Grace Kelly his own work?

afazza

Hey guys, I was wondering, my friends sad that 'Grace Kelly' was not Mika's own work, and that their parents had heard it before, ages ago, and that he was a fraud!:boxed:

Please help me, because I do NOT want to believe them, and I need proof that they are lying! :biggrin2:

All help appreciated! I'm printing out this thread and showing them tomorrow. Argh!

xx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This actually made me laugh...God people really come up with the most stupid things and ideas!4vq9gf7.gif4qzqu80.gif

I'm 100% sure that Mika wouldn't be lying and that Grace Kelly is his own song. I've never heard any song that would resemble to it.

Yeah I know! I got really angry at them and I was having a debate in class.

(Sorry Renny and Kimmy reading this. But I'm right)

hey, ask them the name of the 'origianl' artist who sang the song, either they don't answer it or u find out about the song and tell us if it sounds anything like GK

hey guys, remember that interview on Taratata? Well, he said that when he wrote GK, he was inspired by an opera (Figaro, I think?)...and since it's very popular, the parents must have thought of it when they heard GK (I have to say it's quite reminescent of the opera thing...)

hey guys, remember that interview on Taratata? Well, he said that when he wrote GK, he was inspired by an opera (Figaro, I think?)...and since it's very popular, the parents must have thought of it when they heard GK (I have to say it's quite reminescent of the opera thing...)

yeah i was gonna mention that but i completely forgot the name of it so i didn't bother :naughty:

Yeah.. I told them to research it and give me the references tomorrow. I am deadly serious about this debate! ARGHH!

and u must tell us about it tomorrow :D prove them wrong!! :bleh:

Le nozze di Figaro! I tried to find the opera version but I can't find it!

Mika in Taratata:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4r43mSVCMc

Remember the Australian interview where Mika was asked about his influences?

He said that it was all written by himself and that you never can avoid being influenced and it shows in the music of course. When I heard the beginnig of Relax for the very first time I was about singing along--"Heart-I just died in your arms tonight..." Then I was like :blink: Oh, this is a different song. Then :biggrin2: Oh, this is a good song :wink2: . I would not have minded if it had been covered intentionally and as it was written quite often I thought it was. I was quite surprised as I heard that the similar sound was totally unintended...:bleh:

He said that it was all written by himself and that you never can avoid being influenced and it shows in the music of course. When I heard the beginnig of Relax for the very first time I was about singing along--"Heart-I just died in your arms tonight..." Then I was like :blink: Oh, this is a different song. Then :biggrin2: Oh, this is a good song :wink2: . I would not have minded if it had been covered intentionally and as it was written quite often I thought it was. I was quite surprised as I heard that the similar sound was totally unintended...:bleh:

It's written in his album that "Relax" is a kind of cover of "I just died in your arms tonight"!!

He asked the permission to use the air.

A similar thing happened to me too! I noticed that a friend of mine was listening to Grace Kelly on his I-pod, and I was like " YAY!! Do you love Mika??!"

and he simply said " No- only Grace Kelly and Relax- but since Relax his not his own song...."" WHAT?!?

and we had a fight about it - he had no idea that I was a mika expert. :wink2:

but he soon accepted it .

A similar thing happened to me too! I noticed that a friend of mine was listening to Grace Kelly on his I-pod, and I was like " YAY!! Do you love Mika??!"

and he simply said " No- only Grace Kelly and Relax- but since Relax his not his own song...."" WHAT?!?

and we had a fight about it - he had no idea that I was a mika expert. :wink2:

but he soon accepted it .

I don't want you to be disappointed but "Relax" is a kind of cover of "I just died in your arms tonight". It's the same air.

Look at the LICM album.

If you have a doubt, listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwVlsa7_gs

Read what Violet Sky wrote!

You can't avoid being influenced! All the artists are influenced by other songs!

I don't want you to be disappointed but "Relax" is a kind of cover of "I just died in your arms tonight". It's the same air.

Look at the LICM album.

If you have a doubt, listen to it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBwVlsa7_gs

yes it is like relax!! similar beats and stuff!

But no disappointment- at least he wrote the lyrics!! so it is kind of his song..!!

.. confused? :biggrin2:

yes it is like relax!! similar beats and stuff!

But no disappointment- at least he wrote the lyrics!! so it is kind of his song..!!

.. confused? :biggrin2:

:wink2:

He wrote the lyrics and his song is great. It is the most important thing!!! :biggrin2:

I tried to look it up once...searched for Les Noces de Figaro....and in fact I came up with the Barber of Sevilla (oh, it still has Figaro in it anyways :naughty: )

I'm listening to "Les noces de Figaro" and I can't find the extract!!! :roftl: