 rpm or 33 rpm and the size is 7 inch (with two songs) or 10 inch (quite rare) and 12" inch (2-6 songs.) Also there are sometimes records where is picture printed on the record itself (picdisc) and colourful versions too, not only black :)

It's great when someone like you comes along and clears everything up! Hip, hip hooray for smart people! hehe

So, 7 singles will be released at all. I don't really like Any other world, I expected Big Girl. But, 7 singles... That's Ok. In Poland Relax was only released in Radio, that's where I've heard about Mika, but I had no idea who is he. Now I know, thank God :)

I really don't trust this list either.

I've never heard of 7 singles being released from one album and if there is then Casablanca are really trying to get all the money they can out of Mika.

Oh, RECORD SINGLES! thank goodness! I was afraid this was going to be about starting a Mika Fan Club dating service for singles! :wink2:

dcdeb <who notes that AshleyMiranda should post again quick since she's at post 666!>

I never understood releasing singles after the CD has been released....why not just buy the whole CD??? I never got that.

Maybe they release them because usually radio stations put single releases to their playlists. (Why not play songs from the whole album, good question..) And of course there are these record collector maniacs (me:naughty: ) who want to buy every release even there isn't new songs, only some extra remixes. :)

The purpose of the CD single is to promote the album in the same way that radio singles promote an album. People who buy the CD single of the song that they like may then be tempted to buy the album. Record companies are all in all after album sales, not CD single sales. The CD single is simply a promotional tool for the album. As to why radio doesn't play all songs from an entire album... well, some radio stations do. However, considering the number of tracks on most album it would be simply too much music saturating the airwaves at the same time by one act alone.

Also, many CD singles come with exclusive rare tracks and exclusive remixes, including unreleased b-sides and new recordings not found on the album. For example, "Satellite" is on the 7" b-side of "Grace Kelly". You won't find the track on the U.K. edition of the album.