I know a lot of it is set by the actors, but it still annoys me at times how much all the things cost at those cons haha.

Leakycon was massive - it was 3500 ish people. And don't get me started on the mess that was the Starkid signing (since signings were free - they really should have made that one have a small fee. Something between 5-20ish. So many fans were annoyed by that, especially those who had tickets to the starkid event and were supposed to get priority access to signing, but instead missed out, even after waiting for hours, and had to watch those who didn't have the starkid event, and who had instead lined up during the event get signatures)

Anyways what I came on to ask was, who has early access to Pottermore? If you don't there's still 2 days. I can't wait until next week when hopefully I'll be able to get into it.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's sh!t too. Unfortunately with a lot of those free things you end up getting the crazy fangurls and if you pay for it, you don't get as many (or at the very least, the crazy fangurls are at the back of the room and you're up the front :teehee:)

Holy crap! And I'll guess what you're going to say about the starkid signing... Really, they should've made the ones without priority access wait till the ones with it went through (it's kinda reminding me of supanova *shudders*)...

I was thinking of getting early access to it, but I just couldn't be arsed. I can wait till later, I'm sure there's nothing I can't wait a few months for...

Hey, have you done your tax yet?

I do!! Managed to get it on the first day! I was so excited filling everything out. My username is ElmVine161, what's yours? I'm also hoping I get an email next week so that I can start trying it out as soon as possible. :biggrin2:

I can't wait to try it, and get sorted (so nervous, and even if this is a JK Rowling made test, no matter what it says I'm a Ravenclaw)

Icestar85 is my name.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's sh!t too. Unfortunately with a lot of those free things you end up getting the crazy fangurls and if you pay for it, you don't get as many (or at the very least, the crazy fangurls are at the back of the room and you're up the front :teehee:)

Holy crap! And I'll guess what you're going to say about the starkid signing... Really, they should've made the ones without priority access wait till the ones with it went through (it's kinda reminding me of supanova *shudders*)...

I was thinking of getting early access to it, but I just couldn't be arsed. I can wait till later, I'm sure there's nothing I can't wait a few months for...

Hey, have you done your tax yet?

Well the kind of ignored the whole priority thing for anyone who wasn't rockstars (the more expensive ticket option) which sucked in this case, as there were many in the same boat who went to the starkid event and so couldn't line up during it to go to the signing. A friend joined the line literally right after the event, waited 2 and a half hours, and then got told they were finished for the day (not starkids fault, bad organisation etc).

You should have gone for early access. It was so easy the first few days, since it was perfect for our time zone. But there's still two days if you're interested.

And did my tax last weekend, got paid it yesterday (quick I know). I did it via etax.

Haha, yes I'm a little nervous as well. I consider myself to be Ravenclaw as well. :thumb_yello:

Well the Magic Quill period is over, so welcome emails should be being sent out this week :)

Once we get to Hogwarts (its a fair way into Philosophers Stone) then we will get sorted.

Do you think I ought to read a Harry Potter book? I must be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't. :mf_rosetinted:

Ummm.... yes!!!!

Give it a go. The books are written to suit the age of Harry, but they never talk down to young readers, so even adults can enjoy them :)

Sorry for my bitterness!

Omg! Honesty! Well, to be perfectly honest, it wasn't Mika's presence that made going to see him amazing, it was all the aussies together in one place. I'm just as excited to go to Sydney to see the HP Exhibit, and the exhibit itself doesn't look THAT amazing (because you can't take photos, lol)

And I'd give anything to go back to America (especially to Orlando - in November, to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Why you ask? Well there's some little event where the actors will be there that you can buy tickets to, but which there's no way I'd be able to afford so soon).

I have the travel bug so bad though. I'm beginning to think of places I can go at the end/start of the year. Somewhere cheap like Asia or something. I just need to travel haha.

Whats happening in November?

I'm up for any and all travel plans, count me in!

I'm also considering going across to visit Biance for a week or so if she's free in Nov-Jan time, since I will have finished Uni, and have nothing to do except apply for work. NOt that I've mentioned this to her yet.

Yes, yes, and yes! See if you come before Jan then the timing of Sydney doesn't matter as much! Because me going to Sydney for just a few days is a bit overkill, I'd rather come back to Melbourne or something for a bit afterwards too.

Soooo OKD is getting a puppy then .... :fisch:

Someone is coming to look at him this afternoon!! Which means he is definitely going home with them because no one could ever possibly say no to this face:

tumblr_lpb2mivm6A1qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb2rmB3jo1qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb2uivIsf1qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb2is7vCT1qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb29sPmcS1qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb1vomsD21qzaxy4o1_500.png

tumblr_lpb18mK9da1qzaxy4o1_500.png

Do you think I ought to read a Harry Potter book? I must be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't.

I am disgusted by you and refuse to converse with you until you have finished reading the entire series.

Omg! Honesty! Well, to be perfectly honest, it wasn't Mika's presence that made going to see him amazing, it was all the aussies together in one place. I'm just as excited to go to Sydney to see the HP Exhibit, and the exhibit itself doesn't look THAT amazing (because you can't take photos, lol)

Whats happening in November?

I'm up for any and all travel plans, count me in!

Yes, yes, and yes! See if you come before Jan then the timing of Sydney doesn't matter as much! Because me going to Sydney for just a few days is a bit overkill, I'd rather come back to Melbourne or something for a bit afterwards too.

Its more of the excuse to travel to Syd for me, and get a random bunch of people together (there's some mfcers, some of my uni friends and some leakyconers so far). I'm thinking Karaoke :fisch:

And of course our favourite backpackers.

Nov the actors are going to the park for a super awesome looking event. Its not too bad price wised considering you get accom, blu rays of all the movies including the latest and to meet some of the cast (but then its in the US and when you add flights its too much)

I just need to travel. I'll see if I can pull of Perth in December. But it being Christmas month makes things harder. And it all depends on how soon I get a job and what not (because interviewing for jobs next year takes precedence. Argh I should have a full time position hopefully next year, with kids I am responsible for teaching :blink:)

And yay for Melbourne. Not that I'd know what to show you that you haven't seen by now, but yay all the same.

Well the kind of ignored the whole priority thing for anyone who wasn't rockstars (the more expensive ticket option) which sucked in this case, as there were many in the same boat who went to the starkid event and so couldn't line up during it to go to the signing. A friend joined the line literally right after the event, waited 2 and a half hours, and then got told they were finished for the day (not starkids fault, bad organisation etc).

You should have gone for early access. It was so easy the first few days, since it was perfect for our time zone. But there's still two days if you're interested.

Silly organisers....

Meh... I couldn't be arsed. I figured that if I really wanted to, I'd go on there in October...

Meow :mf_rosetinted:

Woof :mf_rosetinted:

Do you think I ought to read a Harry Potter book? I must be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't. :mf_rosetinted:

Please tell me you've at least seen one of the movies... :shocked:

You can't take pics??? OMG, how will you papparazi types cope without being able to use your camera???

I will admit, having the Aussies in one place was pretty damn sweet...

:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: i ADORE you.

You're welcome :biggrin2:

Silly organisers....

Meh... I couldn't be arsed. I figured that if I really wanted to, I'd go on there in October...

You can't take pics??? OMG, how will you papparazi types cope without being able to use your camera???

Well at the moment the Beta testers haven't been on. It's kinda annoying since it was implied we'd get in on the 31st, then that was just the quill hunt, and we were told they'd start letting people in when that ended (3 days ago) but it could take a few weeks, but so far noone seems to have gotten in.

I'll just take pictures of everything before and after it, and film the before and after as well

*wispers* I haven't either, I thought it was boring!:naughty:

I am disgusted by you and refuse to converse with you until you have finished reading the entire series.

:shocked:

We may not be talking for some time then :naughty:

:boxed:

*tiptoes carefully out of thread*:teehee:

HARRY POTETR IS THE EXACT OPPOSITE OF BORING WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?

I mean, hi.

:roftl:Hi!:bye:

I guess I have to humbly admit that so many people around the world can't be wrong, of course it's a good book, and maybe it is exciting too, I wouldn't be the one to judge!:teehee:

I read a lot, all the time, but in this case it's the genre, fantasy!

Fantasy make things just TOO easy.

"We're in trouble...do a little magic and it's all good!"

Maybe I have to work on my sense of humour....:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Well yes, I think I've seen the first three, but they didn't inspire me to read the books. Or watch the other 13952 films in the series. :bleh:

:roftl:Hi!:bye:

I guess I have to humbly admit that so many people around the world can't be wrong, of course it's a good book, and maybe it is exciting too, I wouldn't be the one to judge!:teehee:

I read a lot, all the time, but in this case it's the genre, fantasy!

Fantasy make things just TOO easy.

"We're in trouble...do a little magic and it's all good!"

Maybe I have to work on my sense of humour....:naughty::blush-anim-cl:

Fantasy is one of my favourite genres, besides most of the time even with the magic it's still not easy - because the other side has magic too :wink2:

Did anybody else get an email from Pottermore? I just checked my emails and I have one! Although I still can't get in yet. The main thing it says is "You have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!" and that my account will be activated some time between mid-August and the end of September. Gah! Hope it happens sooner rather than later. But I suppose I don't mind waiting.

I mean, hi.

^^^ :naughty:

Did anybody else get an email from Pottermore? I just checked my emails and I have one! Although I still can't get in yet. The main thing it says is "You have been selected for early entry into Pottermore!" and that my account will be activated some time between mid-August and the end of September. Gah! Hope it happens sooner rather than later. But I suppose I don't mind waiting.

^^^ :naughty:

Ah yes, the pre welcome email email. Yeah I got that one. I just want to get in already, not be told to wait more.

Also I'm currently in near full out panic mode over returning to placement tomorrow. Its my first day back since first term, I'm teaching for the whole day, and I learnt yesterday my mentor teacher is ill, and so will be away, instead I'll have a CRT. I wasnt sure about everything I needed to do, so was going to spend the time before school getting confident. So instead I'll be hounding the graduate in the other 3/4 room for assistance, because I'll need it to do the spelling and such (since my mentor teacher was going to assist me with it).

And yeah, I'm just all around panicking. Gah. Need to get through tomorrow somehow.

Ah yes, the pre welcome email email. Yeah I got that one. I just want to get in already, not be told to wait more.

Also I'm currently in near full out panic mode over returning to placement tomorrow. Its my first day back since first term, I'm teaching for the whole day, and I learnt yesterday my mentor teacher is ill, and so will be away, instead I'll have a CRT. I wasnt sure about everything I needed to do, so was going to spend the time before school getting confident. So instead I'll be hounding the graduate in the other 3/4 room for assistance, because I'll need it to do the spelling and such (since my mentor teacher was going to assist me with it).

And yeah, I'm just all around panicking. Gah. Need to get through tomorrow somehow.

You'll be fine:thumb_yello:. Everyone's a bit flustered first day back, anyway

And I want to visit Japan too one day. I'd love to see some of their temples, and then of course all the technological stuff. A bit of old vs new.

So would I!

I could never understand the hostility between fans, though I guess it's because there are a lot more in Europe and that people travel to other countries to see him whereas it's usually just us Aussies and we're all laid back and generally don't fight :dunno :

I gotta say that I think I understand it a little now.. there's a politeness towards long travelling tourists but if you just live an hour or 2 flight away then you are taking something that they feel is supposed to be for them in their country and then there's some annoyance/embarrassment at the obsessiveness.. that the locals can't just :bonk: and :stretcher: to a :plane: and *upyours* etc then go back to THEIR GIG and :fangurl: in peace... A bit like 20 Sydney people invading front row at a gig in Brisbane.. The opportunities aren't considered low or poor or rare for both places.. so it's a little rude if Sydeneers go to both and take away the Brisbanites opportunities..

I suppose not... though I am getting a wee bit excited about it (I just have to get the info from the travel agent, pay for it and then book accomodation in Scotland and I'll be sweet!)

Ohhh the land of 100% off!!! :teehee:

Oh yeah, Why is that again??? I would've thought that posing for pics here would've been better, cause there's fewer of us...

he's a bogan.
I'm also considering going across to visit Biance for a week or so if she's free in Nov-Jan time, since I will have finished Uni, and have nothing to do except apply for work. NOt that I've mentioned this to her yet.
I hope you drive her insane.

New *cough* Zealand? Tickets are actually sort of reasonable :aah :
I would love NZ...

*imagines mika having a party in a wheelchair*
You know that's exactly what he is doing RIGHT NOW... in his batman-knickers.. and a tutu on his head..

And here was me thinking the NZ/Oz rivalry was a giant conspiracy
*puts a drop bear in your bed* *hides the vegemite*

I maybe maybe just maybe might be coming over to Australia in January. Maybe. Hopefully. Odds aren't great, but they're there. :biggrin2:

we'll have to get some fush and chups!! :shocked:

Soooo OKD is getting a puppy then .... : fisch:
Something new to torment...

Lovely to see this thread moving again

Did you bring any chocolate offerings?

Meow: mf_rosetinted:

Oink.

Do you think I ought to read a Harry Potter book? I must be one of the few people on the planet who hasn't. : mf_rosetinted:

*is also one of the few*

tumblr_lpb18mK9da1qzaxy4o1_500.png

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. No.

do you promise not to talk to me and meow insanely at my cats too?

I'm thinking Karaoke :fisch :

and I will still find yet another excuse not to attend Karaoke.

would be good to plan a few days more next time..

*tiptoes carefully out of thread*:teehee:

*follows behind you quietly ripping HP pages out of a book and throwing them on the floor, UNREAD :mf_rosetinted: *

I mean, hi.

I rest my case. :mf_rosetinted:

That is an insanely long wait... and hi!

you will be fine!!! they are kids!! if they were teenagers I would say you are f**ked.. but alas... your lucky day... you will be fine. :naughty: