Y E S - my FAVE contestant Shioban <however the heck you spell her name> sang ACROSS THE UNIVERSE . . . and Ellen said - Rufus Wainwright did a beautiful cover of this song! I was S C R E A M I N G in the living room - all NON adoring eyes on ----> the C R A Z Y woman <------- . . . ME! But, I did not care - cause AAhhhhh Rufus Wainwright - that name JUST has the MOST beautiful ring to it! :rolls_eyes:

:fangurl:

BTW, I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound! Those stupid hackers.. :sneaky2:

You really need to hear the new album it is so amazing... i cried a lot which means you're going to cry a LOT LOT! laksjhdfl i love it so much, I can't stop listening to it. :mf_lustslow:

BTW, I'm glad to hear you're safe and sound! Those stupid hackers.. :sneaky2:

You really need to hear the new album it is so amazing... i cried a lot which means you're going to cry a LOT LOT! laksjhdfl i love it so much, I can't stop listening to it. :mf_lustslow:

Thank you SO much! What a day yesterday was! :aah:

Oh MY Goodness! I am crying already! :crybaby: LOL oh no . . . YEp that means I am gonna cry me enough tears to fill the ditch in the backyard! :teehee: I am SO anxious to get it - I can hardly WAIT!~ I am SO hooked on RuMusic I NEVER seem to listen to Meeks hardly ever anymore! I mean I pull out my MP3 player and feel overwhelmingly compelled to go STRAIGHT to Want One - it is like a routine - same every time - I don't know what it is and THEN Movies of myself!~ :roftl:

my favourite line so far is

"how can someone so bright love someone so blue? guess the world needs what I have and what you do" :wub2:

HollyD, pay special attention to it :wink2:

Aaaahhh :swoon: he is the greatest lyricist in da WORLD! :fangurl:

my favourite line so far is

"how can someone so bright love someone so blue? guess the world needs what I have and what you do" :wub2:

HollyD, pay special attention to it :wink2:

ahh I know I love that song. It just shows how amazing of a lyricist he is... since he can put his lyrics right in a row with Shakespeare's and they are equally beautiful.

Anyone knows the setlist for his latest gigs?

I'm gonna see him in about a month and I have no idea what to expect! :aah:

Supposedly the first half of the song is dedicated to the new album, and then he's doing a poll right now to see what people want to hear for the second half of the show.

Poll is here! http://www.rufuswainwright.com/setlistpoll/Default.aspx

Supposedly the first half of the song is dedicated to the new album, and then he's doing a poll right now to see what people want to hear for the second half of the show.

Thanks!! Voted :thumb_yello: I wish I could have voted more favorite songs, one of my absolute favorites is not high on the list...

Oh

I voted for Going to a Town but looks like there are very few of my kindred spirits :crybaby:

Still hope to hear it at the gigs though :teehee:

I voted for Art Teacher. :wub2: I might have voted for Going To A Town, but it has too few votes to win.

Going to a Town is my other favorite, I can't believe it has so few votes :blink: I love it :wub2:

New album is beautiful. And he's playing an outdoor picnic concert on Hampstead Heath in the summer - fantastic - a gig I can walk to in five minutes! :biggrin2:

3rd of July, right? Oh God, I should find a way to get to London at the right time :pinkbow:

Thanks! I voted for Poses. You too, HollyD? :teehee:

I agree with tiibet, I wish it would be possible to vote more than just one song. There are so many amazing songs on the list. :wub2:

Thanks! I voted for Poses. You too, HollyD? :teehee:

I agree with tiibet, I wish it would be possible to vote more than just one song. There are so many amazing songs on the list. :wub2:

I agree having to pick JUST one is :aah: But, YES Anzuzu - of course I chose Poses! :swoon: I have only heard it live ONE time, and I cried all the way through it! :crybaby:

:wub2:

I found an article about Rufus Wainwright in a Swedish newspaper:

http://www.dn.se/kultur-noje/skivrecensioner/rufus-wainwright-all-days-are-nights-songs-for-lulu-1.1077163

Translation::wink2:

One can approach the supernatural in many ways. Rufus Wainwright argues that most of us have some sort of motherly watchful spirit within us, a dark being that we must free ourselves from in order to live our own life. But that will always remain, ready to haunt you when the opportunity shows itself. His own he has named Lulu (after a German inter-war film) and with his new album, he offers her twelve songs as "victims", to possibly be able to detach itself. Or so she at least not for themselves to "cross the street and make sure he gets arrested."

For an artist so colourful and bushy as Rufus Wainwright, this is no surprise. Not more than at some of his stage costumes, or sudden jumps genre to the opera or sonnets (a song from his French opera "Prima Donna" and set to music three Shakespeare sonettes included here). He is the kind of artist who can work almost anywhere and still appear to be only himself, unmistakable in its identity. So, I expect his reconstruction of Judy Garland live album from 1961 - twelve years before his birth, with his parents in the audience - as one of his most personal works. Of course, with mother Kate and sister Martha as sponsor.

Advertisement:

Now turns out parts of the new album are just about the two. Kate died recently, Martha became the mother shortly before. The "Martha" he notes that the age difference between siblings become increasingly irrelevant over the years, while the need for contact with the father now has become stronger. The whole album is also dedicated to his little sister, and one can only speculate on how Lulu react to such a thing.

In many ways it is a typical Rufus Wainwright album. His way of writing songs is unmistakable, his way of singing them even more. In both cases, it is about any towed and suspended. As all the melodies may be just as reluctant to come out into the world and each song phrase that seem theatrically pulled out, no matter how naked and it happens to be frank. A similar inertia that characterises Radiohead, but in those lacking the nuances of kitsch and posture that is everywhere in Rufus Wainwright.

While this is also a very unusual Wainwright Disc. Since it is a solo album, in the true sense. Only Rufus himself, his voice and his piano playing, in contrast to past trends against the magnificent and multi-layered.

In a sense you could say that it does not make much difference. He is so wonderfully like, as creamy and perfectly elastic moment. But this time you have to listen carefully to escape into. Once attention starts to droop let the music monotonous and his intensity troublesome, ideally you should sit with the texts before you, and follow every syllable (few English-language singers are equally careful to give each syllable position).

And even if you do just that and finds himself captivated by the beauty of Shakespeare's "Sonnet 20" or the hilarious Broadway in "Give Me What I want and give it to me now!" It is still difficult to not know how to display these Songs literally crying out for a large and significant moves of the orchestra, one corresponding to Rufus Wainwright artistic dimensions. Solo is just not his best sport.

Best track: "The Dream"

I hope it makes some kind of sense in English!:thumb_yello:

Alright, looks like I won't be able to make it to Helsinki... just found out that I have a reeeeaally important exam - exactly on 25th May! No way to postpone it to some other day... Now that's what I call being depressed :crybaby:

everyone should immediately say how sorry they are, just to make me feel a little better)

also, now I have a not-useful-anymore ticket, if anyone needs it.

Alright, looks like I won't be able to make it to Helsinki... just found out that I have a reeeeaally important exam - exactly on 25th May! No way to postpone it to some other day... Now that's what I call being depressed :crybaby:

everyone should immediately say how sorry they are, just to make me feel a little better)

also, now I have a not-useful-anymore ticket, if anyone needs it.

Oh, no, so sorry to hear that :tears: That is a really bad luck.

On the other hand, better to have an exam on Rufus day than on Mika Day?? I'm not sure if this makes you feel any better (and I'm SO sorry Rufus I said that!!) :aah:

On the other hand, better to have an exam on Rufus day than on Mika Day?? I'm not sure if this makes you feel any better (and I'm SO sorry Rufus I said that!!) :aah:

Thing is - I've already had a Mika day but haven't seen Rufus live yet... that was my next "checkbox" :huh:

thanks for support anyway, tiibet - I hope this wasn't my last chance to ever see Rufus :original:

Thing is - I've already had a Mika day but haven't seen Rufus live yet... that was my next "checkbox" :huh:

thanks for support anyway, tiibet - I hope this wasn't my last chance to ever see Rufus :original:

Awwww, I understand :huglove: I haven't seen Rufus live either, I have really no idea how it is. He touring a lot though, I hope you can find another suitable date.

:jawdrop:B L A S P H E M Y :jawdrop: