Mika in "Stars" Magazine (Dutch)

IngievV

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet and if not then, well here's the first time:

mikascan.jpg

mikascan2.jpg

It doesn't actually say things we don't know, but if anyone wants a translation, just scream.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as the whipping up song Grace Kelly sounds through your radio speakers, it is almost impossible that you don't think for one second: hey, that looks like Freddie Mercury! Mika is a multi-talent. The 23 year old curly-haired started his carreer as operasinger, then recorded several radiojongles, then worked on his debutalbum - which he wrote the lyrics for himself, and this summer he shines as a model for the advertismentcampaign of designer Paul Smith. Who is this Mika? And what for surprises has this guy got for us?

Who? Michael Holbrook Penniman, call name Mika. The shy singer has been born in Beirut and is the middle child out of 5. His mother is Lebanese, his father american. Because he has moved quite some time in his youth - from Beirut to Paris, from Paris to London - Mika couldn't get used at school. He often got picked on and they called him gay (What his sexuality is, stays a big secret). The consequence of all the bullying was that the 11-year old Mika got a nerve collapse and was dropping out of school.

What happened next? Because he had no friends, the boy found comfort in something else: Music! With the help of a Russian Singeducator, hired by his mother who home-schooled him, Mika climbed out of the dark hole. The Russian educator taught him to sing five notes high, which eventually led him to 'playing' the 'highest fiddle' in an opera at the Royal Opera House. Thanks to this performance, Mika got the chance to show what he could at the Royal College of Music. He appeared to be an excellent student and it didn't take long before he could start making money with radiojingles

The Road to Stardom? Not quite yet. However Mika earned a lot of money with his radiowork, he didn't see himself creating jingles for the rest of his life. "I was nineteen and thought: I seem crazy. What am I doing? Yes, I am good at making up funny, small songs. But I think it's time to learn something and graduate." After this he attented the London School of Economics for a study of Geographic. But you can guess, that didn't take long, Mika realized he had to go back to his old love: Music.

The big break? That won't take long. Once back in the bizz, the male version of Mariah Carey was signed up by both Casablanca Records as Universal Music. His first seven inch download release, Relax, take it easy, was launched last year and BBC Radio 1-dj Scott Mills made it record of the week.

Here and Now? Grace Kelly, the second song of the debutalbum Life in Cartoon Motion, is played regularly on MTV, while it first was only downloadable on the internet. It became, like they say in England, a smash hit. Mika wrote the sing when he was furious, because no record company believed in him. Grace Kelly was number one for 2 weeks in the British Singles Chart.

Next up? Mika's next single will be Love Today

Further? The singer secretly hates the fact that his brothers and sisters all got exotic names with special meanings. Like his brother Fortuné (Luck) and his sister Paloma (Dove ;)). Too bad for him Mika (or actually Mica) is Moroccan for Plastic bag.

That's all, sorry for the spelling mistakes, I'm not awake anymore

this bit had me rolling on the floor 'all got exotic names with special meanings. Like his brother Fortuné (Luck) and his sister Paloma (Pigeon). ' Ah yes mika u should be very jealous :thumb_yello:

Further? The singer secretly hates the fact that his brothers and sisters all got exotic names with special meanings. Like his brother Fortuné (Luck) and his sister Paloma (Pigeon). Too bad for him Mika (or actually Mica) is Moroccan for Plastic bag.

Thanks for the article !!

Paloma is spanish word for "dove", not "pigeon" actually... I'd rather be a plastic bag than a pigeon !!! :biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl: :roftl:

Thanks for the article !!

Paloma is spanish word for "dove", not "pigeon" actually... I'd rather be a plastic bag than a pigeon !!! :biggrin2::mf_rosetinted:

oh good i was wondering why they'd wanna name their daughter after a pigeon, but doves are way better (and more symbolic) than pigeons... i hate birds either way :naughty:

Thanks a lot for posting and translating!

Actually I was not aware that there is a big difference between a pigeon and a dove LOL

What is it exactly? Is a dove a white pigeon? :shocked: (I never got very deep into ornithology - LOL)

and: 'the male version of Mariah Carey'

- the day this happens I'll be out of here :bleh:

Thanks a lot for posting and translating!

Actually I was not aware that there is a big difference between a pigeon and a dove LOL

What is it exactly? Is a dove a white pigeon? :shocked: (I never got very deep into ornithology - LOL)

and: 'the male version of Mariah Carey'

- the day this happens I'll be out of here :bleh:

I don't really know ornithologically speaking actually :blink: But doves symbolize PEACE and pigeons, CRAP... :naughty:

edit : LONG LIVE GOOGLE : no difference between pigeons and doves... Doves are white pigeons :biggrin2:

I don't really know ornithologically speaking actually :blink: But doves symbolize PEACE and pigeons, CRAP... :naughty:

edit : LONG LIVE GOOGLE : no difference between pigeons and doves... Doves are white pigeons :biggrin2:

Good to have your (and Google's) confirmation, Yoppappop :thumb_yello:

Almost thought I'd die untaught :shocked:

Maybe a colloquial difference? So I guess it's rather the pigeons that are to be called the 'rats of the air' instead of the doves, right? :blink:

Good to have your (and Google's) confirmation, Yoppappop :thumb_yello:

Almost thought I'd die untaught :shocked:

Maybe a colloquial difference? So I guess it's rather the pigeons that are to be called the 'rats of the air' instead of the doves, right? :blink:

Yeah, pigeons are the rats of the sky...

Doves really are the symbole of peace, only cause they're immaculate white... But they're only white pigeons...

Imagine if they had talked about a PIGEON in the Bible, instead of a DOVE ??? I think the book wouldn't have been a best-seller... :naughty:

And what if Prince had sung When PIGEONS cry ??? Not the same success i assume... I love this song... The dove version...

Isn't that discussion ABSOLUTELY interesting ????????

oh and there was me thinking doves where pretty white birds (well they are but now that they're white pigeons thats completely different)... hate pigeons, always bloody ****ting on u lol, anyone been shat on by a bird? :naughty:

oh and there was me thinking doves where pretty white birds (well they are but now that they're white pigeons thats completely different)... hate pigeons, always bloody ****ting on u lol, anyone been shat on by a bird? :naughty:

Oooooh :no: You're ruining the decency :no:

Just kidding !!! Answer : no, never had that chance :lmao:

Oooooh :no: You're ruining the decency :no:

Just kidding !!! Answer : no, never had that chance :lmao:

lmao :blush-anim-cl: i'm sorry lol... i have :( but luckily only on my arm (and i was wearing a puffer jacket), but supposedly it brings good luck?

lmao :blush-anim-cl: i'm sorry lol... i have :( but luckily only on my arm (and i was wearing a puffer jacket), but supposedly it brings good luck?

I think someone who was ****ted on by a pigeon invented that good luck stuff...

I have a friend who received "luck" in her hair... She was feeling soooooo lucky !!! :naughty:

I think someone who was ****ted on by a pigeon invented that good luck stuff...

I have a friend who received "luck" in her hair... She was feeling soooooo lucky !!! :naughty:

and did anything lucky happen to her?