The Israeli Thread

Killer Queen

So Hebrew isn't your mother tongue? What is? And have you lived in Israel and why? Lots of questions, maybe I'm too nosey. :blush-anim-cl:

Haha, too nosey for someone with such a brief user profile (-:

My mother toungue is Slovak, I have lived in Israel for 5 years, I knew some Hebrew also bofore that. How about you? :wink2: Why are you so interested in Hebrew language? Where do you live?

You definetly can, don't give up. Learning a new languge it's not easy you just need to practice.

Here are 2 links that might be helpful for you: http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/Judaism/alephbet.html

http://www.rishon-rishon.com/archives/032391.php

Thanks a lot! They seem to be really helpful! :)

So you have lived in Israel for your whole life?

Haha, too nosey for someone with such a brief user profile (-:

My mother toungue is Slovak, I have lived in Israel for 5 years, I knew some Hebrew also bofore that. How about you? :wink2: Why are you so interested in Hebrew language? Where do you live?

Haha! :bleh:

Well I live in Estonia, have lived here for my whole life. I remember that many years ago I was watching Eurovision and there was a song in Hebrew and I was absolutely stunned! It just sounded so beautiful! So I recently thought that I should learn more about it and I still love it, althought at some moments it seems so difficult that my head is about to explode! :naughty:

Haha! :bleh:

Well I live in Estonia, have lived here for my whole life. I remember that many years ago I was watching Eurovision and there was a song in Hebrew and I was absolutely stunned! It just sounded so beautiful! So I recently thought that I should learn more about it and I still love it, althought at some moments it seems so difficult that my head is about to explode! :naughty:

Very interesting!

Is Israel beautiful? :bleh: What's the weather like at the moment?

Israel is very pretty, the weather in the city i live is very good. It's been very hot here in the past few days but now it's nice and breezy.

Yes, i was born and raised in Israel. :)

Israel is very pretty, the weather in the city i live is very good. It's been very hot here in the past few days but now it's nice and breezy.

That's so interesting! I have seen some pictures of Israel and it looked gorgeous! Like really breath-taking!

It's not very hot here. Kind of cold and windy. :thumbdown: It hasn't been so cold at this time of the year for ages.

That's so interesting! I have seen some pictures of Israel and it looked gorgeous! Like really breath-taking!

It's not very hot here. Kind of cold and windy. :thumbdown: It hasn't been so cold at this time of the year for ages.

Its been very hot so early already in here, i dread to think of what it will be like in July-August which are the hottest months here. :boxed:

I'll try to post some pictures for you from the city Tiberias, especially from the sea of galilee which is the main attraction in the city.

I must go now, will be back soon...*waves bye* :original:

Its been very hot so early already in here, i dread to think of what it will be like in July-August which are the hottest months here. :boxed:

I'll try to post some pictures for you from the city Tiberias, especially from the sea of galilee which is the main attraction in the city.

I must go now, will be back soon...*waves bye* :original:

Ah! I just wanted to say the same thing! Gotta go!

Can't wait for the pics! :wink2:

Bye!

Is Israel beautiful? :bleh: What's the weather like at the moment?

I don`t live in Israel now, I returned to Slovakia in 2002. But the country surely has its charms. I loved the long, long summers and short mild winters. It is a very varied country, even the nature: you have the wild flora.. and you have the desert.. I love the desert! :wub2: You have 3 seas: Mediteranian sea, Red sea, and Dead sea.

As promised, here are some pics. They are mostley of the sea of galilee and belive it or not they were taken during the winter, it was soo sunny and warm..

sea2do2.jpg

I was on such a boat on that lake.. how nostalgic..

It`s called sea but actually it`s a huge lake, with sweet water.

As promised, here are some pics. They are mostley of the sea of galilee and belive it or not they were taken during the winter, it was soo sunny and warm..

sea2do2.jpg

sea3fk6.jpg

sea1np5.jpg

I don`t live in Israel now, I returned to Slovakia in 2002. But the country surely has its charms. I loved the long, long summers and short mild winters. It is a very varied country, even the nature: you have the wild flora.. and you have the desert.. I love the desert! You have 3 seas: Mediteranian sea, Red sea, and Dead sea.

:shocked: I think that I know now where I wanna go next! And these photos taken during the winter?! Amazing! Could have fooled me, I would have guessed that it was mid-summer. So is there ever snow in Israel? :blink:

Desert! That sounds tempting! I have always thought what it would feel like to snowboard on the sand. :naughty: Is it even possible?

But what does Israel think of foreigners and travellers? I mean some countries are very hospitable but others tend to be inhospitable. :blink:

:shocked: I think that I know now where I wanna go next! And these photos taken during the winter?! Amazing! Could have fooled me, I would have guessed that it was mid-summer. So is there ever snow in Israel? :blink:

Desert! That sounds tempting! I have always thought what it would feel like to snowboard on the sand. :naughty: Is it even possible?

But what does Israel think of foreigners and travellers? I mean some countries are very hospitable but others tend to be inhospitable. :blink:

If you want to visit Israel I recomend you to do it in spring, then the country is most beautiful and the weather pleasant (some people don`t cope well with the strong summer heat). Usually there is no snow, but once in a few years there is a little snow in Jerusalem which usually cases a huge chaos: people are not used to it. But in last years the weather is confused and sometimes it snows strangly enough even in the desert, like this winter:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125106

I have never tried snowboarding on the sand but it sounds interesting (-:

Israel is hospitable, tourism is one of the sources of money. Of course, when the security situation is bad tourists are scared to go there.. But I also have to say that for a woman travelling alone might be annoying the numerous harrasers.. it is sad.. but don`t let it scare you, of course you can travel there alone but be careful. They even harras nuns!

If you want to visit Israel I recomend you to do it in spring, then the country is most beautiful and the weather pleasant (some people don`t cope well with the strong summer heat). Usually there is no snow, but once in a few years there is a little snow in Jerusalem which usually cases a huge chaos: people are not used to it. But in last years the weather is confused and sometimes it snows strangly enough even in the desert, like this winter:

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/125106

I have never tried snowboarding on the sand but it sounds interesting (-:

Israel is hospitable, tourism is one of the sources of money. Of course, when the security situation is bad tourists are scared to go there.. But I also have to say that for a woman travelling alone might be annoying the numerous harrasers.. it is sad.. but don`t let it scare you, of course you can travel there alone but be careful. They even harras nuns!

Hmm...okay...spring.. I do not like heat very much though, but I think I wouldn't mind as well, cause we don't get a lot of sun in Estonia and some warm weather wouldn't be bad once in a while. Wow! Snow in the desert! That's bizarre!

I have always wanted to do that! Even falling seems much nicer on the warm sand than on the snow and ice, although I understand that it can be pretty painful to fall on the sand as well. :bleh:

How is the security situation there at the moment? I know that you don't live there now, but maybe you know more than me. :blink: Is it dangerous? I bet that when I would tell my mum or friends that I wanna go to Israel, they would be scared to death and say that there are bombs and all sorts of terror. :blink:

I have heard about those harrassing guys. I might be quite unpleasant, but at least I'm not blonde, so they won't notice me right away perhaps. :naughty:

How is the security situation there at the moment? I know that you don't live there now, but maybe you know more than me. :blink: Is it dangerous? I bet that when I would tell my mum or friends that I wanna go to Israel, they would be scared to death and say that there are bombs and all sorts of terror. :blink:

I have heard about those harrassing guys. I might be quite unpleasant, but at least I'm not blonde, so they won't notice me right away perhaps. :naughty:

The security situation is good now, no problem to travel there now. I know because I work for IBM Israel though I live in Slovakia, and I have also relatives there. My aunt just returned from a visit there and it was calm. I`m updated about incidents even before they say it on TV.

But I never travel by bus and I`m very paranoid in the market (shuk) because so many suicide bombers exploded there in the past.

I`m sure you can cope with it. Or take a gas spray if you like (but put it in the suitcase, otherwise the airport security will take it). I don`t know why the harrasment is so spread there, maybe because of the hot climate?

Hmm...okay...spring.. I do not like heat very much though, but I think I wouldn't mind as well, cause we don't get a lot of sun in Estonia and some warm weather wouldn't be bad once in a while. Wow! Snow in the desert! That's bizarre!

I have always wanted to do that! Even falling seems much nicer on the warm sand than on the snow and ice, although I understand that it can be pretty painful to fall on the sand as well. :bleh:

The security situation in here is fine now, i mean we always live in tension but people already got used to that and we know how to react when things happen. youre constanlty alert but you still go on with your daily life. tourism also goes constanlty up on scale, there is a nice article about that in this website.

The security situation is good now, no problem to travel there now. I know because I work for IBM Israel though I live in Slovakia, and I have also relatives there. My aunt just returned from a visit there and it was calm. I`m updated about incidents even before they say it on TV.

But I never travel by bus and I`m very paranoid in the market (shuk) because so many suicide bombers exploded there in the past.

Yes but now there is so much security people walking aroung the markets and also traveling in buses in long drives and short drives. there is lots more security now then it was say 8-9 years ago.

I`m sure you can cope with it. Or take a gas spray if you like (but put it in the suitcase, otherwise the airport security will take it). I don`t know why the harrasment is so spread there, maybe because of the hot climate?

The security situation in here is fine now, i mean we always live in tension but people already got used to that and we know how to react when things happen. youre constanlty alert but you still go on with your daily life. tourism also goes constanlty up on scale, there is a nice article about that in this website.

Thanks you are both being very very helpful! I hope that I'm not bothering and boring you to death, but I'm really interested in it all. It is much more educating to hear these things from people who really know what they are talking, not reading them from a book or something. :thumb_yello:

It's nice to know that the security situation isn't that bad at the moment. I find it so saddening that there is even a bit tension. All those people who have suffered and all. :thumbdown: It is all so unknown to me that people really have to be scared of travelling by bus or suicide bombers. I mean, of course I have heard about them a lot on the news, but never had to worry about them myself.

Why is there that sort of tension anyway? Is it with some other countries or inside of your own country or about religion? :blink:

Thanks you are both being very very helpful! I hope that I'm not bothering and boring you to death, but I'm really interested in it all. It is much more educating to hear these things from people who really know what they are talking, not reading them from a book or something. :thumb_yello:

It's nice to know that the security situation isn't that bad at the moment. I find it so saddening that there is even a bit tension. All those people who have suffered and all. :thumbdown: It is all so unknown to me that people really have to be scared of travelling by bus or suicide bombers. I mean, of course I have heard about them a lot on the news, but never had to worry about them myself.

Why is there that sort of tension anyway? Is it with some other countries or inside of your own country or about religion? :blink:

You most welcome, if there is anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask, ok?

It is good that the security situatio is ok now, i mean i had my own experience with the bad times in this country but now it's over and i try not to look back at it.

There is a tension because of so many things, i have already lost count really.

It's about israel, religion, settelments and so many other things. :boxed:

You most welcome, if there is anything else you want to know don't hesitate to ask, ok?

It is good that the security situatio is ok now, i mean i had my own experience with the bad times in this country but now it's over and i try not to look back at it.

There is a tension because of so many things, i have already lost count really.

It's about israel, religion, settelments and so many other things. :boxed:

Thanks.:wink2:

Oh, that's bad, I would have asked what bad experience, but if you're trying not to look back at it then it's ok. :wink2:

Arghh! I always feel so sorry when things like this happen, bombing and suicide bombing and that sort of things. If it even hurts when watching on the news, then I can't imagine what it feels like to have been involved. I don't mean being a bomber, but the victim or just a family member of the victim. :blink:

How does Israel get along with Egypt? Or Lebanon? :blink:

Thanks.:wink2:

Oh, that's bad, I would have asked what bad experience, but if you're trying not to look back at it then it's ok. :wink2:

Arghh! I always feel so sorry when things like this happen, bombing and suicide bombing and that sort of things. If it even hurts when watching on the news, then I can't imagine what it feels like to have been involved. I don't mean being a bomber, but the victim or just a family member of the victim. :blink:

How does Israel get along with Egypt? Or Lebanon? :blink:

I know some people who lost loved once due to those reasons and it is never easy to get over it. I mean i can't imagine losing someone like that, totally hurandous.

There is nothing going on with either of those countries and Israel currently.

I know some people who lost loved once due to those reasons and it is never easy to get over it. I mean i can't imagine losing someone like that, totally hurandous.

There is nothing going on with either of those countries and Israel currently.

It would be dreadful. :blink: To get killed basically for no reason. :blink:

:thumb_yello: Glad to hear that.

So, Israel is a very religious country, are you also religious? :bleh: