I'm Ruth

Ruth

Hi, I'm Ruth and this Mika thing has bowled me over. I'm really old and haven't liked music AT ALL for 30 odd years. But I heard him play on Jools Holland, liked the song, thought it was very different and weird but then forgot about it. Then I heard him in the background on the radio at the dentist, but the dentist was talking so I missed the name of the song and the singer. It wasn't till I was aimlessly flicking through TV chanels abroad that I saw the Grace Kelly video and I realised that it all tied up. So I became, as you all seem to be here, Mika obsessed. I've signed up to YouTube and MySpace so I can get all the videos and news.

I'm going to see him in Leeds (The calendar on this site says a different date, but it's the 13th May) That will be the first live band I'll have seen since the early 80's. I think I'll be the oldest there!

I've put the cd in my car and listen to it which after years of radio 4 is a real shock to the system.

Anyway, Hi to all you other fans.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hiya Ruth

You should join us on the Leeds Thread there are a load of us going off the Fan Club, It is going to be a Huge meet up

Welcome to the Mika Fan Club :punk:

:naughty: Hello Ruth, I'm old too! :naughty:

I know exactly what you mean, it's just kind of shaken me up!

How can this happen? A mere 23 year old having this effect on us when we should be past all of that! Well it has happened, so here we are!

We have threads for younglings, middlelings, and olderlings here, if you want to stick with your rough age group, but mostly people just mix themselves up, you will often find the younglings in the olderlings thread and vice versa.

This is such a nice site though, with lots of different ages and different nationalites, and all so friendly and funny.

I hope you will join in and enjoy it here !

nice to see someone else whom mika has helped rediscover music, and who have had their lives turned upside down by his music and energy

great to have you on board and hope you have a blast at the gig!

Hiya Ruth

You should join us on the Leeds Thread there are a load of us going off the Fan Club, It is going to be a Huge meet up

Welcome to the Mika Fan Club :punk:

I'm not at all sure about a Meet. I'm bringing my teenage daughter for moral support. I'll be too overcome......

Hi Ruth and Welcome!

Also for me Mika...is more than a simply singer....for me is a real passion!

And it's the first time I get obesessed by a singer in particular...it's strange but beautiful!*_* Nice to meet you! ^^

hi there Ruth

enjoy all that is here on offer, there is a wealth of information at your fingertips!

well done that you'll have tckets for leeds, there will be a big meet-up there, I' m seeing him in birmingham with lots of others too,!