It's just wet and miserable here, which is about right for an English summer :naughty:

It's funny how I never think of Australia as being a cold plae, but it's a huge continent and I suppose parts of it must be far south enough for cold winters.

It got pretty damn cold yesterday, and Orange isn't that far south (north of ACT).... I spend most of yesterday/last night standing around fire buckets and such, cause Derek's uncle had a party for his birthday...

Funnily enough, one of the coldest states is not the most southern. ACT, which is mostly just canberra, gets pretty cold. But then so does Tasmania, our most southern.

Its plenty cold for me here. I don't like the cold much. Which is why I'm escaping in a week to the US summer.

ACT is disgustingly cold! Actually, I've been looking at the temperatures for Orange over the last few weeks, and both Orange and Blahblah have been very cold, colder than Canberra and Tassie (only by a few degrees, but still, colder)!

It got pretty damn cold yesterday, and Orange isn't that far south (north of ACT).... I spend most of yesterday/last night standing around fire buckets and such, cause Derek's uncle had a party for his birthday...

:shocked: Standing around fire buckets???

What on earth do you Aussies do at birthday parties? :blink:

aw wow that must have been hard to put up with, my parents got our hot water system replaced last month and we finally have clean water, because the old one was making the hot water rusty so now i can drink warm water from the tap for winter lol, i know stupid story but it just reminded me of it. It must have been really cold because of it being winter too :shocked:

You do know that you're not supposed to drink water from the warm water tap? That it can be like really bad for you, because its more likely to have lead in from corroded pipes and stuff. Even after getting your hot water system replaced, its still not good, because a lot of the problem is in the pipes itself.

http://everything2.com/title/Never+drink+or+cook+with+hot+tap+water

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/health/29real.html

:shocked: Standing around fire buckets???

What on earth do you Aussies do at birthday parties? :blink:

Yep... It was too cold to just sit around a table, so Derek's brothers and his uncle spent a lot of time standing around a fire bucket burning random sh!t (like a mild crate and a plastic bucket)...

We also like to drink (sometimes) copious amounts of alcohol (and certain kidlets like wandering around the village rocking roofs and stealing antennas... don't ask)...

What don't we do :fisch:

An excellent point...

BTW, Bec..

*puts tim ferguson wig on*

don't forget your toothbrush!

*takes tim ferguson wig off*

:naughty:

:teehee: I love Tim...

Somebody will have to tell me who Tim Ferguson is :blink:

713234-rim-ferguson.jpg

tumblr_ld3l1iPDz61qcb9v9o1_500.jpg

During the 80's and up to the mid 90's, Tim Ferguson was a member of the Doug Anthony Allstars with Paul McDermott and Richard Fidler. After they broke up, Tim became the host of Don't Forget Your Toothbrush. He's now lecturing at university about comedy...

Ooooh wow, I feel like Wikipedia!

Yep. 4 More sleeps. I keep feeling slightly panicked by the thought. Excited, but also incredibly nervous and panicked haha.

Just about the right mixture :naughty: I think you will have a great time, and I course I expect to see some pics :fisch:

713234-rim-ferguson.jpg

tumblr_ld3l1iPDz61qcb9v9o1_500.jpg

During the 80's and up to the mid 90's, Tim Ferguson was a member of the Doug Anthony Allstars with Paul McDermott and Richard Fidler. After they broke up, Tim became the host of Don't Forget Your Toothbrush. He's now lecturing at university about comedy...

Ooooh wow, I feel like Wikipedia!

Nicopedia :roftl:

Thanks

Just about the right mixture :naughty: I think you will have a great time, and I course I expect to see some pics :fisch:

I think she's gonna do vlogs, like she did for NZ... Right Bec?

Nicopedia :roftl:

Thanks

:teehee: Has a nice ring to it...

Not long to go now, Becster :naughty:

There'll be pics around... probably not until I'm back though

I think she's gonna do vlogs, like she did for NZ... Right Bec?

Thats the plan. Though whether they get uploaded before I get home or not is another issue. Depends on internet over there :wink2:

Thats the plan. Though whether they get uploaded before I get home or not is another issue. Depends on internet over there :wink2:

:mf_rosetinted: I do believe they have the internet in the US

:mf_rosetinted: I do believe they have the internet in the US

Yes, but cost, availability, speed and convenience are the issue :fisch:

Some of the hotels have free wifi, so as long as I make the vids low resolution, should be able to upload some.

Yes, but cost, availability, speed and convenience are the issue :fisch:

Some of the hotels have free wifi, so as long as I make the vids low resolution, should be able to upload some.

It's OK, I can wait till you get back :naughty: You'll have plenty of other things to send your money on :naughty:

So its midnight, I need to be up in 5 hours to get ready to go to the airport, and, despite two hours of trying, I can't sleep.

So since laying in bed isn't working, I decided to get up, internet for a few minutes while drinking a hot beverage and then try again.

yep I'll be tired tomorrow so hopefully I sleep on the plane.

You do know that you're not supposed to drink water from the warm water tap? That it can be like really bad for you, because its more likely to have lead in from corroded pipes and stuff. Even after getting your hot water system replaced, its still not good, because a lot of the problem is in the pipes itself.

http://everything2.com/title/Never+drink+or+cook+with+hot+tap+water

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/29/health/29real.html

:blink: CRAP! no wonder it tastes like onions, I always drank warm water from the tap in winter because my teeth are sensitive lol aw, why am i laughing if it's bad...i should stop now then before it's too late :) thanks for letting me know! :thumb_yello:

Well in case anyone was wondering I think I managed 3 hours or so of sleep. And here I was hoping (but knowing it was unlikely) for 7, even went to bed early enough for 7.

Oh well.

Today is the big day. See you on the other side of that great big pond.

Well in case anyone was wondering I think I managed 3 hours or so of sleep. And here I was hoping (but knowing it was unlikely) for 7, even went to bed early enough for 7.

Oh well.

Today is the big day. See you on the other side of that great big pond.

Bon voyage :plane: Have a wonderful time :huglove:

I have to admit I was a bit worried that you wouldn't be able to fly because of the ash cloud.

There'll be pics around... probably not until I'm back though

That's cool.... I'm sure we can all wait (but if you want to add anything during your trip, feel free)...

Happy Birthday mika_me

birthday_cupcakes2-1.gif

Happy birthday mika_me!

Bon voyage :plane: Have a wonderful time :huglove:

I have to admit I was a bit worried that you wouldn't be able to fly because of the ash cloud.

Haha oh the ash cloud. That happened to be sitting over NZ, meaning every flight to NZ was cancelled, except for the Air New Zealand flights thankfully. (We had a layover in NZ and were flying Air NZ - they chose to fly lower than the ash cloud)

But I'm here in LA

First video is there. Enjoy.