Queeniac Club

mandilambi

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know! There have been a couple of concerts I've gone to have been Queen related...

Killers - Flash Gordon played

No Doubt - They played We Will Rock You as the opener

Green Day - they performed We Are the Champions

Hmm..I think that's it!

Hmmm. I didn't know The Killers liked Queen... I am definitely considering going to see them at the Sziget Festival on 14th of August :wink2: (as Mika has cancelled his performance)

I think performing We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions can be merely for reason of gaining popularity...

However, if you open your concert with Flash Gordon, you are either a die hard fan of Queen or the movie...

As for the influencers of The Killers, it's definitely Oasis... They acknowledged that too...

Hmmm. I didn't know The Killers liked Queen... I am definitely considering going to see them at the Sziget Festival on 14th of August :wink2: (as Mika has cancelled his performance)

I think performing We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions can be merely for reason of gaining popularity...

However, if you open your concert with Flash Gordon, you are either a die hard fan of Queen or the movie...

As for the influencers of The Killers, it's definitely Oasis... They acknowledged that too...

Yeh flash gordon , they opened Milton keynes with that , great start !

I also liked one vision as an opener :thumb_yello:

IT's BRIANS BIRTHDAY !!!!!!!!!!:mf_lustslow: :mf_lustslow:

I'll make a party alone :D :D and bake a cake lol

LOL!!!! So have you all ever really thrown parties for famous people's birthdays??

I threw one for Freddie and Brian at one time. I even taped it. It was so geeky...

Yes I was celebrating Freddies 60th birthday in Montreux with a lot of other queen fans, with peter freestorm (nice man) with Freddies mother and his sister, jim beach, rudi dolezal and many others

We ate cake and drunk some champagner and it was just amazing :punk: :punk: :punk:

Yes I was celebrating Freddies 60th birthday in Montreux with a lot of other queen fans, with peter freestorm (nice man) with Freddies mother and his sister, jim beach, rudi dolezal and many others

We ate cake and drunk some champagner and it was just amazing :punk: :punk: :punk:

wow!!!! LUCKY YOU!!! , I would love to have gone to Montreux Ive heard soo much about it , amazing!! , Im a tad jealous!

wow!!!! LUCKY YOU!!! , I would love to have gone to Montreux Ive heard soo much about it , amazing!! , Im a tad jealous!

Yes it was so near for me so I had to go :wub2:

It was so cool :punk: But I can't go this year :sad: I haven't got the money for it :thumbdown:

I love that picky!!!

I miss him ..... , the statue is huge

I know when I saw it for the first time I was so surprised that it's that huge :roftl:

wow I remember the day like it was yesterday when I was in Montreux for the first time:wub2:

I listened to " A winters tale" and then I saw the statue..

I got very teary-eyed :blush-anim-cl:

So quiet and peaceful

Tranquil and blissful

There's a kind of magic in the air

What a truly magnificent view

It's all so beautiful

Like a landscape painting in the sky :wub2: :wub2:

I know when I saw it for the first time I was so surprised that it's that huge :roftl:

wow I remember the day like it was yesterday when I was in Montreux for the first time:wub2:

I listened to " A winters tale" and then I saw the statue..

I got very teary-eyed :blush-anim-cl:

So quiet and peaceful

Tranquil and blissful

There's a kind of magic in the air

What a truly magnificent view

It's all so beautiful

Like a landscape painting in the sky :wub2: :wub2:

Amazing , did you see where he used to live?

Amazing , did you see where he used to live?

Yes I saw the lake house once but on a little boat-trip :biggrin2::wink2:

and I've already been to the garden lodge too and I saw Mary Austin there:shocked: and she went into the house and I was soooo jealous I wanted to follow her madly :shocked::roftl: :roftl:

Yes I saw the lake house once but on a little boat-trip :biggrin2::wink2:

and I've already been to the garden lodge too and I saw Mary Austin there:shocked: and she went into the house and I was soooo jealous I wanted to follow her madly :shocked::roftl: :roftl:

Great!!!!

I was in london for freddies tribute concert 91/92 ish , i meant to see garden lodge , wow!! seeing mary there :biggrin2:

The lake house .. i never knew that , bet it was beautiful

Is that the picture from made in heaven?

Great!!!!

I was in london for freddies tribute concert 91/92 ish , i meant to see garden lodge , wow!! seeing mary there :biggrin2:

The lake house .. i never knew that , bet it was beautiful

Is that the picture from made in heaven?

Yes it's the little house on the cover of made in heaven:wub2: :wub2:

I wish I could go to the tribute concert too but I was only 2 years old haha:roftl: But I've already been a Queen-fan then haha

"edi" (Freddie) was one of my first words lol :roftl:

Well, in 5 minutes I am going to change the first message on Mikasounds and send out the link to Brian's guestbook as well as his 'own' mailbox...

Should I mention the Queeniac club here?

Yeah, sure! I bet he'd get a kick out of it! Oh, and I signed your books...great idea. :)

Btw....HAPPY 60TH BIRTHDAY, BRIAN!!!!!

OK.. All behave now and stop talking about stalking M.A. :biggrin2: :biggrin2:

The book bang is superb that brian released this year .. very clever man:biggrin2:

Is it about astronomy in general or something special?

Yes I know this book but I didn't get the "I should be okay in Brian's books"??

Don't worry Violetsky. You are definitely OK in Brian's books as soon as he finds the spinning Red Special on Mikasounds ...:wink2:

:punk: :punk: :punk: