2007 - Mika in Japan May 26th 2007!!!: 26-05-2007

Blue Sky

Hey Blue Sky! You probably are already on your way, but have an awesome night, hope you get some great pictures, etc and we can't wait to hear about it when its over!! HAVE FUN AND DO US PROUD!!!

WE ARE SOOOO RIGHT THERE WITH YOU BLUE SKY !!!!! BIG LOVE!!:wub2:

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got home. It is 12.45am. I am totally exhausted and here is the link for reports. A pop up window appears and you need to scroll down to Mika's interview, at 20:23. The stadium was huge.

http://www.vmaj2007.com/videos/report.php

I didn't get to meet him:crybaby:...and the disappointment of that overwhelmed the excitement of the beginning of the MTV awards, which was just amazing. I came home really down in the dumps. The after party was really boring, and just served to remind me of some of the things I find most frustrating and distasteful about being in Japan. The Japanese artists were all there, mingling with industry people...it was sort of sickening to watch, so I can imagine Mika doesn't want to be at that sort of thing. But there was me with the bag of presents from the kids to give him and my CDs to get signed, and he didn't even drop in for one minute. After waiting for over an hour, I asked some staff person if he was coming and after a few other people joined the conversation, I found out he had left already, he is flying to Hong Kong tomorrow. The record label people had whisked him away, and there wasn't even one left to give his presents to.

So I was very sad. :sad:

In a few days I think they will post the video of Mika's performances on the MTV site, I think they said the 30th.

***** added to at 1.20am...I stopped mid post to find another link, and now my spirits have been lifted enormously, to find myself representing MFC on the MTV VMAJ webpage!!! And you all guessed it was me!! :flowers2:

What an emotional roller coaster today has been. I'll write more in a bit.

awww Blue sky im so sad you didnt get to meet Mika :(

But your right there it can be an emotional rollercoaster:blink:

That was one strange interview.....i thought the lollipop girls were cute at first but now they are just annoying :naughty:

I just got home. It is 12.45am. I am totally exhausted and here is the link for reports. A pop up window appears and you need to scroll down to Mika's interview, at 20:23. The stadium was huge.

http://www.vmaj2007.com/videos/report.php

I didn't get to meet him:crybaby:...and the disappointment of that overwhelmed the excitement of the beginning of the MTV awards, which was just amazing. I came home really down in the dumps. The after party was really boring, and just served to remind me of some of the things I find most frustrating and distasteful about being in Japan. The Japanese artists were all there, mingling with industry people...it was sort of sickening to watch, so I can imagine Mika doesn't want to be at that sort of thing. But there was me with the bag of presents from the kids to give him and my CDs to get signed, and he didn't even drop in for one minute. After waiting for over an hour, I asked some staff person if he was coming and after a few other people joined the conversation, I found out he had left already, he is flying to Hong Kong tomorrow. The record label people had whisked him away, and there wasn't even one left to give his presents to.

So I was very sad. :sad:

In a few days I think they will post the video of Mika's performances on the MTV site, I think they said the 30th.

***** added to at 1.20am...I stopped mid post to find another link, and now my spirits have been lifted enormously, to find myself representing MFC on the MTV VMAJ webpage!!! And you all guessed it was me!! :flowers2:

What an emotional roller coaster today has been. I'll write more in a bit.

OH, BLUE SKY ... WHAT A NIGHT IT HAS BEEN FOR YOU !!! WE WERE ALL SOOO LOVING THE GREAT PHOTO that deek provided for us ! YOU LOOK SOOOO HAPPY !!!! & what a lovely smile you have !! so for me tonight ... vicarious ... is cool !!!!!:thumb_yello::biggrin2:

awww Blue sky im so sad you didnt get to meet Mika :(

But your right there it can be an emotional rollercoaster:blink:

That was one strange interview.....i thought the lollipop girls were cute at first but now they are just annoying :naughty:

I hated the lollipop girls. I like the real Lollipop girl. I suppose he will have local ones everywhere from now. But you are right, they are annoying, trying too hard to be cute.

The interview was just after Mika came off stage.

oh!

i am crushed that you didnt get to meet mika!:boxed:

*puts cozy mfc blanket of mika-love around blue sky and hugs*

saw the pic with you on the other thread!

what is the link to the vmaj site where your pic is posted?

YOU, my dear, are a star!:wink2:

OK, so here's the report.

I took my friends on the winning tickets which were standing tickets, and mine was a sponsor invitation one which was an added bonus for me. First we got split up as the standing tickets were vouchers which had to be exchanged, which meant my friends actually missed seeing Mika on the red carpet because the queues were so long.

So I headed straight to line up for the red carpet and everyone was not near the stage at all, as they were really watching who was arriving on the red carpet. (I didn't really care!) My priority was get to the front for Mika's show, and by now you all know I succeeded!! There was noone except me for about 15 minutes. Then a Japanese fan appeared, and then slowly a few more. I held up my MFC poster which I laminated this morning, and kept holding it over my head in case my two friends could get in and find me, but it also served to alert people that there was a fan club!!

First up was Ai, and she was really good. Then when she finished, I got the girl beside me, who turned out to be on the Japanese mixi forum I am on, to hold my other poster, which was a desktop made by Mika Mania (see her mysace page) I laminated it too, and my idea was to get Mika to sign that for the MFC MOTHER's CLUB...well you know that didn't happen.

And we were waving the signs around, and Mika peeked his head out of the tent to look at the crowd (He was way up on the level above us. We were stretching and craning our necks to get another glimpse, and we kept the posters up for ages, when all of a sudden Martin came to the door of the tent, and was really shocked to see us down there. He even said something about the Mika fan club because I could lipread his words. Then Mika's mother (we love Mrs Penniman) stuck her head out and then came out and VIDEOTAPED us, and we waved and shouted hello to her. Yasmine came out for one second and obviously thought better of it.

Then they were waiting for ages (MTV does it all live for TV so there are lots of delays in the programming as they chop and change to other acts etc.) and the whole time, Martin was looking out at us, and every now and then we would wave at him and jump around. I kept saying "We are everywhere!"

Then Mika came out, and I saw how tall he was, and sooo good looking, strikingly so. He sort of acknowledged us, and everyone, and sat at the piano for an acoustic version of Love Today and the first thing we heard him say was "Its not on" because the mic was off. Then he did a great version of Love Today with only Martin on guitar, and Mika on piano. We sang and jumped about of course, and then we had Grace Kelly, which was brilliant as always. Mika had on black pants, and a black blazer and his orangey patterned white Tshirt. He stripped off the blazer after the first song.

More later, my eyes are dropping now it is 2am. I promise you will get more.

Woohoo, great!

Im so glad you had that MFC -poster...

You managed to amaze them! :biggrin2:

The website broadcast doesn't work for ppl outside Japan I guess...

Couldn't see anything but luckily I have you reporting here! xx

Are you going to liquidroom?

I must say you might have a good opportunity to meet Mika there! :wink2:

I am so sorry you didnt get to meet him - loved the picture of you - but I have the feeling the poor guy is being whisked from one place to the next at break-neck spped - and that he does not seem to have much choice!!

If his Mum took video of you, then he will be able to see the fan club sign quite clearly - and will know you are one of us "in here"!!!

Blue Sky, I am so sorry you didn't get to meet Mika this time. I can understand how upset you must be feeling.

On a positive note, I am so happy that you got to see him in real life!

And it has to be said... You represented the MFC so well!! You made all of us really proud!!

YOU'RE AWESOME!!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Blue Sky, I am so sorry you didn't get to meet Mika this time. I can understand how upset you must be feeling.

On a positive note, I am so happy that you got to see him in real life!

And it has to be said... You represented the MFC so well!! You made all of us really proud!!

YOU'RE AWESOME!!! :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

:blush-anim-cl:

* hands baton with MFC banner to Rainbow sky for use in Syndey next week*

(just like the Olympic torch:roftl: ...it gets passed from country to country!!)

And I hope you guys will meet him. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling after you DON'T meet him when you thought you would.

But being back on the forum has been good therapy.

:gathering:

:blush-anim-cl:

* hands baton with MFC banner to Rainbow sky for use in Syndey next week*

(just like the Olympic torch:roftl: ...it gets passed from country to country!!)

And I hope you guys will meet him. Nothing can prepare you for the feeling after you DON'T meet him when you thought you would.

But being back on the forum has been good therapy.

:gathering:

BLUE SKY ... I just posted you on the other thread ...haha ... chasing you around this time !!! After your experience , I know we may not meet Mika ... i mean, he's not in his home town, & is going from hotel to hotel it just must be crazy for them ...:shocked: ... but we will see him perform... and we WILL represent MFC !!!!!:thumb_yello:

OK rest of the report. My kids woke me up early to hear about it...all disappointed I didn't meet him, so I had to act like a grown up for a change, and tell them you can't usually meet pop stars anyway etc etc.

So Mika did his two songs (LT and GK) with just him and Martin, as I posted last night, and then got pulled over to the side of the stage for the MTV interview by two Japanese celebrities, and they asked him things about Japan. The weather was so hot and sunny after a day of torrential rain, so they commented on that, and Mika said he had spent some time catching some rays on the steps behind the stage(which was outside). :cool:

He said he spent an enormous amount of money on Japanese toys. Then he said he really likes J-Pop stars like Bennie K, DJ Ozuma and then he said he is going to write the next Puffy song!!!:shocked:

The strange thing was, he was interviewed with his back to the audience, so I spent the entire time viewing his bum!!:naughty: He even turned around and sort of laughed at the audience behind him...he probably was thinking how weird it was.

Then he was whisked off (with us screaming of course) and I tried to find my seat in this enormous stadium with only one entrance! Meanwhile I walked past a monitor of the live MTV broadcast and saw Mika was on the red carpet with the animal friends. Wish I had stayed outside waiting to see him there!! He looked amazing in his white jacket with the red trim and the red tie (and gold shoes)

The inside of the stadium was all standing in the middle, and I had a seat on the side towards the back. The stage was split into lots of pieces, and it was such a TELEVISION event, not a MIKA event at all. They had us fill in time during the ads with games and chatter from a Japanese celeb MC, and they had us practice shouting stuff out and clapping. The artists who won the awards were almost always Japanese, except for a couple of the guest overseas artists. It seemed so artificial, such a set-up...one of the Japanese girls beat Christina Aguilera!

The people who got the standing area down the front had special tickets. Down the front they also got given all sorts of props to bring out for the different performers, like little red glow sticks and towels and so on. They were so obviously told to really wave their arms and scream for every artist. For good effects on the TV I guess.

The rules were so strict, no cameras, no glowing bracelets or necklaces, no access to performers. It arena like a giant rabbit warren, you couldn't find anywhere to get near to wait, and there was in fact only one exit...imagine a fire (oh sorry that is the mother in me!) So when we went home, we had to queue for 30 minutes just to get out of the stadium!!! (during which time Mika was whisked off to his hotel without me knowing!)

Back to the show. It ran for 3 hours of LIVE TV (6pm to 9pm), so we had to put up with all the nonsense that goes with that. The winning artists gave the most boring speeches. They all said "Minna genki???" Is everyone OK? and then just Thankyou. A few said a joke or two. So it was a long wait till Mika came on just after 8. For a couple of other artists the girls beside me got up and danced, and once the girls in front got up and danced, but everyone around me was on sponsor/invitation tickets and soooo boring.:thumbdown: I asked to go into the standing area with my friends (who used the tickets I won) and security wouldn't let me. Every section of the standing was separated from the others, so you couldn't get to the front unless you were allocated that separate section. It was all done for TV effect. There was this camera that FLEW at high speed along the wires above everyone's heads, taking amazing shots. We could see the MTV live shots on big vids beside the stages, and the script was running in HUGE writing at the back of the arena. So we knew who was coming out before they read it!!

So then MIKA came on, and all the people down the front went wild like they knew who he was!! And the biggest surprise for me was that all his band were there! Cherisse and Mikey and Martin I could see in the lights, Luke I assume was there, couldn't see him in the gloominess at the back. We didn't know they were coming too. But that means they will be in HK and Sydney this week too, I am sure now.

And Mika started with Love Today, a great BIG stage version of Love today, in the white jacket with the black embroidery that is in the video from the show. And my friends were waving to me from the arena floor, and so I thought, oh come on, what the heck, I will just get up alone and make a fool of myself. It took a lot of courage, but I stood up there DANCING and waving my MFC poster and singing loudly with MIKA like a true Mika Maniac.

Then he did a great rendition of Grace Kelly, with animals, lollipop girls, balloons, giant balls and bubbles. And the big girl with the pink hair and the pink shirt (me) danced her socks off and went wild ALL ALONE in the stadium seats, but I know that MIKA fans couldn't get tickets to be there because it was an MTV show, and next time in July it will be ALL MIKA fans, and we will have much more fun together.:biggrin2:

And then we had the post show traffic jam to get out the one exit...and you know the rest. No meetings, no autographs, and crushing disappointment.

But Mika LIVE was truly amazing, and I know he will be back and be around for a LOOOOONG time yet.

Phew, did you stick with me till the end...thanks for reading!!:wink2:

OK rest of the report. My kids woke me up early to hear about it...all disappointed I didn't meet him, so I had to act like a grown up for a change, and tell them you can't usually meet pop stars anyway etc etc.

So Mika did his two songs (LT and GK) with just him and Martin, as I posted last night, and then got pulled over to the side of the stage for the MTV interview by two Japanese celebrities, and they asked him things about Japan. The weather was so hot and sunny after a day of torrential rain, so they commented on that, and Mika said he had spent some time catching some rays on the steps behind the stage(which was outside). :cool:

He said he spent an enormous amount of money on Japanese toys. Then he said he really likes J-Pop stars like Bennie K, DJ Ozuma and then he said he is going to write the next Puffy song!!!

The strange thing was, he was interviewed with his back to the audience, so I spent the entire time viewing his bum!!:naughty: He even turned around and sort of laughed at the audience behind him...he probably was thinking how weird it was.

Then he was whisked off (with us screaming of course) and I tried to find my seat in this enormous stadium with only one entrance! Meanwhile I walked past a monitor of the live MTV broadcast and saw Mika was on the red carpet with the animal friends. Wish I had stayed outside waiting to see him there!! He looked amazing in his white jacket with the red trim and the red tie (and gold shoes)

The inside of the stadium was all standing in the middle, and I had a seat on the side towards the back. The stage was split into lots of pieces, and it was such a TELEVISION event, not a MIKA event at all. They had us fill in time during the ads with games and chatter from a Japanese celeb MC, and they had us practice shouting stuff out and clapping. The artists who won the awards were almost always Japanese, except for a couple of the guest overseas artists. It seemed so artificial, such a set-up...one of the Japanese girls beat Christina Aguilera!

The people who got the standing area down the front had special tickets. Down the front they also got given all sorts of props to bring out for the different performers, like little red glow sticks and towels and so on. They were so obviously told to really wave their arms and scream for every artist. For good effects on the TV I guess.

The rules were so strict, no cameras, no glowing bracelets or necklaces, no access to performers. It arena like a giant rabbit warren, you couldn't find anywhere to get near to wait, and there was in fact only one exit...imagine a fire (oh sorry that is the mother in me!) So when we went home, we had to queue for 30 minutes just to get out of the stadium!!! (during which time Mika was whisked off to his hotel without me knowing!)

Back to the show. It ran for 3 hours of LIVE TV (6pm to 9pm), so we had to put up with all the nonsense that goes with that. The winning artists gave the most boring speeches. They all said "Minna genki???" Is everyone OK? and then just Thankyou. A few said a joke or two. So it was a long wait till Mika came on just after 8. For a couple of other artists the girls beside me got up and danced, and once the girls in front got up and danced, but everyone around me was on sponsor/invitation tickets and soooo boring.:thumbdown: I asked to go into the standing area with my friends (who used the tickets I won) and security wouldn't let me. Every section of the standing was separated from the others, so you couldn't get to the front unless you were allocated that separate section. It was all done for TV effect. There was this camera that FLEW at high speed along the wires above everyone's heads, taking amazing shots. We could see the MTV live shots on big vids beside the stages, and the script was running in HUGE writing at the back of the arena. So we knew who was coming out before they read it!!

So then MIKA came on, and all the people down the front went wild like they knew who he was!! And the biggest surprise for me was that all his band were there! Cherisse and Mikey and Martin I could see in the lights, Luke I assume was there, couldn't see him in the gloominess at the back. We didn't know they were coming too. But that means they will be in HK and Sydney this week too, I am sure now.

And Mika started with Love Today, a great BIG stage version of Love today, in the white jacket with the black embroidery that is in the video from the show. And my friends were waving to me from the arena floor, and so I thought, oh come on, what the heck, I will just get up alone and make a fool of myself. It took a lot of courage, but I stood up there DANCING and waving my MFC poster and singing loudly with MIKA like a true Mika Maniac.

Then he did a great rendition of Grace Kelly, with animals, lollipop girls, balloons, giant balls and bubbles. And the big girl with the pink hair and the pink shirt (me) danced her socks off and went wild ALL ALONE in the stadium seats, but I know that MIKA fans couldn't get tickets to be there because it was an MTV show, and next time in July it will be ALL MIKA fans, and we will have much more fun together.:biggrin2:

And then we had the post show traffic jam to get out the one exit...and you know the rest. No meetings, no autographs, and crushing disappointment.

But Mika LIVE was truly amazing, and I know he will be back and be around for a LOOOOONG time yet.

OH THANKS FOR ALL THAT BLUE SKY !!!! AND GOOD ON YOU FOR JUMPING UP & GOING CRAZY!!!:biggrin2: I know you have a mixture of feelings:blink:

BLUE SKY ... I just posted you on the other thread ...haha ... chasing you around this time !!! After your experience , I know we may not meet Mika ... i mean, he's not in his home town, & is going from hotel to hotel it just must be crazy for them ...:shocked: ... but we will see him perform... and we WILL represent MFC !!!!!:thumb_yello:

I posted on another as well! There is always next time Blue Sky...

He said he spent an enormous amount of money on Japanese toys. Then he said he really likes J-Pop stars like Bennie K, DJ Ozuma and then he said he is going to write the next Puffy song!!!:shocked:

Thanks for the report! That's great that the band are with him- I was thinking from your earlier report that Martin must have been the only one with him. I sent Luke a message on myspace asking if he was coming to OZ but hadn't heard back. I think it is really cute that his mum and sister come with him as well- what a proud mummy she must be! And now there is footage of you on her camera! I can't wait to see some more footage from the night.

The Experience Was Beyondeverything, So Next Time, When He Will Have A Concert Of His Own, You'll Get The Chance To Meet Him . Great Work And Thank You Very Much For Your Report.