Mika's Tartan Trousers!

kath

Just been speaking to my mum, she has worked as a seamstress in her dim and distant past, although she's never made mens trousers.

She strongly recommended getting an old pair of mens trousers and taking them apart. She said that patterns (if you haven't used one before), can be very confusing.

GITB, does stephen have an old pair we could cut up??? Chris, being only 5 7, does not have any that would fit the bill!

One bit of bad news! Chris has just driven off with the kids to go camping for 2 nights! WOOO HOOO. Which means, I have to make the lasagne! Sorry, it was just too perfect, something had to give! :naughty:

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She strongly recommended getting an old pair of mens trousers and taking them apart.

I agree... It could be useful...

(Im not doubting your sewing skills..!)

Have fun tomorrow! Im sure the pants turn out to be gorgeous!! :D

Just been speaking to my mum, she has worked as a seamstress in her dim and distant past, although she's never made mens trousers.

She strongly recommended getting an old pair of mens trousers and taking them apart. She said that patterns (if you haven't used one before), can be very confusing.

GITB, does stephen have an old pair we could cut up??? Chris, being only 5 7, does not have any that would fit the bill!

One bit of bad news! Chris has just driven off with the kids to go camping for 2 nights! WOOO HOOO. Which means, I have to make the lasagne! Sorry, it was just too perfect, something had to give! :naughty:

Yeah, I think that is a great idea. I have some long ones, but they are much bigger waisted so we will see if GITB can nick a pair when hubby isn't looking! Remember it said 'a pair of well worn pants' was the best thing to use!

Two nights without the kids must be worth making a lasagne for! If you can't be bothered we can always get a take away?

GITB............will you please stop texting my husband!

Yeah, I think that is a great idea. I have some long ones, but they are much bigger waisted so we will see if GITB can nick a pair when hubby isn't looking! Remember it said 'a pair of well worn pants' was the best thing to use!

Two nights without the kids must be worth making a lasagne for! If you can't be bothered we can always get a take away?

GITB............will you please stop texting my husband!

oops!:biggrin2:

Panic over! (Although I think it's only been me who's been panicking).

Stephen has kindly donated a very old pair of jeans which I will be picking apart tonight. They are 'straight fit' which is the next best thing to 'skinny fit'. We just need to add on a couple of inches in length.

How sweetly ironic that mika will have a pair of trousers based on my husband's pair, seeing as he has been so sarcastic and teasing of the whole mika thing!!!

Panic over! (Although I think it's only been me who's been panicking).

Stephen has kindly donated a very old pair of jeans which I will be picking apart tonight. They are 'straight fit' which is the next best thing to 'skinny fit'. We just need to add on a couple of inches in length.

How sweetly ironic that mika will have a pair of trousers based on my husband's pair, seeing as he has been so sarcastic and teasing of the whole mika thing!!!

My mum is on stand by for any emergency phone calls re advice on project Tartan Trousers!

Kath, the lasagne will go ahead as planned, I've bought all the stuff! Chris just phoned, they are on the ferry over to Mull as we speak! Bye happy family, have fun:biggrin2:

My mum is on stand by for any emergency phone calls re advice on project Tartan Trousers!

Kath, the lasagne will go ahead as planned, I've bought all the stuff! Chris just phoned, they are on the ferry over to Mull as we speak! Bye happy family, have fun:biggrin2:

That's great then Leezy!

OK girls, probably my last post on here before the big met up!

Can't wait! God alone knows what will happen mind you!

I promise we will post pics! (if we can!)

D-DAY

Sitting here with butterflys in my tum! So much to do, tidy up house for MFC friends (not for gitb, she's seen it much worse, so will look tidy to her :naughty: ).

Made b**ping lasagne! (Oh I hope it turns out ok!)

Learn in the next 2 hours how to

1) Read a clothes pattern :blink:

2) Thread a needle :blink:

3) Sew :blink:

Ah, well, if nothing, I'm sure Mika will admire our determination and dedication!

Will keep you posted on how things progress! :naughty:

Hello folks - its the Tartan Trousers lot here - we all arrived safely - had lunch, and now sorting out machines, thread, patterns etc!!!! Will pop in from time to time - and keep you updated. Pics to follow :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

glad to hear everyone arrived safe and sound!!!!

:thumb_yello:

i will be checking on every little while to see your progress posts!

take lots of pictures!!!:biggrin2:

yay! pictures!:punk:

and i am back!!!!:thumb_yello:

hiTootch! It's Kath, good grief we could do with you here! Leezy and GITB keep putting their feet in the pin pot! Pockets just under construction. We all keep having a quick feelof Mika's crotch!

hiTootch! It's Kath, good grief we could do with you here! Leezy and GITB keep putting their feet in the pin pot! Pockets just under construction. We all keep having a quick feelof Mika's crotch!

you are a bunch of nutters!!!

just let me know if you have questions!

i am more than willing to help in any way!!!

just printing up my work for the week!:thumbdown:

HI ALL!

nice pics but i want bigger size please! cannot see anything!!! they loose resolution if i enlarge them...

...and pls. note i created a new folder for your project, a brand new one named "tartan trousers!" i hope the last pic will be mika kissing you and hugging you for the present...:wub2:

of course you can tell me off 'cause you have better things to do than caring about pics...but!

i've just had a shower after doing some gardening under the sun... fighting with weeds and thorns...