The Israeli Thread

Killer Queen

So, Israel is a very religious country, are you also religious? :bleh:

No. :roftl:

I'm not, never been very religious, i follow the holidays but not in the strict way the religious parts of the country do.

No. :roftl:

I'm not, never been very religious, i follow the holidays but not in the strict way the religious parts of the country do.

Haha, so I stumbled on an exeption. :naughty: What sort of holidays are those that you follow as well?:bleh:

Girls, let`s talk about the good things! (-: For example the Jerusalem Cinemateque is divine, I spent there so many evenings and seen so many great films..

Is it some sort of a special cinema? Like the biggest in town for example? :naughty:

Which movie did you see last?

So, Israel is a very religious country, are you also religious? :bleh:

I`m not religious at all. After what I`ve seen that the religion can mean in practise I kind of developed an aversion against organised religiosness (is there such a word?). I`m not religious but I`m not an atheist, if it makes any sense to you..

I`m not religious at all. After what I`ve seen that the religion can mean in practise I kind of developed an aversion against organised religiosness (is there such a word?). I`m not religious but I`m not an atheist, if it makes any sense to you..

Oh, yeah it does make sense to me. :thumb_yello: I think I consider myself to be someone like you. :blink: I mean, I think I believe in God, but I don't do anything in practise. I don't follow many rules and all, but I still have faith. It's just like that I have faith in it, but I don't have to show it all the time. :blink:

Haha, so I stumbled on an exeption. :naughty: What sort of holidays are those that you follow as well?:bleh:

I follow most of them but doing my own thing if that makes any sense.

I`m not religious at all. After what I`ve seen that the religion can mean in practise I kind of developed an aversion against organised religiosness (is there such a word?).

I don't think there is a word like that but i got your idea.

Yeah good things, like this year's yom haatzmaut ( Independance day), it was brilliant. there was this really beautiful lights and laser exhabition, it was breathtaking, and the fireworks were the biggest & most colourful we had in years:

f1fp1.jpg

f2jk1.jpg

I don't think there is a word like that but i got your idea.

Yeah good things, like this year's yom haatzmaut ( Independance day), it was brilliant. there was this really beautiful lights and laser exhabition, it was breathtaking, and the fireworks were the biggest & most colourful we had in years:

f1fp1.jpg

f2jk1.jpg

It does make sense to me! :thumb_yello:

Aww, I love fireworks! :wub2: We have fireworks only on the New Year's Eve! When was your Independence Day? (I need to remember that "yom haatzmaut" :naughty: I know that you can say Yom tov!)

Yeah good things, like this year's yom haatzmaut ( Independance day), it was brilliant. there was this really beautiful lights and laser exhabition, it was breathtaking, and the fireworks were the biggest & most colourful we had in years

Wow, I`ve heard about it (though not seen it). We (me and some Israeli friends/colleagues living here in Slovakia) had a party on the independence day, baking meat, drinking.. it was fun. One could feel almost like in Israel for a moment.. What was weird that also our arabic moslim (with Israeli citizenship) colleague was there and he even prepared som tasty kebab..:shocked:

Wow, I`ve heard about it (though not seen it). We (me and some Israeli friends/colleagues living here in Slovakia) had a party on the independence day, baking meat, drinking.. it was fun. One could feel almost like in Israel for a moment.. What was weird that also our arabic moslim (with Israeli citizenship) colleague was there and he even prepared som tasty kebab..:shocked:

It was really great celebration this year to mark the 60th birthday.

Oh so you had some al aesh and other things? that's great. :thumb_yello:

Nothing beats a good shishlik in a pita in independance day with a drink on the side LOL.

It does make sense to me! :thumb_yello:

Aww, I love fireworks! :wub2: We have fireworks only on the New Year's Eve! When was your Independence Day? (I need to remember that "yom haatzmaut" :naughty: I know that you can say Yom tov!)

I love fireworks as well, Independance day was in May 8.

We can say yom tov (good day) and also Layla tov (good night), and on that note, i really should say layla tov and head off to bed.sleeping.gif

It was really great celebration this year to mark the 60th birthday.

Oh so you had some al aesh and other things? that's great. :thumb_yello:

Nothing beats a good shishlik in a pita in independance day with a drink on the side LOL.

I love fireworks as well, Independance day was in May 8.

We can say yom tov (good day) and also Layla tov (good night), and on that note, i really should say layla tov and head off to bed.sleeping.gif

Al ha-esh, nachon (-: Even home made pita!

The actual date of the independence day is counted according to the jewish (lunar) calendar (like most of jewish/israeli holidays) so every year it falls on a diffrent day. The original independence day was 14th of May 1948.. This year it was on 8th of May.

Al ha-esh, nachon (-: Even home made pita!

The actual date of the independence day is counted according to the jewish (lunar) calendar (like most of jewish/israeli holidays) so every year it falls on a diffrent day. The original independence day was 14th of May 1948.. This year it was on 8th of May.

Home made pita is so delicious, and then take a piece and wipe the humus with it it's even better. :thumb_yello:

Home made pita is so delicious, and then take a piece and wipe the humus with it it's even better. :thumb_yello:

We also had home-made chumus! :mf_lustslow: Also eggplants.. all the stuff that people eat in Israel.

We also had home-made chumus! :mf_lustslow: Also eggplants.. all the stuff that people eat in Israel.

Home made humus is yummy, i learned how to make eggplants salad like the one sold in stores (my version is a bit more healthier :naughty:), and home made tchina, the best of all. :thumb_yello:

• 2 weeks later...
hey u all ;)

saying hi!

im in israel at the moment having fun... lol

Ahlan Sivan! Enjoy yourself and have fun! I need a holiday too but I have to wait till July.. but it will be worth it! Amsterdam, Mika, MFCers.. :wub2:

Ahlan Sivan! Enjoy yourself and have fun! I need a holiday too but I have to wait till July.. but it will be worth it! Amsterdam, Mika, MFCers.. :wub2:

lucky u :)

i miss mika so much :(

hey u all ;)

saying hi!

im in israel at the moment having fun... lol

Awesome, how do you deal with the weather?? :naughty:

July is definetly a time for vacation, Paris is waiting..:naughty::thumb_yello:

• 3 months later...