• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Miso is nice.

http://www.misonoodlebar.co.uk/photo.html

If you like noodles.........

Years ago I used to go to a cafe called the Stick and Bowl in Ken High St, used to be cheap, and delicious, don't know if it's still there, going to google.

http://www.mykensington.co.uk/restaurants-review-stickandbowl.htm

Bless, still there! Must still be doing good business!

Mmmm I know, I used to work with a lot of Thai and Filipino ladies, who introduced me to proper noodles, mmmmm, they are the ones that took me to the Stick and Bowl, then we used to go every Friday evening after work.

I've tried cooking persian dishes, especially from this one particular cookbook my tutor recomended... love it ... evokes everything magical and wonderful (for me):blush-anim-cl:

really?? :blink:

that makes me so happy!! :biggrin2:

really?? :blink:

that makes me so happy!! :biggrin2:

yogurt kuku was one of the simpler ones... not counting salads but that still takes skill I think... to make it nice:blush-anim-cl:

I also made my own batch of advieh (sp?):naughty:

I haven't been able to master the crust for the rice pilaus' though:blink:

oneday,oneday........

yogurt kuku was one of the simpler ones... not counting salads but that still takes skill I think... to make it nice:blush-anim-cl:

I also made my own batch of advieh (sp?):naughty:

I haven't been able to master the crust for the rice pilaus' though:blink:

oneday,oneday........

Oh!! good job!! :thumb_yello:

the rice crust isn't that hard, you'll do it!!

but it might be easy for me cause i've grown up with it :bleh: and i'm into cooking and that so I try to learn everything from my mum :biggrin2:

Oh!! good job!! :thumb_yello:

the rice crust isn't that hard, you'll do it!!

but it might be easy for me cause i've grown up with it :bleh: and i'm into cooking and that so I try to learn everything from my mum :biggrin2:

yes that would make a difference :bleh: my mother is a good cook but she is not Persian, so she is not as familiar with those dishes. I've heard my father was a very good cook but with Afghan and Persian dishes.

yes that would make a difference :bleh: my mother is a good cook but she is not Persian, so she is not as familiar with those dishes. I've heard my father was a very good cook but with Afghan and Persian dishes.

haha yeah :biggrin2:

do you mind if I ask where you're from?

haha yeah :biggrin2:

do you mind if I ask where you're from?

My mother is Russian and my father was Afghan... to my shame I still cannot speak Persian (thus the tutor... it's not a language usually offered alongside French or Spanish or Italian etc.):biggrin2:

My mother is Russian and my father was Afghan... to my shame I still cannot speak Persian (thus the tutor... it's not a language usually offered alongside French or Spanish or Italian etc.):biggrin2:

wow! what a mix! :biggrin2:

you have no idea how happy I am!!! :biggrin2::roftl:

finally someone else here (of course you've been here along time, I just didn't know you were part afghan)!!!

Nice to meet you :bleh::biggrin2: ... yeah I'm very low on the radar :biggrin2:

May I ask are both your parents from Iran?

nice to meet you too :D

yes, i'm 100% iranian as far as I know. for me it's pretty impossible to genealogize, since most documents in iran were distroyed in the revolution

but my parents are from 2 very different places in iran, that's all I know :thumbdown:

nice to meet you too :D

yes, i'm 100% iranian as far as I know. for me it's pretty impossible to genealogize, since most documents in iran were distroyed in the revolution

but my parents are from 2 very different places in iran, that's all I know :thumbdown:

Oh I see, yes.

And I already know you do speak the language since I've 'heard' you say so before :biggrin2:

Oh I see, yes.

And I already know you do speak the language since I've 'heard' you say so before :biggrin2:

yeah.

persian was the first language I learned :biggrin2: then I learned swedish in kindergarten :bleh:

Good combination of languages.... very modern (as opposed to some centuries back I mean :blush-anim-cl: ). That's great ...I would think not so much in common which would be so nice but I have no idea though.

well yeah. nothing in common, swedish and persian... :bleh:

do you live in Russia?

'Every now and then miracles happen'.

Ok, say Mika offers to take you to a resteraunt/cafe of your choice. Where do you choose to go?

Hmmmmmm... I'd take him home and I'd cook a gorgeous dinner for him. And later on, who knows:mf_lustslow: , miracles really happen?