The Canadian Thread

sunshine931

Here's us looking sad cause Mika's not there... you can see Gregory Charles in the background...

IMG_0961.jpg

But then.... after a while... we realised that Gregory Charles does, in fact, own !!! :punk: So there's us all happy !!!!! :biggrin2:

IMG_0962.jpg

From left to right : Me, Becky, Danie (Cassiopée) and Vincent (Danie's bf)

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was about to start Grade 10 so I'm not far behind you.

I'm glad you girls had a great time at the show yesterday! You look great!! :punk:

It was amazing!!! So glad I came!!! Everyone missed a great show!!!

Hey all ! I am Suzanne:) I met some of you on the chat last night!

how are you guys all doing? Where are you all located? Victoria BC here!

This is what I want to do ! As well as this fantastically Canadian Thread, will start the Cascadia/Northwest Thread because we need a concert in Vancouver and or Seattle! Either will do because they are very close to eachother!

Bring the countries together or get a big car pool road trip accross Canada going to a city farther away!

Suzanne:)

I was about to start Grade 10 so I'm not far behind you.

I'm glad you girls had a great time at the show yesterday! You look great!! :punk:

Finally...this is my first post after the long day of no access!

Thanks for the pics girls! Glad you had a great time!

Thx !!! we had an amazing time today too... we walked... A LOT !!!! Did the tourist thing and all... will post pictures later as we are now about to get ready to go clubbing !!! :punk:

Hey all ! I am Suzanne:) I met some of you on the chat last night!

how are you guys all doing? Where are you all located? Victoria BC here!

This is what I want to do ! As well as this fantastically Canadian Thread, will start the Cascadia/Northwest Thread because we need a concert in Vancouver and or Seattle! Either will do because they are very close to eachother!

Bring the countries together or get a big car pool road trip accross Canada going to a city farther away!

Suzanne:)

Hey there !! Welcome to the Canadian Thread !!! Unfortunatly creating another thread will not help you get a concert... the thing is this forum is huge and moving really fast !!! :wink2:

Okies! will refrain from a new thread!:) smiles! :)

Question of the night:

What part of Canada are you from and your first experience

knowing about Mika?

My official is seeing one of those videos (Love Today-about 2 months ago) at Silver City in Victoria

and hearing it on Satellite radio (Grace Kelly) in a Cafe called Dolce Vita about 6 months ago if that makes sense.

I am one of those fast and furious fans who have memorized the songs in 2 days. never happens to me ever except this time. and that is 20 years ago when I could do that. Its spooky

Suz

nice to meet you Sunshine! I want to go to Montreal some time... I went there on a school trip when I was 13 around 1986. Had so much fun! :) Went to Lennoxville and Quebec City too!

this is going to fun talking with all of you!

any BC folk out there?

What part of Canada are you from and your first experience

knowing about Mika?

I've lived in BC too (and London and Johannesburg), but spent most of my life in Toronto and live here now. I listen to Capital FM in London via the internet and they first started playing Grace Kelly in November to much fanfare/hype and I loved it immediately.

I heard about Mika's operatic training and saw his performance on Jools Holland so I knew he could sing live and decided to see him if/when he came to Toronto. A lot of new British artists take at least 6 months to start trying to break in North America and come here to play small clubs before they get any airplay.

I was in a shop in February and was shocked to hear Grace Kelly on a Toronto radio station and then they announced he was playing the MOD Club in March. I ran to the nearest computer and managed to get tickets although they sold out quickly afterwards. By the time he arrived in Canada, Life in Cartoon Motion was the number 2 album in the country and $15 tickets were being scalped for $100 outside the club.

When Mika came out and started singing Relax, Take It Easy I watched him very closely for a few minutes to be sure he wasn't lip synching. I mean, I knew there was no reason he would, I just couldn't believe what was coming out of his mouth. I've seen opera soloists perform at the Royal Albert Hall, but to hear someone sing pop music like that in a tiny Toronto club was surreal. By the time he'd finished up with a lion costume, lollipops, balloons and bubbles I was hooked.

Anyway to make a very long story short now I spend way too much time on MFC mooning over a 23-year-old pop star, but I love it :biggrin2:

We were hoping Mika would be back for a North American tour in September but he's not been feeling well. Maybe next year you can look for him to show up in Vancouver or Seattle. It will be worth the wait!

Here's us looking sad cause Mika's not there... you can see Gregory Charles in the background...

IMG_0961.jpg

But then.... after a while... we realised that Gregory Charles does, in fact, own !!! :punk: So there's us all happy !!!!! :biggrin2:

IMG_0962.jpg

aha that answers the question I asked you earlier. he's really cute! (and now I'll stop before she kills me :roftl: )

glad you had fun :wink2:

Hey Cattie! I'd keep an eye for Toronto too! Cheap plane tickets with West Jet are available at times. I would stay in a proper hotel, Last time i was in Toronto I stayed in an icky Hostel...more like Hostile...bad experience...

smiles

IMG_0961.jpg

IMG_0962.jpg

aaah vous êtes trop toutes mignonnes!

et mignon

:D

Hey Cattie! I'd keep an eye for Toronto too! Cheap plane tickets with West Jet are available at times. I would stay in a proper hotel, Last time i was in Toronto I stayed in an icky Hostel...more like Hostile...bad experience...

smiles

haha! That sux! :thumbdown: lol I live in London, Ontario, and my parents probably wouldn't even drive me to Toronto! I want to meet him soooo badly, and then see him live from a front row seat!! That would be the greatest! :naughty: Sorry, where do you live?

Cattie, I live in Victoria!!

long ways away!

May Mika come to Seattle and Vancouver.Preferably Vancouver so it will only cost me 10$ to get there and I an stay at my best friend's for free..of course she would be going there too!:) smiles

Cattie, I live in Victoria!!

long ways away!

May Mika come to Seattle and Vancouver.Preferably Vancouver so it will only cost me 10$ to get there and I an stay at my best friend's for free..of course she would be going there too!:) smiles

Yes, that is a ways away!

That would be awesome for you if he would go to Vancouver!! :biggrin2:

I dont think he's ever going to come to me :tears: And I just can't accept that

If he comes to Seattle and/or Vancouver, you can count on seeing me there! :punk:

Yes, that is a ways away!

That would be awesome for you if he would go to Vancouver!! :biggrin2:

I dont think he's ever going to come to me :tears: And I just can't accept that

Hey, if Mika won't come to you, then you must go to him.....I flew across the country to see him....except he wasn't there.....:blink:

I would definately do it again though!!!! He'll never come to Saskatchewan so I figure I will just have to make lots of trips out east!!!:roftl:

Hey, if Mika won't come to you, then you must go to him.....I flew across the country to see him....except he wasn't there.....:blink:

I would definately do it again though!!!! He'll never come to Saskatchewan so I figure I will just have to make lots of trips out east!!!:roftl:

Saskatchewan

:roftl: