I love him I love him I love him.

That was 3 hours of amazingness. I was the youngest person there by about 10 years but WOW...the obsession grows hahah

Managed to spend over £40 on merchandise.. I'm currently wearing my 'Between My Legs' shorts.

Soooo glad with the set list he did too! He did Poses which he hasn't been doing at some of the others and The Art Teacher and a sans microphone version on Mecusla which was amazing!

I need to sleep now though because I have to be up in 5 hours!

I love him I love him I love him.

That was 3 hours of amazingness.

Oh I'm so envious! I had tickets to see a taping of an intimate performance he did for Bravo but was struck with a family crisis that day. :tears:

Oh and I'm pretty sure I bumped into Lily Allen on the way out.... She blew smoke in my face so I did a fake choke so she'd get the hint then realised who it was. It was either her or a very good look-alike!

:naughty: That sounds like her. There's a $1,500 fine for smoking in a Toronto club but she decided to take her chances and light up anyway.

Aw, Christine, I never heard about your not getting to see him. Hopefully you will get another chance!

Yeah I hope so too. I have to contact the woman at Universal who put me on the guest list. If there are any Mika guest lists in the future I don't want to be written off for not showing!

Just happened to see this thread on the first page a few minutes after I

got this email from the 9:30 Club (which is where MIKA performed here

in June) -- if any Rufus fans here are in the DC area you might be interested :)

Singer-songwriter and pianist Rufus Wainwright (son of Loudon Wainwright III and Kate McGarrigle) garnered critical success with this year's Release The Stars. Now, Rufus is taking his folk/pop music to a new stage with his opera, Prima Donna, which he plans to start writing next year. Rufus Wainwright is playing two special solo performances over one weekend at 9:30 Club this December. With his half-sister Lucy Wainwright Roche opening the show, this is one family affair worthy of a standing ovation.

Surprise! At the Club!

RUFUS WAINWRIGHT

w/ Lucy Wainwright Roche

Friday, December 21 & Saturday, December 22

8pm Doors

click here to purchase Friday tickets

click here to purchase Saturday tickets

I had previously heard about his opera. I am so excited about it! Who better to write an opera than Rufus??

I heard that he's writing it in French. I don't speak French. :tears:

If "Do I Disappoint You?", "Oh What A World" and "Millbrook" are any indication, his opera is going to be absolutely brilliant. :wub2:

I've had the Moulan Rouge (sp?) sound track for the longest time and the song in french is my fav. song. I only just found 2 days ago that it was him!!! I absolutely love that song, it's so relaxing and his voice is great!

• 2 months later...

I definitely will!!!!!!! :harp:

I'm gonna do it on next Thursday when they start to sell the tics. I have to be quick to get mine cuz the venue here is really small and many people are interested in him. Wish me luck girls! :biggrin2:

BTW small venue should be fine with him I think? It's very intimate, absolutely fabulous quality of sound and great view. :thumb_yello:

I definitely will!!!!!!! :harp:

I'm gonna do it on next Thursday when they start to sell the tics. I have to be quick to get mine cuz the venue here is really small and many people are interested in him. Wish me luck girls! :biggrin2:

BTW small venue should be fine with him I think? It's very intimate, absolutely fabulous quality of sound and great view. :thumb_yello:

Definitely! The smaller the venue the better in my opinion.:thumb_yello:

Definitely! The smaller the venue the better in my opinion.:thumb_yello:

Yay, sounds great! :thumb_yello:

Does anybody know his set list? I love his version of Hallelujah and it'd be lovely to hear in his concert. :wub2: