Grace Kelly his own work?

afazza

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that 'Relax' was erm.. made out of 'I just died in your arms tonight'.. Heard about it on the radio, lol :lol3:

Didn't he said in some interview, that he used that Figaro thing in 'Grace Kelly'? XD Sorry. I'm slow and I really can't explain myself in English :roll1:

If someone on the MFC knows something about opera and Figaro... :naughty:

Ha! I think I've found it...not sure though...try Largo Al Factotum from the Barber Of Seville, it's towards the end I think...

Ha! I think I've found it...not sure though...try Largo Al Factotum from the Barber Of Seville, it's towards the end I think...

You're right!!! I was listening "Le nozze di Figaro" as Nagui said in Taratata that it was that opera but it's wrong. :biggrin2:

It's "Largo Al Factotum" from the Barber Of Seville with an another Figaro. Thank you Nailia!!! :thumb_yello:

Listen after 4:00 minutes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UDCmFG8OpM

well, if it WAS a cover, other people than your parents would have also recognised it, and it would be all over the papers lol.

besides, it says in the booklet it was done by him. They have to tell the truth otherwise he'd get sued.

Hey guys, I was wondering, my friends sad that 'Grace Kelly' was not Mika's own work, and that their parents had heard it before, ages ago, and that he was a fraud!:boxed:

xx

Maybe your friends are just trying to wind you up, especially if you're talking about more than one set of parents here. Maybe one person might get it confused with something else, but not everyone's parents.

I've been around music for almost 40 years and I've never heard anything like Grace Kelly. Even comparisons with Freddie Mercury, et al...they're just talking about his voice and the sort of operatic feel, not the lyrics and the melody.

well, if it WAS a cover, other people than your parents would have also recognised it, and it would be all over the papers lol.

besides, it says in the booklet it was done by him. They have to tell the truth otherwise he'd get sued.

Precisely. In the album credits Mika is listed as the author of Grace Kelly, with a few others garnering a credit as well (including Jodi Marr, who he worked with in Miami).

The intro to Relax (Take it Easy) incorporates the intro to (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight, but that's not a ripoff - more of a homage. It's noted in the album credits.

And another thing - remember how he said a while back that someone pranked him by pretending to be a descendent of Grace Kelly, who maintained that they were offended by the song? Um...if he didn't write it, why would he care if someone was offended?

Sigh. People.

Precisely. In the album credits Mika is listed as the author of Grace Kelly, with a few others garnering a credit as well (including Jodi Marr, who he worked with in Miami).

The intro to Relax (Take it Easy) incorporates the intro to (I Just) Died In Your Arms Tonight, but that's not a ripoff - more of a homage. It's noted in the album credits.

And another thing - remember how he said a while back that someone pranked him by pretending to be a descendent of Grace Kelly, who maintained that they were offended by the song? Um...if he didn't write it, why would he care if someone was offended?

Sigh. People.

For "Relax", it's written on the booklet that he took some parts of "Died in your arms tonight". He must have asked the authorisation to do it.

For "Grace Kelly", he can take some parts of "Largo Al Factotum" without asking any authorisation because this song is very old (in France, you can do what you want with a song if his author is died more than 70 years ago).

No ambiguity at all!!! He won't have problems!

You know what? That part in Take Thats song, Shine, sounds very much like a this part in Any Other World

So come on, so come on, get it on

Don't know what you're waiting for

Your time is coming don't be late, hey hey

So come on ...

Cos it's all in the hands of a bitter, bitter man

Say goodbye to the world you thought you lived in

Take a bow, play the part of a lonely lonely heart

Because they threatened to bar him from Monaco. :naughty:

What happened to me was that after listening to it once, GK got so stuck in my head that I thought I must have listened to it before, just because it's such a good song. Do you get me?:wink2:

Ooooh yeah I get it haha! It happened to me several times too :naughty:

Mika, a fraud? Hahahaha, people are funny! :roftl:

However, the beginning of 'Over My Shoulder' does sound almost exactly like the beginning of Martin Grech's 'Open Heart Zoo'... I suspect that this is just an interesting coinky-dink, though...

Well...

some people said that to me too.....:shocked:

But..if it isnt his work...he was lying...

AND THAT IS IMPOSSIBLEEEE!!!

soo..i think that it sounds like another song

mika would never lie right? :bleh: even though once he said he made up a few things but that was about other celebs, and as a joke :naughty:.. he would never lie to us.. or would he ooooooh hehe :naughty:

Stop the contreverse! Mika has never lied about his songs.

I'm sure that if you tell him that some of his songs look like anothers songs, he would listen to these another songs and would tell truly what he thinks about the resemblance.

Has Mika already tried to mislead his fans? NEVER!!

I'm sure if you ask him, he would tell the truth!

He seems to be an honest person and never treats people bad.