So I was sitting in a pub, the second thursday in a row and it was karaoke night. I was immediately accepted into the group of musical theatre lovers after my first performance of Love Today. I happened to mention to a starlet girl named Catherine that I wanted to do a really theatrical version of Release the Stars one day when I learned how to reach a few notes that I'm having trouble with and she said "Oh yeah, he's coming to Wellington isn't he?" I was like :jawdrop: and screamed. I turned to my mother who sat at another table and said "RUFUS IS COMING TO WELLINGTON!" with eyes bright.

She looked at me with a smike and said "I know."

This was only about 2 weeks ago and I was quite hurt that she hadn't told me that he was coming as she knows how much I adore Rufus. But lets face it, she doesn't like him and she's a bit selfish when it comes to musicians she doesn't like. I did ask why exactly she hadn't told me and she simply said because she didn't want to drop me off and pick me up from the venue. To which I turned to Granddad and said "Will YOU pick me up and drop me off?" and he said if I got the tickets, he'd take me.

She would have known THAT too but this isn't about my anger at my mother, it's about Rufus's show.

So I started saving but I knew I wouldn't get enough before Christmas. The front tickets were $98 and before Christmas, I had only $36 but I knew I'd get a little from some person as gifts and I could make the rest selling homemade fudge to the oldies in the retirement village. My mother wouldn't help me because she said she hates his music and makes her want to top herself. I kept going.

So I got the money for Christmas and Granddad called ticketek this morning and the front row seats are all sold ut. It turns out the tickets have been on sale for a long time now and my mother had really kept if grom me for a while.

I am legally blind and would have had so much trouble so as far as I could see, it was over and I couldn't go. But she was so selfish a monster to have not told me and now I couldn't actually SEE Rufus. I know she isn't very happy in her life and she makes herself feel better by making others feel really bad, but that was harsh even for her. I decided she was being a horrible person and I wasn't going to let her win. So we went to the ticket office and saw where the closest available seats were. The best one was a seet in row E.

That's like the back of the back. Granddad was really sad for me but I bought it. He found some binoculars for me and said that I should try and sneak down during the start of the show and stand in front. I decided that because the back row was $15 cheaper than the front row, that was $15 to put towards seeing Mika.

She hates Mika too.

So I was wondering what advice the Ruru-meeters may have for getting to where he is before/after the show or if you might know a thing or two about typical venues.

I was drawing on my experience with James Blunt's show last year (April 30 2008) that I could wait for a few hours beforehand and be front of the que and just go down the front. Do you think I might have an usher by chance?

before the shows, i have no idea. maybe stop into the restaurants or bars that are in the area? as for after the show, look for a large group of people that are hanging around the building, or go around to the stage entrance. he'll usually come out from there. he has to leave sometime :thumb_yello:

So I was sitting in a pub, the second thursday in a row and it was karaoke night. I was immediately accepted into the group of musical theatre lovers after my first performance of Love Today. I happened to mention to a starlet girl named Catherine that I wanted to do a really theatrical version of Release the Stars one day when I learned how to reach a few notes that I'm having trouble with and she said "Oh yeah, he's coming to Wellington isn't he?" I was like :jawdrop: and screamed. I turned to my mother who sat at another table and said "RUFUS IS COMING TO WELLINGTON!" with eyes bright.

She looked at me with a smike and said "I know."

This was only about 2 weeks ago and I was quite hurt that she hadn't told me that he was coming as she knows how much I adore Rufus. But lets face it, she doesn't like him and she's a bit selfish when it comes to musicians she doesn't like. I did ask why exactly she hadn't told me and she simply said because she didn't want to drop me off and pick me up from the venue. To which I turned to Granddad and said "Will YOU pick me up and drop me off?" and he said if I got the tickets, he'd take me.

She would have known THAT too but this isn't about my anger at my mother, it's about Rufus's show.

So I started saving but I knew I wouldn't get enough before Christmas. The front tickets were $98 and before Christmas, I had only $36 but I knew I'd get a little from some person as gifts and I could make the rest selling homemade fudge to the oldies in the retirement village. My mother wouldn't help me because she said she hates his music and makes her want to top herself. I kept going.

So I got the money for Christmas and Granddad called ticketek this morning and the front row seats are all sold ut. It turns out the tickets have been on sale for a long time now and my mother had really kept if grom me for a while.

I am legally blind and would have had so much trouble so as far as I could see, it was over and I couldn't go. But she was so selfish a monster to have not told me and now I couldn't actually SEE Rufus. I know she isn't very happy in her life and she makes herself feel better by making others feel really bad, but that was harsh even for her. I decided she was being a horrible person and I wasn't going to let her win. So we went to the ticket office and saw where the closest available seats were. The best one was a seet in row E.

That's like the back of the back. Granddad was really sad for me but I bought it. He found some binoculars for me and said that I should try and sneak down during the start of the show and stand in front. I decided that because the back row was $15 cheaper than the front row, that was $15 to put towards seeing Mika.

She hates Mika too.

So I was wondering what advice the Ruru-meeters may have for getting to where he is before/after the show or if you might know a thing or two about typical venues.

I was drawing on my experience with James Blunt's show last year (April 30 2008) that I could wait for a few hours beforehand and be front of the que and just go down the front. Do you think I might have an usher by chance?

Wow! What a story! So sorry to hear that your mom didn't tell you that he was coming! The thing is to focus on the positive!!!! NOW, you HAVE a ticket! :clap: You are gonna be there in the SAME room with him! :swoon: And to tell you the HONEST truth - it really does not matter WHERE your seats are cause as LONG as you can hear him that's ALL that matters! TRUST ME . . . I spent 90% of the time during my shows with my eyes closed anyways - just taking in the music and letting his voice run through me like a freight train! :wub2: And the other 10% of the time I was crying and could not see a thing anyways cause my eyes were beyond blurry! IT'S SO worth it! His voice is AMAZING live. It will bring you to your knees! AND just as meeting him is pretty much a miss or hit - just like with Meeks . . . the chances are GOOD and definitley on your side! SO FIND the back entrance after the show and WAIT! Rufus seems to come out quicker then Mika - I never had to wait for Rufus more then an hour, and usually NOT even that long! AND it is SO worth the WAIT!~:swoon: He is aaahh okay I can't find the words. I just KNOW I am NOT the same person I was BEFORE I met Rufus! He has touched my life in ways that are indescribable! As far as seeing him before the show - that is most likely not going to happen. I mean it would be a total MIRACLE if it did! And the venue is seated - so there is NO going down to the front. People do not 'stand' during a Rufus show (unless it is General Admission) like they do for Mika. Everyone will stay seated throughout the show. So like I said: THINK POSITIVE! You are going THAT is the first big YAY!!! And after the glorious show - wipe the tears from your eyes . . . find the back entrance and commit to the location! I have a GREAT feeling you WILL meet him! I wish you the BEST of luck!!! :huglove:

it scares me too :boxed:

we got to see the evolution of the verdi beard. at one point he looked like a homeless man :roftl:

i was also disappointed to hear that jorn doesn't have a super thick german accent. that's how i imagined him.

The homeless man was hott . . . :naughty: Okay, so he is hot no matter WHAT! Creepy beard - homeless man - the list goes on and on . . . and dang I was shocked hearing Jorn for the first time too - in <my mind> he could not even SPEAK English - so IMAGINE my surprise!!! :lmao:

The homeless man was hott . . . :naughty: Okay, so he is hot no matter WHAT! Creepy beard - homeless man - the list goes on and on . . . and dang I was shocked hearing Jorn for the first time too - in <my mind> he could not even SPEAK English - so IMAGINE my surprise!!! :lmao:

yes, he was :mf_lustslow:

me too!!!! all i've really heard from jorn is him singing silent night in german, and him speaking the talking part of between my legs. so to me, he really shouldn't speak such perfect english. oh well :roftl:

i loved how rufus was trying to school kate on opera. and all the home movies!!!! young skinny rufus, was an awkward skinny rufus!

yes, he was :mf_lustslow:

me too!!!! all i've really heard from jorn is him singing silent night in german, and him speaking the talking part of between my legs. so to me, he really shouldn't speak such perfect english. oh well :roftl:

i loved how rufus was trying to school kate on opera. and all the home movies!!!! young skinny rufus, was an awkward skinny rufus!

OH gawd the home movies! :roftl: He was like the cheesiest B Grade movie actor in history! :aah: WHAT a l o n g way from THAT to playing Jeremy in Heights! I MUST buy that movie! Rufus is SO freaking HOTT in that movie - and he is SO Rufus . . . he did not HAVE to 'act' at all for that part! :das:

before the shows, i have no idea. maybe stop into the restaurants or bars that are in the area? as for after the show, look for a large group of people that are hanging around the building, or go around to the stage entrance. he'll usually come out from there. he has to leave sometime :thumb_yello:

Hahaha sorry, I read that with a picture of a fangurl foaming at the mouth saying that particular line :roftl:

(Not that I think you're a scary Ru-stalker it was just funny)

did anyone watch the prima donna documentary that was on sundance, last week?

Was that the vid they/he posted on the Facebook page?

Wow! What a story! So sorry to hear that your mom didn't tell you that he was coming! The thing is to focus on the positive!!!! NOW, you HAVE a ticket! :clap: You are gonna be there in the SAME room with him! :swoon: And to tell you the HONEST truth - it really does not matter WHERE your seats are cause as LONG as you can hear him that's ALL that matters! TRUST ME . . . I spent 90% of the time during my shows with my eyes closed anyways - just taking in the music and letting his voice run through me like a freight train! :wub2: And the other 10% of the time I was crying and could not see a thing anyways cause my eyes were beyond blurry! IT'S SO worth it! His voice is AMAZING live. It will bring you to your knees! AND just as meeting him is pretty much a miss or hit - just like with Meeks . . . the chances are GOOD and definitley on your side! SO FIND the back entrance after the show and WAIT! Rufus seems to come out quicker then Mika - I never had to wait for Rufus more then an hour, and usually NOT even that long! AND it is SO worth the WAIT!~:swoon: He is aaahh okay I can't find the words. I just KNOW I am NOT the same person I was BEFORE I met Rufus! He has touched my life in ways that are indescribable! As far as seeing him before the show - that is most likely not going to happen. I mean it would be a total MIRACLE if it did! And the venue is seated - so there is NO going down to the front. People do not 'stand' during a Rufus show (unless it is General Admission) like they do for Mika. Everyone will stay seated throughout the show. So like I said: THINK POSITIVE! You are going THAT is the first big YAY!!! And after the glorious show - wipe the tears from your eyes . . . find the back entrance and commit to the location! I have a GREAT feeling you WILL meet him! I wish you the BEST of luck!!! :huglove:

I am happy to have my ticket and, as I said, that's $15 more to go to Mika's show! :boing:

I am incredibly greatful to be seeing him at all, it's just that I'm a visual person and I always watch when I go to shows because I want to be a performer when I'm older and going to his and Lady Gaga's show (in April) I feel may also be benaficial to my, as Greg Wells put it in his masterclass session, knowledge tank. But Granddad is going to give me his binoculars to use which I did when I was 7 and going to Hi5's concert.

Yeah I think it is seated. It's a shame that it is seated (I checked the plan again) but I'm glad to be there in the first place :wink2:

Do you advise scoping out the place a few hours before the show and seeing where the back entrance is?

I will do some digging to see how big exactly the Rufus fanbase is in NZ because if it's anything like Mika, there'll be about 10 people who'll be like us (fangurls and what not).

Anyway, thanks so much for your advice, it means the world to know you say you have such a good feeling :huglove:

Do you advise scoping out the place a few hours before the show and seeing where the back entrance is?

I will do some digging to see how big exactly the Rufus fanbase is in NZ because if it's anything like Mika, there'll be about 10 people who'll be like us (fangurls and what not).

Anyway, thanks so much for your advice, it means the world to know you say you have such a good feeling :huglove:

Definitley - go and scope the venue out before hand!!! That is ALWAYS a MUST! That way you can find the right spot - and after the show, you can just go there immediately and wait!!!! REMEMBER - all the venues are different, and it dosen't necessarily have to be a 'door' where he will come out. THAT is why it is imparative to scope it well. My first time meeting Rufus - he came out in a vehicle through a gate in the back of the venue. If by ANY chance you happen to see any one around that works there - 'get in good with them' and ASK questions! :thumb_yello: Yeah, I imagine that there will be like 10 people waiting and EVEN that small number will dwindle as the minutes tick by! :rolls_eyes: Try not to be fangurlie in front of him (it makes him uncomfortable) Save that for when he leaves!!! :teehee:

:fangurl:

You are gonna MEET him! And I want a detailed report! I miss him SO much! :tears:

Definitley - go and scope the venue out before hand!!! That is ALWAYS a MUST! That way you can find the right spot - and after the show, you can just go there immediately and wait!!!! REMEMBER - all the venues are different, and it dosen't necessarily have to be a 'door' where he will come out. THAT is why it is imparative to scope it well. My first time meeting Rufus - he came out in a vehicle through a gate in the back of the venue. If by ANY chance you happen to see any one around that works there - 'get in good with them' and ASK questions! :thumb_yello: Yeah, I imagine that there will be like 10 people waiting and EVEN that small number will dwindle as the minutes tick by! :rolls_eyes: Try not to be fangurlie in front of him (it makes him uncomfortable) Save that for when he leaves!!! :teehee:

:fangurl:

You are gonna MEET him! And I want a detailed report! I miss him SO much! :tears:

I was planning to get there quite a few hours before because of my sight imparement and I wanted to give Granddad and his lady friend some time alone while I go be scary-fan before Ruru comes in (get it out of my system :fangurl:) and so I'll go check out the venue during such time. Also is it worth me trying to chat to fans who will inevitably join me in the que? Or will they just think I'm a weirdo?

I know that on average, if a Mika fan (the typical sort with the typical atributes such as the dress sense and singing at random and artistic, indavidualist type) meets with a typical Fratallis fan, though I love both acts, they probably won't have much to talk about and would probably get a bit awkward.

So will I just be looked at funny? I'd love to make some new Ru-friends :wink2:

Ah, ok, how do I approach if in a vehicle? Surely that's undoable? Or did he actually get out?

Ok, I won't be fangurly. How best to be? Can I be flirty or cynical at all? Can he take a joke or a teasing jab? I know Mika can but I know some celebs get a bit funny about it.

Ok, what questions to ask people who work there?

Of course! This'll be the first place I go afterwards and YES a detailed report, I promise you that for all your helpful and kind advice and help :huglove:

Can I see if I can get an autograph for you maybe?

Okay for starters no body really 'queues' for a RuRu show. :rolls_eyes: The earliest I have ever seen people arrive is like 30 minutes before the doors open. So that is roughly an hour before show time. So, Of course just as I am always one of the first there for a Mika gig - same goes with a RuRu show! :teehee: As far as the fans - that is a tricky one. All I can really go on is experiences in America. Although I would not be surprised if some of the people that were at my shows would be at your also! He has this 'group of fans from the Rufus Wainwright message boards <boardies>) and he calls them: 'The Britt Pack' they go absolutely EVERYWHERE! Boy, would I like to have one of their jobs to be able to travel all over the world like that! :doh: Anyways . . . they are the kind that are nice enough to your face, but REALLY not very 'nice' at all . . . and they are SO OVERprotective of him - it is ridiculous . . I swear they THINK they own him! It's pathetic really. When waiting for the venue to let us in . . . no one talked to us - people just stood around and stared at everyone. WEIRD. BUT - once we got into the venue (only to stand and wait half an hour to go to our seats) the people behind us were SO friendly and we chatted with them the whole time - it was great! So really it is a judgement call on your part. You can kinda tell (for the most part) the ones that will WANT to talk with you - and not look at you like a total FREAK! :roftl: Definitley try and talk - cause you will FIND the 'good eggs'. A LOT of Rufus fans are just plain weird! In my experience . . . okay - all the MIKA fans that are RuFans are FANTABULOUS! Beautiful people!!! It's the ones that are just RuFans . . they are mostly gross. SNOTY people with HUGE attitudes! Oh, I do hope it is different where you are! I mean WHO knows . . everyone at your show might be GREAT! *fingers crossed*

If he comes out in the vehicle he will get out. What happened for us was . . . okay - the vehicle pulled out and his assistant (Kelly) got out and told us that he had to be somewhere but, he would do a quick signing! :biggrin2: He got out and worked his way down the line. MY ADVICE . . . do not stand at the beginning of the line!!!!! Stay towards the back . . . you just seem to get more time and attention there! Just be yourself!!!! Rufus can TOTAL take a joke! He is AWESOME!!!! Just goup to him and say whatever you want - ask for an autograph . . .and if you ask for a picture he WILL say Y E S! :wub2: SO, GET a pic . . .cause then you will have it to cherish for the rest of your life!!!!

Questions for the venue staff . . . just try and find out where the backstage entrance/exit is located. If you see a security guard anywhere go and talk with him (MAKE NICE) cause that could play a key part in you meeting Rufus. <again ALL venues are different> Just don't RELY on any staff as far as beleiveing he is not coming out - BECAUSE they ALWAYS tell us that he is NOT coming out - then we JUST stay there and wait . . and GUESS what - sure enough he comes OUT. So NEVER beleive security if they are being jerks! Just don't give up. I really don't KNOW why they say that . . but, they DO!

Yay :clap: I can't wait for your report!!!! I hope that Rufus makes your dreams come true the way he did mine! :fangurl: And that is SO SO SO sweet o you to ask . . . BUT, this is Y O U R time! Take it and enjoy it! I have my autographed copy of the poem I wrote for him . . . and I have HIGH HOPES that I will get the chance to see him again one sweet day! GOOD LUCK!!!! :huglove:

LOL, I'll still be there several hours before :roftl:

Yeah I was thinking about the Twilight fans when I went to the premiere of New Moon where I was there at 8pm when the before screening of Twilight was on at 9:30 and the ACTUAL premiere was at 12:01am and I met up with a friend who happened to be there and this stupid woman started talking to us and asked me if my friend, Alicia, was my little brother. Poor alicia was like "Um... I'm a girl..."

Ruru gives me the air of having fans who are a little snotty (the only-RuFans) because he is quite um... Classy?

Not that Meeks isn't classy but he's also quite different to Rufus if you know what I mean :wink2:

LOL I'm pretty sure the KiwiRuFans will be the same. Kiwis are known for having tall poppy syndrome. I was thinking of wearing a red and white striped blouse under a denim halterneck dress with waistcoat and 1930's circa men's jacket with tails. It looks better than it sounds, honestly! I bed someone's going to look at me funny for that but I bet Rufus would like the red and white blouse and the contrast with the dark colours of the denom and black jacket.

ANHHOO He sounds really sweet! I really love his music and I read heaps on him after I saw the video for "Going to a Twon" (it took me THAT LONG because I knew Mika liked him but H HATED him until I saw that particular video and for some reason something clicked and I suddenly really liked him. The same thing happened with Mika and GK video. I hated Meeks at first too!) But I don't know the first thing about Rufus Etequit so I'm a bit blind here.

-CONTINUED BELOW (damn smileys)-

Ok, picture, autograph, *Remembers* I'll go away and find something for him to sign...

Ugh, from my experience, venue staff are a pain! But I know from reading reports on MFC that security and staff often tell you he's not coming out. But what goes in surely MUST come out! :roftl: so I'll take an umbrella just in case. Jee this is going to be a big bag I will take! I could put Rufus inside it and run away :mf_rosetinted:

Oh what poem did you write? I don't think I've seen it...

Did you se the thread I made ages ago where there is a pic of Rufus at glastenbury (I think) and Mika at the EMA's and they are wearing the same broach?

I love that they both did that though I doubt anyone else could carry that broach off half as well as they did. It's not the prettiest thing but they made it beautiful :fangurl:

I will wish it to come true and for you to meet him again! I can see that you are an even bigger fan than me!

Well, I think the poor woman who sold me the ticket would depate that but I broke down in front of her and cried when I saw how far away I'd be sitting and was doing a terrible job trying to suck it up :roftl:

Karma is a wonderful thing to wonderful people of which you are one Holly :huglove:

Okay - this is the BEST example for you!!! I should have thought of this earlier!!!! :lmao: Here is a video of my FIRST time meeting Rufus!!!! :fangurl:

You will see how the typical signing goes!!!! Aaaahhhh . . .

I am with him from 1:45 - 2:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYiz8gZgrI

:wub2:

I can't see the whole video because my computer keeps going to the start and then refusing to play it again each time I refresh but I saw the British lady get her moment! AAAH He's so lovely!

Do you think I could give him a pretty flower? Like a rose or something? A huge bunch would just take up heaps of room I think maybe...

Ahaha I loved how she was like "Aaaah :fangurl: when she stepped away!

Thanks, I'll have a look later when the server isn't so busy and maybe it'll let me see you :wink2:

Okay - this is the BEST example for you!!! I should have thought of this earlier!!!! :lmao: Here is a video of my FIRST time meeting Rufus!!!! :fangurl:

You will see how the typical signing goes!!!! Aaaahhhh . . .

I am with him from 1:45 - 2:15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUYiz8gZgrI

:wub2:

hahah! that's my video!! good times, very good times.

i like that it only has 69 views :das:

EDIT: i just watched it, and had a tiny freak out because I MET RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!!! it just hit me again! :naughty:

hahah! that's my video!! good times, very good times.

i like that it only has 69 views :das:

EDIT: i just watched it, and had a tiny freak out because I MET RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!!! it just hit me again! :naughty:

Hahaha aaaw, I actually said "Aaaaw" when I read that!

I met a hero of mine when I was 11 and I started crying because suddenly I felt like nothing mattered accept for THAT MOMENT and all the bullies at school and the teachers who marked me wrong could wait because time had frozen for all but the three of us (him, me and my mother who took the photo :wink2:) so I always love to hear other people's stories because it makes me feel happy to know that other people experience such happiness :tears:

Hmm, wereally need a "Wipes tear* smiley...

That's FUNNY! We always say the same thing . . . in a way it is as if Rufus is 'classy' . . . .and Yeah totally NOT that Mika isn't . . . it is JUST so different! :roftl: I LOVE the outfit you are gonna wear! Sounds fabulous!

As a 'rule' venue staff are usually a pain . . . BUT there are always exceptions - THAT is why I KEEP saying that all venues are different because it is SO true! I have encountered GREAT staff - and then JUST once had the WORST and that happened to be a Mika show! :sneaky2: I did see the pics of the broach! Funny to think they have the same taste! :naughty:

Here is the poem I wrote for him . . . .

(there are only 2 copies in the world - I have the autographed one and he has the original! :wub2:)

Wandering aimlessly like a ship without a sail. Holding my head scarcely above water with seemingly no avail. Blue skies fade to darkness - not a single rainbow in sight... rough waters await me, as I firmly close my eyes. When out of the darkness there comes a sound so bright. It was the sound of the song, that became my light.

His words are with me, even on the darkest of nights. Comfort and calming - still much like suicide. When he sings, oh how my heart does melt. When he opens his mouth to speak - I can feel my soul burning like hell. He tortures me with his talent, then murders me with his sight. So beautiful is the angel who sings to me the music of the night.

Music be with me, like the drug of my choice. Fallen hook, line and sinker from merely the sound of his voice. He moves me in a way which could never be described. The desire of every woman - blind to his gay pride. How could one blame me, when it was his music that brought me to life.

Powerless to his perfection. Even his flaws are seemingly as such. My

O N L Y wish within this life is to let him know how 'profoundly' my life - he has touched.

Thank you for the music and the words that lit a fire within my soul. Thank you for the passion and may your conviction never grow cold. Thank you from the depth of my heart, which is far too heavy to hold. One last thing in closing - which could have been written all it's own .. thank you for being RUFUS, and writting the greatest songs the world has ever known. ♥

Thanks, I'll see if I can upload a pic sometime before then. I think a pink or red rose. But then also a fuscha maybe. Sadly, they're really LITTLE!

I'll keep that in mind. It made my Granddad's girlfriend laugh when I told her I'd wear something showy and stuff my bra and then use my pretty colours and big innocent eyes to make the male staff put me in the front row seat of someone who had not shown up :roftl:

That is SUCH a gorgeous poem! I really feel your passion and sincerity through your writing. You're talented!

and Martha Wainwright HERSELF told Tanya that she: QUOTE: "has serious problems" So you KNOW that is bad! :roftl: She is totally obsessed with the whole Wainwright family. :mf_rosetinted:

:boxed:

• 2 weeks later...
Question: What merch can be bought at Ruru concerts and is it worth me saving for it?

Or could I get the same stuff from his website?

OMG . . .to be completely HONEST - I do not remember there being ANY merchandise at ANY of the shows!!! :boxed: I mean really . . .hhhmmm I would say - just get it from the website. FOCUS on Rufus at the show! :das:

OMG . . .to be completely HONEST - I do not remember there being ANY merchandise at ANY of the shows!!! :boxed: I mean really . . .hhhmmm I would say - just get it from the website. FOCUS on Rufus at the show! :das:

Oh wow!

I remember on the way out from James Blunt there was a whole stall thing with food and drink and merch and everything...

Wow, Rufus culture is really different :roftl: Lucky I have such a good teacher! :wub2:

On anothernote: Mika vs. Rufus. I know you'll be fair Holly! (because I chose Rufus)

http://pollpigeon.com/rufus-wainwright-vs-mika-who-wore-it-best/r/105065/

Oh wow!

I remember on the way out from James Blunt there was a whole stall thing with food and drink and merch and everything...

Wow, Rufus culture is really different :roftl: Lucky I have such a good teacher! :wub2:

On anothernote: Mika vs. Rufus. I know you'll be fair Holly! (because I chose Rufus)

http://pollpigeon.com/rufus-wainwright-vs-mika-who-wore-it-best/r/105065/

I know what you mean! I can honestly say I do not remember EVER being at a concert that DID NOT have merchandise . . . and that stems from Styx - to New kids on the block - to The Phantom of the Opera! :naughty: Most have TONS of merch . . . but, NO - not Rufus! He has to be different from the pack in everyway! BUT, just because he did not have ANY merch on his little tour of Florida . . . does not necessarily mean that he NEVER does!? I really can't answer that . . .cause Florida is the only place I have seen him. But, generally speaking - either an artist has it or just dosen't and quite frankly I think Rufus just does not have time for merch at his shows! :roftl: The SHOW is all you need . . .to stay happy for a VERY long time to come! And of course he always leaves you wanting MORE MORE MORE :das:

Oh . . . . I was fair . . . I looked and well . . . I had no choice but to vote for Rufus! :rolls_eyes:

I know what you mean! I can honestly say I do not remember EVER being at a concert that DID NOT have merchandise . . . and that stems from Styx - to New kids on the block - to The Phantom of the Opera! :naughty: Most have TONS of merch . . . but, NO - not Rufus! He has to be different from the pack in everyway! BUT, just because he did not have ANY merch on his little tour of Florida . . . does not necessarily mean that he NEVER does!? I really can't answer that . . .cause Florida is the only place I have seen him. But, generally speaking - either an artist has it or just dosen't and quite frankly I think Rufus just does not have time for merch at his shows! :roftl: The SHOW is all you need . . .to stay happy for a VERY long time to come! And of course he always leaves you wanting MORE MORE MORE :das:

Oh . . . . I was fair . . . I looked and well . . . I had no choice but to vote for Rufus! :rolls_eyes:

OMG GUESS WHAT!

My mother's boyfriend said to her on sunday "Come visit me" so she booked a flight and meant to book for tuesday morning to fly there and friday to drive back but accidentally booked for monday which was the very next day. Granddad was VERY unamused as he had to go to hospital on Tuesday so I would be all by myself for Tuesday night (I'm not the sort to be good with being left my myself) so I used the oppertunity to take advantage of my mother's guilt.

She was all "I'm SO sorry! I didn't realise that TODAY was the 10th!"

So I asked her "Please look in the music shops for "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright"

Well she MUST have been feeling guilty for leaving me because she actually BOUGHT it for me!

First she ordered it, but then she found it in another shop so bought it there and texted me saying "Hes pretty cute 4 sum1 hu sings like crap"

NO REPLY :roftl:

Well she complimented him...

I mean, that was a miracle in itself. You have no idea what she's like with my music!

Yeah merch isn't so important at shows anyway seeing as it probably IS stuff you can buy off the net. like Mika's shows right?

I've been thinking about it as I wrote this post and thought that I didn't want to hang around about merch anyway if I was hoping to meet Rufus. WHICH I AM :P

OH THANK YOU! :bow:

I was the only one of 15 votes who voted Rufus!

Yasmin Alhilli (a celebrity in her own right) even said Rufus wore it better!

Hey, Rufus fans don't like twitter do they? :huh:

OMG GUESS WHAT!

My mother's boyfriend said to her on sunday "Come visit me" so she booked a flight and meant to book for tuesday morning to fly there and friday to drive back but accidentally booked for monday which was the very next day. Granddad was VERY unamused as he had to go to hospital on Tuesday so I would be all by myself for Tuesday night (I'm not the sort to be good with being left my myself) so I used the oppertunity to take advantage of my mother's guilt.

She was all "I'm SO sorry! I didn't realise that TODAY was the 10th!"

So I asked her "Please look in the music shops for "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright"

Well she MUST have been feeling guilty for leaving me because she actually BOUGHT it for me!

First she ordered it, but then she found it in another shop so bought it there and texted me saying "Hes pretty cute 4 sum1 hu sings like crap"

NO REPLY :roftl:

Well she complimented him...

I mean, that was a miracle in itself. You have no idea what she's like with my music!

Yeah merch isn't so important at shows anyway seeing as it probably IS stuff you can buy off the net. like Mika's shows right?

I've been thinking about it as I wrote this post and thought that I didn't want to hang around about merch anyway if I was hoping to meet Rufus. WHICH I AM :P

OH THANK YOU! :bow:

I was the only one of 15 votes who voted Rufus!

Yasmin Alhilli (a celebrity in her own right) even said Rufus wore it better!

Hey, Rufus fans don't like twitter do they? :huh:

eeeekkkkkk! Poses is ONE of the BEST RuAlbums of ALL time!!!!! :swoon:

Greek Song - LOVE IT

Grey Gardens - LOVE IT

The Consort - MY FAVE!!! I put that song on repeat all of the time and listen over and over and over - I LOVE his voice on that song!!!! And sometimes it even makes me cry! I am such a sap! But, OMG - - - I could die *happy* listening to Poses - OH and POSES itself , , , what a SONG!!!! :stretcher:

Nope they do not like twitter - I told you . . . most of them have their heads so far up their arses they can not even see the sunshine! :roftl: Sad but true!

eeeekkkkkk! Poses is ONE of the BEST RuAlbums of ALL time!!!!! :swoon:

Greek Song - LOVE IT

Grey Gardens - LOVE IT

The Consort - MY FAVE!!! I put that song on repeat all of the time and listen over and over and over - I LOVE his voice on that song!!!! And sometimes it even makes me cry! I am such a sap! But, OMG - - - I could die *happy* listening to Poses - OH and POSES itself , , , what a SONG!!!! :stretcher:

Nope they do not like twitter - I told you . . . most of them have their heads so far up their arses they can not even see the sunshine! :roftl: Sad but true!

I know right?

Rebel Prince is the first song I wrote into my "Inspirations" book full of lots of writing from around the place that I like muchly.

I was writing this novel called Ruby Schnapps and Vaudeville Mishap and it's of 3 parts, 1st night at the club, schoolday and 2nd night at the club.

In the schoolday, I wanted to have a character who was a little bit like Rufus and I named him Prince (after Rebel Prince) but then I decided he'd be her best friend but be the evil twin of 2 because I was sick of it always being about the "Good" twin.

So Prince became the last name of Silas and his good twin Sylvan. I got both those names from Sylvan Lanken (Rufus's cousin from the Mitten Strings) and Silas is a variation of Sylvan meaning the same thing but I thought Sylvan sounded nice and Silas sounded cool but a little bit evil :roftl:

I love poses, Cigerettes and chocolate milk, Greek Song, Tower of Learning, Across the Universe :wub2: California is so true! And I love In a Graveyard!

But I don't so much like the Cigerettes... remix (sorry Greg!)

I also wanted that album because it's special as it's the only songs I liked when I first started to like Rufus. I saw Going to a Tow in tv and somehow, seeing the video something clicked and I just GOT it and decided I DID like him so when I looked up songs of his, I still didn't like anything besides Poses, Grey Gardens and fell in love with Rebel Prince!

Also I felt like it'd look the best signed if I did get something signed :wink2:

I just assumed they'd have twitter to follow Rufus...

Edited by Lolliepop_girl