Tour.

lozwinter

im sure there isnt a member on here who could honestly say that if they had all the time and the money in the world they wouldnt attend every single concert :biggrin2:

did that just make sense? :blink:

• Replies 873
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I like driving aswell and i rather trust myself driving than a plane...Plus i can drive there slightly quicker than the virgin train does i think

I did once do it under 4 hours but that was with no toilet breaks :naughty:

Yeah I have done it from London to Newcastle in that time with no breaks, don't know how long to Glasgow though, the last time I went there I was a lot younger and we hitched.:mf_rosetinted:

im sure there isnt a member on here who could honestly say that if they had all the time and the money in the world they wouldnt attend every single concert :biggrin2:

did that just make sense? :blink:

amen!

maybe we could follow mika on his plane/truck: much easier!:bleh:

Just checked the AA route thingy and it says 6.5 hours, so I know it's gonna be less as long as I don't hit traffic. I might drive.

If the flight is about 40- 50 pounds, you still have to get to and from the airports at both ends, so maybe the cost of parking there too. Also time wise maybe an hour for the flight but also an hour or more waiting around in the airport and getting to the airport, I'm still thinking.

Yeah I have done it from London to Newcastle in that time with no breaks, don't know how long to Glasgow though, the last time I went there I was a lot younger and we hitched.:mf_rosetinted:

Glasgow shouldnt take too long i really enjoy parts of the drive though especially through the lake district area :biggrin2:

Just checked the AA route thingy and it says 6.5 hours, so I know it's gonna be less as long as I don't hit traffic. I might drive.

woah 6.5 hours :shocked:

thats a long drive :boxed:

Glasgow shouldnt take too long i really enjoy parts of the drive though especially through the lake district area :biggrin2:

The route the AA gave me was straight up the A1 and across at the A66 Carlisle ish. That might be better than M1/M6 because I will miss Birmingham and that, and the traffic is always bad there isn't it?

My route takes me M5 then M6 all the way up

Th traffic isnt that bad just avoid rush hour traffic which i intend to anyway setting off really early i imagine i would hit rush hour time coming up through Lancaster - carlisle bit:blink:

*still worry about my car though after what happened to Big Girls at Birmingham*

I would hate for it to get broken into :boxed:

My route takes me M5 then M6 all the way up

Th traffic isnt that bad just avoid rush hour traffic which i intend to anyway setting off really early i imagine i would hit rush hour time coming up through Lancaster - carlisle bit:blink:

*still worry about my car though after what happened to Big Girls at Birmingham*

I would hate for it to get broken into :boxed:

Well you expect that kinda stuff in Birmingham unfortunately. :thumbdown:

I remember when we drove to Glasgow AND back for my cousins wedding last year - it seemed a good idea at the time :|

We ended up driving back at about 4am singing to a Disney CD very loudly with the windows open to keep us all awake.

And nooo I just can't go to any more dates :| Even though I really want to of course. Maybe closer to the time I'll cave and go to a few more but I really can't afford it right now. I gotta pay for driving lessons this summer too ...and a holiday in September. I literally have £4.56 in my bank account....and that's it! That's tall the money I have. And I have no job.

I remember when we drove to Glasgow AND back for my cousins wedding last year - it seemed a good idea at the time :|

We ended up driving back at about 4am singing to a Disney CD very loudly with the windows open to keep us all awake.

Maybe I'll fly! :naughty:

lol been there done that

I had left some documents for Uni at home i had to drive there and back in a day ...and it hurt me soo much afterwards i think i slept for a whole day :boxed:

this was after over dosing on coffee and energy drinks :boxed:

tempted to get the train...but it will cost like 50£ just for a return ticket

lol been there done that

I had left some documents for Uni at home i had to drive there and back in a day ...and it hurt me soo much afterwards i think i slept for a whole day :boxed:

this was after over dosing on coffee and energy drinks :boxed:

tempted to get the train...but it will cost like 50£ just for a return ticket

Have you got a rail card? My young persons railcard gets me 30% off all trains and you get the £20 you pay for it back in no time!

Have you got a rail card? My young persons railcard gets me 30% off all trains and you get the £20 you pay for it back in no time!

i used to have a rail card but since i always drive now adays i never use the train much.....

and a whole tank of diesel in my car would easily get me to glasgow and back and that would just be £30 :blink:

and i would still have fuel left over for a week afterwards

If the flight is about 40- 50 pounds, you still have to get to and from the airports at both ends, so maybe the cost of parking there too. Also time wise maybe an hour for the flight but also an hour or more waiting around in the airport and getting to the airport, I'm still thinking.

If you drive, and you use A19, I live literally 1 minutes drive off it, if you picked me up we could share travel costs etc and even share a room, cos I'm sure my daughter would come too, (I hate driving but I wish I loved it lol). Is that a good suggestion or not? OR if you have others to pick up I could ditch my daughter and kip on ur floor lmao :naughty:

Yey! Babspanky and BexxY for Glasgow!!!

How many is that now? 16? At least!!!

Anyone else for Glasgow??

Anyone who is coming to Glasgow will get a tartan scarf (well, bit of material) made out of mika trouser tartan material!!!

If you drive, and you use A19, I live literally 1 minutes drive off it, if you picked me up we could share travel costs etc and even share a room, cos I'm sure my daughter would come too, (I hate driving but I wish I loved it lol). Is that a good suggestion or not? OR if you have others to pick up I could ditch my daughter and kip on ur floor lmao :naughty:

Let's liaise! I think I am sharing with Bexxy and Tia though, roomwise, we we all have to get on to MSN and arrange things!

SPARKY IF WE CAN SMUGGLE YOU IN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO KIP ON OUR HOTEL ROOM FLOOR :biggrin2:

AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IF WE GET BACK TO THE HOTEL AFTER A CERTAIN TIME THE RECEPTION ISNT MANNED AND ITS REALLY EASY TO GET EXTRA PEOPLE INSIDE THE HOTEL...WE IT LOOKED LIKE THE CASE AT THE TRAVEL LODGE IN LEEDS ANYWAY.

ALSO IF I DECIDE TO DRIVE UP I AM WILLING TO PICK UP PEOPLE ON THE WAY IF THEY NEED A LIFT BUT IM NOT SURE IF I WILL BE GOING BY THE A19.

ITS BASICALLY THE M6 ALL THE WAY FOR ME FROM BIRMINGHAM:mf_rosetinted:

Yikes sorry about posting in caps lock i didnt intend to

SPARKY IF WE CAN SMUGGLE YOU IN YOU ARE MORE THAN WELCOME TO KIP ON OUR HOTEL ROOM FLOOR :biggrin2:

AS FAR AS I CAN TELL IF WE GET BACK TO THE HOTEL AFTER A CERTAIN TIME THE RECEPTION ISNT MANNED AND ITS REALLY EASY TO GET EXTRA PEOPLE INSIDE THE HOTEL...WE IT LOOKED LIKE THE CASE AT THE TRAVEL LODGE IN LEEDS ANYWAY.

ALSO IF I DECIDE TO DRIVE UP I AM WILLING TO PICK UP PEOPLE ON THE WAY IF THEY NEED A LIFT BUT IM NOT SURE IF I WILL BE GOING BY THE A19.

ITS BASICALLY THE M6 ALL THE WAY FOR ME FROM BIRMINGHAM:mf_rosetinted:

Yikes sorry about posting in caps lock i didnt intend to

LOL LOL no need to shout :roftl::roftl: are you talking about Glasgow here? I darent book it really in case I cant get there and back, I have work and they don't allow us time off in November, though they DO say they allow exceptions hmmm but it's the travel that is a worry, I'll just get Mika to call in for me on his way past he can park his private jet on the back field I am sure no one will object. :roftl: anyway he says he likes driving so maybe he can just pick me up in his car then I don't mind I'm not that fussy:bleh:

YES i was talking about the glasgow concert in November.

Also if anyone going to the Glasgow concert needs a lift up i am more than willing to Taxi service people but this can be organised closer to the time :naughty: