Yes, Marianne, I live in St Petersburg, it's not far away from Finland at all, so we all go there pretty often (to buy cheaper clothes, actually :biggrin2: kidding))

but I've never seen Rufus before... That's why I want it so much! I would like to meet him and say some nice things because he deserves it :original:

They were about 50 euros for the Helsinki gig too.

Wow that's a lot! :blink:

Here in Portugal they were 40 euros max.

Mine is for the balcony, 2nd row, and it was 35 euros.

I can't remember if there were cheaper tickets for this concert, but 50 euros for our great seats isn't so much. :thumb_yello: I mean it could be worse. When Madonna came to Helsinki the cheapest tickets were 100 euros. :blink:

Ouch! :aah:

Man, they think we rob banks for living or something? :roftl:

I think 50 euros is okay, especially for this guy :teehee: .

Here in Russia we have two ticket categories: quite cheap (20 euros for Keane gig, for example) and quite expensive (like 60 for Franz Ferdinand). Though sometimes there's something in between, too :original:

I'm still weeping for my 110-euro-U2-ticket (to the 360° gig in August), that was really a little too much :boxed:

I think 50 euros is okay, especially for this guy :teehee: .

Here in Russia we have two ticket categories: quite cheap (20 euros for Keane gig, for example) and quite expensive (like 60 for Franz Ferdinand). Though sometimes there's something in between, too :original:

I'm still weeping for my 110-euro-U2-ticket (to the 360° gig in August), that was really a little too much :boxed:

Well, I guess it depends on the country, the economy, and also the way people see gigs.

I really DON'T think 50 euros is ok for a one artist gig (Rufus or any other), and if I'd pay that for every gig, I'd be broke in less than a year. :roftl: I'm not saying I wouldn't go to those gigs, but I think they really abuse sometimes! :boxed: For people who go to many gigs, it's too much. :aah:

Here we have also those "categories", for example 20-40 euros for "normal gigs", in a regular venue (usually the gigs with seated places are more expensive and/or have a widest range of prices) and then we have the "big" gigs, in stadiums. Those usually go from 45 to 80 or 90 euros. (actually U2 are an exception, I believe they have more expensive tickets than the usual...LOL).

I guess the most expensive ticket I bought was to a Rolling Stones gig...it was 60 euros! (worth every cent, I must say! But still, too much, IMO). :aah:

Mary, I know that, and it breaks my heart! I often can't afford all the gigs I want to attend so I have to choose.. besides, not all of the artists come to Russia (like Mika, yes), so if you decide to go abroad for a gig you certainly pay several times more :sad: . And no way to make things better, I'm afraid :dunno:

But there are some artists for whose gigs I'm ready to give these 50 euros without any hesitation or regrets (though Franz Ferdinand were pure disappointment, after all). Yes, I will whine and complain and think about robbing a bank... but I'll pay anyway :aah:

Mary, I know that, and it breaks my heart! I often can't afford all the gigs I want to attend so I have to choose.. besides, not all of the artists come to Russia (like Mika, yes), so if you decide to go abroad for a gig you certainly pay several times more :sad: . And no way to make things better, I'm afraid :dunno:

But there are some artists for whose gigs I'm ready to give these 50 euros without any hesitation or regrets (though Franz Ferdinand were pure disappointment, after all). Yes, I will whine and complain and think about robbing a bank... but I'll pay anyway :aah:

Exactly... and sometimes it's so hard to choose! :aah: (well, I can't complain so far, I have tickets for Mika and Rufus, and I plan on going to a festival, just need to choose which one :naughty:)

Oh yeah, I'd gladly pay a bit more for a Mika gig, for example. But many people wouldn't, and then we have great gigs that are not sold out, and that's sad, because the artists deserve a full venue, and its so much better for the audience too... :wub2:

I've already listened to it for like twenty times :wub2:

I must confess, I really miss the orchestra and all the multi-instrumental arrangements, they were one of the main reasons I fell for Rufus' music. Though I still think the new stuff is absolutely stunning... and I like the intimacy it. Easy to imagine that he's singing these songs just for me :wub2:

Last night on American Idol Ellen mentioned RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!! :swoon: I was SO happy to hear his name on National television!!!! Not just that BUT - the NUMBER 1 SHOW in America!!!! I bet tons of people googled Rufus last night!!! :wub2:

I've already listened to it for like twenty times :wub2:

I must confess, I really miss the orchestra and all the multi-instrumental arrangements, they were one of the main reasons I fell for Rufus' music. Though I still think the new stuff is absolutely stunning... and I like the intimacy it. Easy to imagine that he's singing these songs just for me :wub2:

I don't have it yet... I've ordered it from a Finnish record store, it will be published here on 14th. And now I really can't wait, I wish I had ordered it from somewhere else to get it earlier, lol :biggrin2:

I don't have it yet... I've ordered it from a Finnish record store, it will be published here on 14th. And now I really can't wait, I wish I had ordered it from somewhere else to get it earlier, lol :biggrin2:

I'm sorry if it's a spoiler but the new album is mostly just Rufus and his piano. There's no orchestra and even no backing vocals... but I must say it again - the beauty of these songs makes me close my eyes and imagine that there's no one else but me and him (and the piano, yeah :biggrin2: )

I hope you'll get the album asap (only a week left, it's not much after 3 years!) and appreciate it for yourself!

I'm sorry if it's a spoiler but the new album is mostly just Rufus and his piano. There's no orchestra and even no backing vocals... but I must say it again - the beauty of these songs makes me close my eyes and imagine that there's no one else but me and him (and the piano, yeah :biggrin2: )

I hope you'll get the album asap (only a week left, it's not much after 3 years!) and appreciate it for yourself!

I have a feeling that I'm going to love it, Rufus and his piano :wub2:

I do not have the new album YET! But, I am SUPER excited about it! The first time I get to listen to it - I am going to lock myself up in my room ALL alone and fully enjoy it! IS IT GONNA MAKE ME C R Y!? :teehee:

Last night on American Idol Ellen mentioned RUFUS WAINWRIGHT!!! :swoon: I was SO happy to hear his name on National television!!!! Not just that BUT - the NUMBER 1 SHOW in America!!!! I bet tons of people googled Rufus last night!!! :wub2:

She did?!?! OMG of course the one night I couldn't watch! Looking it up online to watch now..

EDIT:

YAYY! I love Ellen.

about the 5:00 mark Edited by mel_tinydancer

She did?!?! OMG of course the one night I couldn't watch! Looking it up online to watch now..

Y E S - my FAVE contestant Shioban <however the heck you spell her name> sang ACROSS THE UNIVERSE . . . and Ellen said - Rufus Wainwright did a beautiful cover of this song! I was S C R E A M I N G in the living room - all NON adoring eyes on ----> the C R A Z Y woman <------- . . . ME! But, I did not care - cause AAhhhhh Rufus Wainwright - that name JUST has the MOST beautiful ring to it! :rolls_eyes:

:fangurl: