Mika fans needed for channel 4 documentary

TBA

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Bexxy. Please don't rip your hair out.........you would look a bit odd when we all end up on the prog together! I hope you managed to get it sorted, it is a nighmare when things don't go right isn't it. I think my CD should have arrived with them today.

I hope Sara gets on ok

Phew its ok my hair is SAVED i managed to sort it out Nero can be a bit funny with me sometimes :boxed:

Now i just have to post it off today :thumb_yello:

Oh yes Sara our thoughts are with you today Hope you get on alright

Hmm and this thread basically Mika is doing a secret concert in June and they are looking for some die hard fans to be interviewed on Channel 4 ....hmm thats about it the whole thread summed up :naughty:

Well, in a nutshell..............Channel four are asking for 'die hard Mika fans' to take part in a documentary. We don't know how many they want. Those that can get to London are doing a screen test and those that can't are sending in a video answering the questions. The videos are generally coming out too long to attach to an email (as there are lots of questions and once we get talking about Mika we can't stop!) so we are posting them

Phew its ok my hair is SAVED i managed to sort it out Nero can be a bit funny with me sometimes :boxed:

Now i just have to post it off today :thumb_yello:

Oh yes Sara our thoughts are with you today Hope you get on alright

Hmm and this thread basically Mika is doing a secret concert in June and they are looking for some die hard fans to be interviewed on Channel 4 ....hmm thats about it the whole thread summed up :naughty:

Well done! I thought we might be ssing you in a wig!

Well, in a nutshell..............Channel four are asking for 'die hard Mika fans' to take part in a documentary. We don't know how many they want. Those that can get to London are doing a screen test and those that can't are sending in a video answering the questions. The videos are generally coming out too long to attach to an email (as there are lots of questions and once we get talking about Mika we can't stop!) so we are posting them

A screen test? I could get to London as long as its after the 13th june XD

Are you sure its a real camera crew?

Well, we are assuming so. The address to post to is shepherds Bush so it seems legit. Send them an email, the addy is at the begining of the thread. Closing date is 18th June

hmm padded bubble wrap envelope or just a plain regular brown envelope decisions decisions.

do you know what i hate watching myself on video .....all i want to do is be in the audience :naughty:

WELLLL they are doing test screenings in london for thoses who were initially selected but some of us emailed in because we werent selected and we were told that they had alot of applicants and not everyone would be able to get seen so we were all sent a list of questions to answer and then record ourselves answering them.

we then have to send the video in to them.

we would have sent it in via email ....BUt ended up with a video of me waffling over ten minutes so this is what i am posting off today :naughty:

its complicated i know :boxed:

Hello,

We are currently dealing with a high number of people interested in taking part in the Mika documentary for Channel 4.

Unfortunately we are only screen testing the London based applicants due to time restraints but that does not discount you from taking part in the show as we have no set criteria.

What we are advising is for you to record your answers to the questions below on a video camera and send them to us.

Alternatively if you are able to get to London we can see you, and if not we are however looking into an audition date in Manchester.

Thank you for your interest in the programme and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email vodafone.tba@endemoluk.com

The closing date for this is Mon 18th June

Questions

When did you first discover Mika?

Why do you like his music?

How big a fan are you?

Do you ever push Mika onto any of your friends or family?

Have you ever done anything extreme as a fan?

How many times have you been to see him?

Do you have a favorite gig?

Favorite song? / Why

Favourite Album / why

Favourite Vid / why

Have you ever met him?

Are you a website / forum member?

Why should we document your journey to the gig?

Name, age, from?

Where did you grow up?

Where do you live now / who with?

What do you do for a living?

What do you do in your spare time?

Other interests?

What did you study at school / college / uni?

What was your last job?

What were your parent’s listening to when you were growing up?

What was the first piece of music you bought?

Did this influence you?

Were you part of a music scene growing up?

Who were your teenage hero’s and role models?

Is there anything else we should know about you?

If you have any problems / quieries please email vodafone.tba@endemoluk.com

*this is the email that was sent to us all :thumb_yello:

Hello,

We are currently dealing with a high number of people interested in taking part in the Mika documentary for Channel 4.

Unfortunately we are only screen testing the London based applicants due to time restraints but that does not discount you from taking part in the show as we have no set criteria.

What we are advising is for you to record your answers to the questions below on a video camera and send them to us.

Alternatively if you are able to get to London we can see you, and if not we are however looking into an audition date in Manchester.

Thank you for your interest in the programme and if you have any other questions please do not hesitate to email vodafone.tba@endemoluk.com

The closing date for this is Mon 18th June

Questions

When did you first discover Mika?

Why do you like his music?

How big a fan are you?

Do you ever push Mika onto any of your friends or family?

Have you ever done anything extreme as a fan?

How many times have you been to see him?

Do you have a favorite gig?

Favorite song? / Why

Favourite Album / why

Favourite Vid / why

Have you ever met him?

Are you a website / forum member?

Why should we document your journey to the gig?

Name, age, from?

Where did you grow up?

Where do you live now / who with?

What do you do for a living?

What do you do in your spare time?

Other interests?

What did you study at school / college / uni?

What was your last job?

What were your parent’s listening to when you were growing up?

What was the first piece of music you bought?

Did this influence you?

Were you part of a music scene growing up?

Who were your teenage hero’s and role models?

Is there anything else we should know about you?

If you have any problems / quieries please email vodafone.tba@endemoluk.com

*this is the email that was sent to us all :thumb_yello:

Do I still have time n that to apply n stuff?

So. If you send them the video (can you upload it to youtube then send them the link? would be easier to send I guess xD and it saves them taking ages to download it) ... and they accept you.. can you go to the gig? XD

you see we dont really know much about it as far as we know from this they only select two die hard fans who c4 then interview and follow their stories to the concert.

i have asked Tba if they would allow MFC members to go to the gig to be in the audience but i think it is a draw situation where they randomly select people

i wish i knew more but it is all very secretive...maybe when Sara gets back today she will know more :boxed:

you see we dont really know much about it as far as we know from this they only select two die hard fans who c4 then interview and follow their stories to the concert.

i have asked Tba if they would allow MFC members to go to the gig to be in the audience but i think it is a draw situation where they randomly select people

i wish i knew more but it is all very secretive...maybe when Sara gets back today she will know more :boxed:

I can't see myself being selected. Im not really a 'die-hard' fan.. well as much as I would want to be, since I still havnt been to my first gig. BRING ON SOMERSET XD

I can't see myself being selected. Im not really a 'die-hard' fan.. well as much as I would want to be, since I still havnt been to my first gig. BRING ON SOMERSET XD

You certainly are a die hard fan............everybody knows it isn't always possible for everyone to get to gigs. Lets face it, neither you or Wendi have managed to see Mika yet but there can be few more dedicated fans.

I tried to upload to both Myspace and Youtube because that is what I thought..........but it was just over the limit on both. You tube is ten minutes and mine was only eight and a half but it has a 100 MB limit and mine was 110.

Bexy, I had an old jiffy bag that I used

You certainly are a die hard fan............everybody knows it isn't always possible for everyone to get to gigs. Lets face it, neither you or Wendi have managed to see Mika yet but there can be few more dedicated fans.

I tried to upload to both Myspace and Youtube because that is what I thought..........but it was just over the limit on both. You tube is ten minutes and mine was only eight and a half but it has a 100 MB limit and mine was 110.

Bexy, I had an old jiffy bag that I used

Hhhmm.. I dont know whether to enter or not.. if there arent many mfc'ers going.. then I wont be able to go anyway XD

well im working on my video response this morning once i get back from the newagents ......But the general idea behind the email was so that everyone who entered from the MFC would atleast be selected to be in the audience :mf_rosetinted:

thats so cool, why cant i like in the uk?!

i cant send it off today even if i wanted to i have no stamps :boxed: And wont be able to get any until Friday

But should be plenty of time remaining though :cool:

Good afternoon all...

I just e-mailed Endemol as I am having all sorts of problems finding someone willing to go with me to a screen test, so I asked whether I could go to the screen test on my own, as technically this would be the same as sending in a video recording of me answering the questions on my own....I also explained that I am having problems getting a video recording to them for the reasons already discussed (i.e. size) and asked if they would receive it on a floppy disc instead as I don't have a CD/DVD burner.... I then asked whether there was any chance that people who had attended a screen test would get priority tickets for the gig (cheeky I know, but I thought I would ask...).

This is the response I have just received...

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately we are looking for two fans who are friends so we'd need

to see you both at a screen test. We except DVD's and CD's to view the

home made screen tests.

If you would like to try and get tickets please register at the Vodafone

Music website.

Kind regards,

Arianna

It looks as though I will just have to take pot luck on the website .....:tears:

Good afternoon all...

I just e-mailed Endemol as I am having all sorts of problems finding someone willing to go with me to a screen test, so I asked whether I could go to the screen test on my own, as technically this would be the same as sending in a video recording of me answering the questions on my own....I also explained that I am having problems getting a video recording to them for the reasons already discussed (i.e. size) and asked if they would receive it on a floppy disc instead as I don't have a CD/DVD burner.... I then asked whether there was any chance that people who had attended a screen test would get priority tickets for the gig (cheeky I know, but I thought I would ask...).

This is the response I have just received...

Hi Sarah,

Unfortunately we are looking for two fans who are friends so we'd need

to see you both at a screen test. We except DVD's and CD's to view the

home made screen tests.

If you would like to try and get tickets please register at the Vodafone

Music website.

Kind regards,

Arianna

It looks as though I will just have to take pot luck on the website .....:tears:

Thats me out then as there is only me in my vid! What a bummer! I think they should just send us all tickets!