WHAT is it with wikipedia?

RosinaKiwi

WHAT is it with wikipedia? im sure it used to be a reasonably reliable source! BUT now whats going on with it i mean one day it says one thing the next it says another!

One day its like "Mik was only allowed to do this interview with the express permission of his partner Donella and apologises in advance if there is anything contained in here that would up set her."

The next its gone and then NOW it says something different!!Which i might add might be completely different tomorrow morning!! :thumbdown:

is anyone else having problems with wiki??

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i frogt hoe to regenister, im a memeber to be honnest i did it all for mika, but i clicked join when they had a ban on changing his page so it said like make a memeber name on top or something

It really pisses me off when they post stuff about him that isn't true. It's so rude! Why would someone spread wrong info about him? What if I spread something about a complete stranger saying that they dance with pelicans and eat olives with their toes? I don't think they would appreciate that...

Wikipedia is, despite what people think, pretty reliable. I think a study was conducted examining Wikipedia along with the other online encyclopedia like Britannica and whatnot, and they were all found to be around the same percent in accuracy. Pages that people really need reliable info from like articles about political figures, countries, events, etc, tend to be monitored pretty closely by administrators for vandalism, and when a page does get vandalized, it gets fixed very quickly. Pages like Mika's or other entertainers and celebrities are usually the ones where the most vandalism and inaccuracy happens, but those get fixed pretty quick too. I have an account there, and I admit that I have vandalized some pages of politicians a couple times,:naughty: but for one of those I got a warning that if I did it again my account would be deleted. :roftl:

i want to, so badly, vandalise like an important one like george wahsingtons and just write like he really loved brownies, he had a cat named comet and stupid things like that

i want to, so badly, vandalise like an important one like george wahsingtons and just write like he really loved brownies, he had a cat named comet and stupid things like that

haha...they'd probably not give you a warning for anything like that, but it'd get fixed pretty quick. I remember for a project awhile back I was rushing looking for info on Woodrow Wilson and printed his page out to take notes on. I didn't really read it until after I'd printed it, and when I did, I noticed the vandalism, right after the first paragraph. It was really hilarious, though, something about him liking to go skinny-dipping and bathing with his friends and singing and stuff. :roftl: :roftl:

haha yeah i really want to do it, i mean i think it wold be hysterical if someone had to do a report on someone and they copied an dpasted and they had weird info down like that