Are there any Rufus Wainwright fans here? I have been a huge fan of his for many years and am really looking forward to buying his record this week! I am sure it will be fantastic just like all of the rest have been.

I also found out last night that he is, indeed, going to be touring in my home state, so I am so happy about that! I got into Rufus right when my boyfriend and I began dating, so his music is special to us. We're excited at the idea of finally getting to see him perform his songs live. :)

So anyone else? Favorite record? Or favorite song? Discuss!

I must say I adore 14th Street!

sry I don't really know who he is...but ur taste in music is great so I should check him out!

any suggestions?

*okay...just checked him out on iTunes...they gave his album "Poses" a great review...released in 2002 am I right???? that was a while ago...does he have any new material??? lovely voice...

I'd def suggest you check out his version of the song "Hallelujah." It is really beautiful! His voice is gorgeous...

Other songs that I personally love: Beauty Mark, Danny Boy, Little Sister, April Fools, In My Arms, The Art Teacher, Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk....just to name a few. :)

I'd def suggest you check out his version of the song "Hallelujah." It is really beautiful! His voice is gorgeous...

Other songs that I personally love: Beauty Mark, Danny Boy, Little Sister, April Fools, In My Arms, The Art Teacher, Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk....just to name a few. :)

he covered "halleluja"!?!??!

gotta check that out, it's one of my favorite songs ever!

thanks!

Yaay! A new fan! I am sure you will enjoy his music. His music is very sophisticated...he always uses lots of instruments, orchestras, etc...and his lyrics are fabulous too. :)

i love a solid lyricist...its a dieing breed...

thats why i'm in love with Alex Turner of the Arctic Monkeys...really witty

No kidding, I just got an Arctic Monkeys cd today! Still haven't had the chance to hear it yet...Now I'm curious. :)

OHHHHHHHHH!!! I PICKED IT UP ON SUNDAY!!! DAMN ITS GOOD!!!

A great album...a great follow up to "Whatever People Say I Am, Thats What I'm Not"

I was not disappointed at all!!! They didn't pull that second album bulls**t that alot of bands seem to do thats for sure!!!!

:thumb_yello: :thumb_yello:

have u always been a fan or did u just pick it up??

i was supposed to go to their show in NYC...but i'm going away:thumbdown:

I am new to their music, though I have heard of them! My boyfriend suggested them to me, so I just got the cd today. I will have to let you know my thoughts once I get the chance to listen to it!

Oh, and that sucks about the concert...I hate when that happens!!!

I am new to their music, though I have heard of them! My boyfriend suggested them to me, so I just got the cd today. I will have to let you know my thoughts once I get the chance to listen to it!

Oh, and that sucks about the concert...I hate when that happens!!!

tell me about it....:sneaky2:

PM ME ONCE U LISTEN TO IT!!!

u have to get their first one...the two together link up nicely...

SOUNDS LIKE UR BOYFRIEND HAS GREAT TASTE IN MUSIC...thats something i'll look 4 lololo

i love having music dissussions...the only place i can have them is on the web because my friends aren't into the same kind of music!:thumbdown:

oh...listen to the lyrics carefully...like i said there is some witty witty stuff in there...

"use to get in in ur fishnets now u only get it in ur nightdress" lololo...thats a great line..Turner has tons of great lines

I'll be sure to pm you! lol at those lyrics...he sounds great! Now I am excited to listen to it...

Yeah, my bf does have good taste (dare I say it's because of me...? LOL! kiddinggg! ;) ) Oh, and I am exactly the same. Talking about different musicians and my favorite music is what I love to do. I guess the internet is really good for discussing these things in particular!

I'll be sure to pm you! lol at those lyrics...he sounds great! Now I am excited to listen to it...

Yeah, my bf does have good taste (dare I say it's because of me...? LOL! kiddinggg! ;) ) Oh, and I am exactly the same. Talking about different musicians and my favorite music is my most favorite thing. I guess the internet is really good for discussing these things in particular!

obviously u love Gwen (i do to!) what other music are u into?????

and yes...the web is a great place for great music disscussion, but i love getting into it with other ppl...i can pretty much tell u everything you'll ever need to know about U2 and (deep breath) QUEEN!

some of Turners lyrics are genuis...

"Everybody's trying to crack the jokes and that to make you smile

Those that claim that they're not showing off are drowning in denial

They're not half as bad as me say anything and I'll agree

When it comes to acting up, I'm sure I could write the book"

oh, you are awesome....LOL! Yeah, I do love Gwen (especially with No Doubt) and Queen is actually my all-time favorite band!! So I guess we could both share stories about them since we're probably both miniature experts concerning them. ;)

Um, other bands I love would be the Killers (just saw them last Friday and it was awesomeeeee)... umm...Mika, of course... :) I also love Elton John, Hot Hot Heat, the Beatles, Lily Allen (though I find her kind of annoying as a human being...ahem), Franz Ferdinand, ELO, Boston, Keane, Rufus! (lol), Relient K, Sherwood, Del Amitri, Muse, the Pretenders, the Bee Gees, the Goo Goo Dolls, Brian Setzer Orchestra....and that's all I can think of!

You? :)

Oh, and those lyrics are good! I'm interested to see what sort of melody goes along with the lyrics.

oh, you are awesome....LOL! Yeah, I do love Gwen (especially with No Doubt) and Queen is actually my all-time favorite band!! So I guess we could both share stories about them since we're probably both miniature experts concerning them. ;)

Um, other bands I love would be the Killers (just saw them last Friday and it was awesomeeeee)... umm...Mika, of course... :) I also love Elton John, Hot Hot Heat, the Beatles, Lily Allen (though I find her kind of annoying as a human being...ahem), Franz Ferdinand, ELO, Boston, Keane, Rufus! (lol), Relient K, Sherwood, Del Amitri, Muse, the Pretenders, the Bee Gees, the Goo Goo Dolls, Brian Setzer Orchestra....and that's all I can think of!

You? :)

NO DOUBT GWEN IS THE BEST GWEN!!!

OKAY...HERE I GO!

-Franz Ferdinand

-Lily Allen (Poor Girl Flipped The S*** On MySpace...U HEAR ABOUT THAT?:shocked: )

-U2 (...Love Them...THATS ALL I LISTEN TO)

-Elton John

-The Killers

-Led Zepplien

-No Doubt

-AC/DC

-Queen (...Queen, Enough Said...)

-Pink FLoyd

-Arctic Monkeys

-The Strokes

-MIKA

soo many...love all the bands u put down

OLD SCHOOL I KNOW...:):)

Did you know No Doubt is reuniting in 2008?? The band has said numerous times that after Gwen's concert, they'll be going into the studio...CAN'T WAIT!!

What's this about Lily Allen??? She's in the news all the time....she seems like a spoiled brat, but I can't help but like her songs...lol.. I was going to go to her show (bought tickets and everything) and then she cancelled her US tour. *growl*

I like the ones on your list too! Old school is the best. I think that's one thing I love about Mika. He's got a classic rock thing about him that is so appealing. :)

I am sort of new to Rufus Wainwright. Me and lexilovesmika02 have a teacher who introduced me to Rufus's music early last month and I absolutly love him. I mean his vocals are pure genius.

Glad to see another fan! And I agree about his vocals. I think he is so underrated (at least here in the US). I am shocked that he is still a fairly unknown artist. I hope this tour helps him out though. That's one thing he has lacked, I think - touring in the US.

Did you know No Doubt is reuniting in 2008?? The band has said numerous times that after Gwen's concert, they'll be going into the studio...CAN'T WAIT!!

What's this about Lily Allen??? She's in the news all the time....she seems like a spoiled brat, but I can't help but like her songs...lol.. I was going to go to her show (bought tickets and everything) and then she cancelled her US tour. *growl*

I like the ones on your list too! Old school is the best. I think that's one thing I love about Mika. He's got a classic rock thing about him that is so appealing. :)

Thats one of the reasons I love him so much to...old school Pop/Rock with a modern flare...ver very appealing!!! (thanks Mika!)

WELL THAT LILY ALLEN KID IS IN THE US...AND SHE FLIPPED OUT ON MYSPACE...AGAIN!!!

check out her blog...she said she "spent the whole night crying about how fat she was...blah blah blah..." whatever she was probally super drunk..go on perezhilton.com he's got all the details

she also went all out on Winehouse...but I don't like her...she was a B**** TO BONO...didn't stand up for his acceptance speech...he went out of his way to intoduce himself to her and she refused to shake his hand!!! (grrrr)

:biggrin2: oh yeah...NO DOUBT...IT'S BEEN SOOO LONG!!!! I new they where gonna get back together I read all that stuff!!!":biggrin2:

come to think of it they never really broke up in the first place

Even though he has five albums out what kinda holds an artist back in the US is a person's sexual orientation. I find that very sad because the only thing some people are care about is if people are homosexual and in the states that sometimes makes a big difference in someones career and that could partly be why. And the tour will probably launch him futher.

i love rufus wainwright,. i actually found out about him a couple years ago because of shrek :blush-anim-cl: haha i loveed the way he sung hallaluah (did i spell that right lol). his voice is so captivating!

yea i really like 14th street, in my arms, beautiful child, cigarettes and chocolate milk, danny boy

ooh and arctic monkeys are awsome :thumb_yello: