Hi from Leeds (Yes went to the gig last nite)

biggirlcaz

Hello all!

Went to the gig last nite at Leeds Uni WOW:biggrin2: I am now officially a Mika fan. A friend had tickets and her friend pulled out and I got 2 go, how glad am I..........He was fantastic. If any1 was there the soggy wait was worth it and I mean soggy. Was very impressed with Mika's vocals......WOW what a singer and the show, for a smallish venue was brilliant, the ending especially, silver ticker-tape, balloons...fantastic. Would love to go see him again and recommended him to everyone in my pub when i got home. Did feel a little old tho.....but i'm a young 34 year old:wink2: In my head! Thanks Mika if ur out there!

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Another convert!

I hope you will enjoy it here, it's a very friendly forum.

Last night at Leeds though there was a problem with some MFC members, they weren't allowed in, so we are all waiting to hear from them, what happened and how they are feeling.

Anyway, come and join in on the discussions and enjoy!

BTW was there a support act?

Hello all!

Went to the gig last nite at Leeds Uni WOW:biggrin2: I am now officially a Mika fan. A friend had tickets and her friend pulled out and I got 2 go, how glad am I..........He was fantastic. If any1 was there the soggy wait was worth it and I mean soggy. Was very impressed with Mika's vocals......WOW what a singer and the show, for a smallish venue was brilliant, the ending especially, silver ticker-tape, balloons...fantastic. Would love to go see him again and recommended him to everyone in my pub when i got home. Did feel a little old tho.....but i'm a young 34 year old:wink2: In my head! Thanks Mika if ur out there!

welcome onboard! glad to hear some goods news from Leeds....

listen, as we are trying hard to avoid repeated threads, can you pls. go on reporting and commenting in the exstisting thread?

her you have the link:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1233

i'm an olderling too, but, as you well said, age is not relevant data, when we talk about mad love for Mika!!!

hope to speak to you later, also in the fabulous 'the oldling thread'!!!

Last night at Leeds, was BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hubby and I got to the venue for 4.30 pm, Steph (Babygirl.6151) and her mate were already there and had been allowed to wait in out of the rain, along with a man and his wife(?) and a couple of young girls ... however the wife (of the couple), despite being told NOT to go in to listen to the soundcheck, pushed her luck (silly thing to do ...) so all 6 were put back outside, where the rain was just pouring down ...

anyway! doors opened at 7.30 and we were right down at the front, slightly to left hand side ... what a fantastic gig, probably the best of the 3 we've been to so far (ie Newcastle and Cockpit in Feb, and then last night).

There were 2 cover versions, plus a new song (I have a photo of the setlist, plus Steph was handed a setlist at the end of the night). They ended with Lollipop and this time, there were huge balloons being kicked/thrown about, bubble machines at each side of the stage, and silver tape showered down on us for (what seemed like) most of the song.

In between, there was a visit from a Big Girl (not actually a big girl at all! very glamorous looking), during "Big Girl you are beautiful - obviously!), plus Mika was joined during Happy Ending by a girl, who I presume was Lollipop Girl in another guise, to sing with Mika. Plus the band came back on stage in teddybear, elephant, etc costumes, to the tune of "Teddybears' Picnic" just before the encore.

Afterwards we were lucky enough to meet Mika again, for photos/signings etc, as well as Luke, Cherisse and Mike. I was pleased too that Mika remembered me from Newcastle (I had not volunteered the information, he asked me how my name was spelt, and when I told him, he said "oh! you were at Newcastle weren't you"). That was nice!

It was great to see how the set is progressing even just over the last few months and how Mika seems to be "settling in" to it all.

Thanks Mika and his band, for another fantastic night ... our getting drenched because of our dogged persistence in not deserting our post, at the front of the queue, paid off.

A quick mention must also go to Pull Tiger Tail, again a brilliant support - I hadn't thought anything could top Leon and Raiyn, but PTT were very energetic, very noisy and went down soooo well!

What a night!

Hey, welcome to the forums!!!! Biggirlcaz and Angelic, thank you for your wonderful stories, it sounds like it was an amazing night for you!!!

I'm going to Mika's gig tonight and really looking forward to it, will share my story later!!!!!

Hello all!

IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and welcome! :biggrin2:

Hello all!

Im really pleased you had a top night :biggrin2::thumb_yello: