Press Conference @Le Printemps (2013/04/25)

DerMoment1608

• 1 month later...

Interview by "GLAM NIGHT #62". it was at Bourge in Aplil.

Cover, p.10, p.11,p.12 and p.13.

http://www.calameo.com/read/001216254978b280912e6

It's a DIGITAL magazine, you can read any pages if you speak French language.

Sadly, I can't.... hope anybody translate it.

Mika will be on Glam' Night Magazine - June Edition (thanks to @vanessa-love-mika for tweeting :))

941924_10151470712063253_1052672494_n.jpg

Edited by Kumazzz

The questions are exactly the same like posted and translated here :wink2:

I did but it seems it was already done :lmfao:

Never mind it was fun doing it :thumb_yello:

With each album , I rebuild myself.

Time flies by. Since his famous "Relax, take it easy", Mika went a long way . we met this young man in his early thirties during the last Printemps de Bourges.

Q: Mika, you are famous and well loved in France , what about the other countries?

M: It depends on the countries (laughs) In the USA I just did an accoustic tour in the most beautiful theaters and all the tickets sold in 37 seconds in spite of the fact that my music was never aired on the radio in seven years. That means that there I belong to the rather "cult" indie pop.

And now I m going to Asia. I ll go from little clubs to huge stages I never know what I m going to do next.Q Do you feel a difference between French festivals and others? Yes all festivals are different even in France. I love festivals with lots of different styles of music. They re better more inspiring because one is out of their confort zone and I reallly love that . If festivals are only pop or rock the atmosphere isn t as good. And festivals mean you discover new music.

Q What do you look for in festivals?

M Meeting people! When touring you almost never meet people nor other artists. Most of the musicians I know and those I collaborated wirh I met in festivals. It is less lonely you feel more that you belong to a community. Today that feeling is missing in music.Q Do you prefer huge stages or intimate gigs?I love both. I m a bit lost today because I just finished an acoustic tour with two musicians and all the sudden I m on a big stage again with all my musicians. When I start a concert I sometimes feel I m in a new place another country . But by the end of the show I feel home!

Q Do you have rituals before you go on stage?

M Yes I brush my teeth (laughs) I m quite obsessed actually I find rituals and I repeat them.several time.Q "The Origin Of Love" is a questioning about life?Exactly! I loved the title because it is classical proud and grand. But when you open the album and listen to the songs somd give the feeling that I m high totally hallucinating because of love! It s almost a disaster! And then there are very romantic songs and funny ones.... That s my interpretation of love it s about my life before I turn thirty. If I made the same album at the age of thirty nine it would be totally different (laughs)

Q That s true you will be thirty in August do you feel like going for new things?

M Well I don t know. I ve had quite a lot of crisis in my life already! Each time I make an album I unbuilt and rebuild myself during the process. Dorian who collaborates with me is more obsessed than I m by the step of turning thirty. (laughs)

Q Is there any risk of tiredness during the tour as you repeat the songs?

M The good side is that I move so much I can t be jaded as I never know what will happen next. And at the same time I prevent that by changing constantly the size of my tours which allows me to recreate my songs. As for the acoustic tour all songs were reworked on which makes them feel fresh and new!

Q When you were young did you think you d create music ?

M Yes! I started when I was eleven. I was kicked out of school I wasn t able to read and write well I was dyslexic and I started music. After I took lessons during nine months with my russian teacher who was from Moscow and very severe. And after that I started working. Those were two different words for me. At school I felt like **** and when I was singing I felt like an adult. So the choice was easy to make!Q Your universe is rather special and hard to define how do you explain that?I take it as a compliment (laughs) Actually I don t know I think it s because of what influences me. I come from classical music from theaters where everything is based on staging on colors. Maybe that s what it is. I like what gives a "danse" feeling and I find that in my three albums. It makes feel really good when I do something like that. This is not really an answer because I don t have any. Sorry (laughs) Q In your videos there are many effects and colors. How do you recreate this during your concerts?For a very long time I was very much into showing my visual universe on stage thanks to staging and people wearing disguises....which are also things I love to do.

But I have also understood you can do as much with music and lyrics. The less staging the more the audience gets involved into the concert! It becomes less theatrical people live more the present. There s enough musical contrast to domething that changes during the concert.

Q You were not long ago with "Les enfoirés" would you like to get involved into more charities projects?

M I love les restos du coeur organisation and shows. It is something unique in France and around the world. It s cult!

They asked me to be in it and I m one of the first non French to be part of it. I was on tour myself then and I was able to join for the two last shows. They put me on stage with no rehearsal no script no text to say only wearing a disguise. (laughs)

They said to me "Don t worry if you fall down it doesn t matter!" The other artists were telling me what to do! I was ashamed to make so many mistakes but at least I was ashamed for a good cause. But it is very serious what they do I was so under pressure and I was freaking out as if I were ten. (laugh)

Q What if he asks you again next year?

M Goldman after the first day didn t even look at me (laughs)

I was rather bad I think.

Q It is often said that Queen and Freddie Mercury influenced you would you feel like covering some of his songs?

M Not at all precisely because this is a poisonned gift making such covers would be the end of me. It s a huge compliment but it would be too dangerous. I m a huge fan but it s much too risky! Everyone asks me for Queen covers and I cover Barbara (laughs)!

Q Who are your favorite artists at the moment?

M I love Patty Smith and Woodkid is awesome too! I also like Regina Spektor a lot she s an american singer. Foir me Björk is my Madonna. There are so many I don t know where to start! I listen to music all the time it s hard to.chose! Right now I m in a Stevie Wonder period I listen to all his songs I m a bit obsessed! But that a good obsession. And I listen to David Byrne a lot too he inspires me so much. His music his clothes his disguises I find all this so refreshing!

Q Even though you re famous can you still do everyday things such as going to gigs or enjoying travelling in a new town or did it become complicated?

M No it hasn t become complicated if I have time to I do it. From time to time when I can be backstage and see a legend someone I love on the other side of the stage it s like in a movie! And I walk around a little and most of the time people don t recognize me I m too tall people believe me to be small (laughs)

Q What are your new projects?

M There s the new album to come. I would also like to be in a theater and create a classic very visual show. With screening and staging. That s my concept I really want to do this! I m also fascinated by arabic music and I want to do something in Lebanon. I m very tempted! But right now I m on tour and we ll see what happens afterwards!

Q Can you tell us more about your new album?

M I ve already started writing and I ll start recording in a month! I can t wait to do it again and make something that s breathing more less marketed. I really feel like it so I m starting!

Q Alone or not?

M With a very small group very concentrated. A lot less marketed. I limit time and ingredients to make something that I hope will be rather pure! I like the contrast with what I just did.

Glam night

Printemps de Bourges

The questions are exactly the same like posted and translated here :wink2:

Yes and it seems that the answers were slightly shortened . This is not the first time an article is published again. It is changed slightly but basically it's the same thing. :mf_rosetinted:

Bad journalists :sneaky2:

• 8 years later...

:doh: I forgot to upload the file to this thread !

GLAM NIGHT #62

Cover

737198720_2013.06_GlamNight_p.1.thumb.jpg.e9554a42e0b05fd2e1bac1d2dc71092d.jpg

page 3

1587953528_2013.06_GlamNight_p.3.thumb.jpg.2822a0510713146a1668799de9ec5e28.jpg

page 10+11

2012178772_2013.06_GlamNight_p_1011.thumb.jpg.5a402e80d89e7e3129c14b1a1d2d61fd.jpg

page 12+13

1500282785_2013.06_GlamNight_p_1213.thumb.jpg.8417f9f7fc9b72ac13753cec24fbf747.jpg

On 6/4/2013 at 8:11 AM, Kumazzz said:

On 6/5/2013 at 5:59 AM, crazyaboutmika said:

I did but it seems it was already done :lmfao:

Never mind it was fun doing it :thumb_yello:

With each album , I rebuild myself.

Time flies by. Since his famous "Relax, take it easy", Mika went a long way . we met this young man in his early thirties during the last Printemps de Bourges.

Q: Mika, you are famous and well loved in France , what about the other countries?

M: It depends on the countries (laughs) In the USA I just did an accoustic tour in the most beautiful theaters and all the tickets sold in 37 seconds in spite of the fact that my music was never aired on the radio in seven years. That means that there I belong to the rather "cult" indie pop.

And now I m going to Asia. I ll go from little clubs to huge stages I never know what I m going to do next.Q Do you feel a difference between French festivals and others? Yes all festivals are different even in France. I love festivals with lots of different styles of music. They re better more inspiring because one is out of their comfort zone and I really love that . If festivals are only pop or rock the atmosphere isn't as good. And festivals mean you discover new music.

Q What do you look for in festivals?

M Meeting people! When touring you almost never meet people nor other artists. Most of the musicians I know and those I collaborated with I met in festivals. It is less lonely you feel more that you belong to a community. Today that feeling is missing in music.Q Do you prefer huge stages or intimate gigs?I love both. I m a bit lost today because I just finished an acoustic tour with two musicians and all the sudden I m on a big stage again with all my musicians. When I start a concert I sometimes feel I m in a new place another country . But by the end of the show I feel home!

Q Do you have rituals before you go on stage?

M Yes I brush my teeth (laughs) I m quite obsessed actually I find rituals and I repeat them.several time.Q "The Origin Of Love" is a questioning about life?Exactly! I loved the title because it is classical proud and grand. But when you open the album and listen to the songs somd give the feeling that I m high totally hallucinating because of love! It s almost a disaster! And then there are very romantic songs and funny ones.... That s my interpretation of love it s about my life before I turn thirty. If I made the same album at the age of thirty nine it would be totally different (laughs)

Q That s true you will be thirty in August do you feel like going for new things?

M Well I don t know. I've had quite a lot of crisis in my life already! Each time I make an album I unbuilt and rebuild myself during the process. Dorian who collaborates with me is more obsessed than I m by the step of turning thirty. (laughs)

Q Is there any risk of tiredness during the tour as you repeat the songs?

M The good side is that I move so much I can t be jaded as I never know what will happen next. And at the same time I prevent that by changing constantly the size of my tours which allows me to recreate my songs. As for the acoustic tour all songs were reworked on which makes them feel fresh and new!

Q When you were young did you think you d create music ?

M Yes! I started when I was eleven. I was kicked out of school I wasn't able to read and write well I was dyslexic and I started music. After I took lessons during nine months with my Russian teacher who was from Moscow and very severe. And after that I started working. Those were two different words for me. At school I felt like **** and when I was singing I felt like an adult. So the choice was easy to make!Q Your universe is rather special and hard to define how do you explain that?I take it as a compliment (laughs) Actually I don t know I think it s because of what influences me. I come from classical music from theaters where everything is based on staging on colors. Maybe that s what it is. I like what gives a "dance" feeling and I find that in my three albums. It makes feel really good when I do something like that. This is not really an answer because I don t have any. Sorry (laughs) Q In your videos there are many effects and colors. How do you recreate this during your concerts?For a very long time I was very much into showing my visual universe on stage thanks to staging and people wearing disguises....which are also things I love to do.

But I have also understood you can do as much with music and lyrics. The less staging the more the audience gets involved into the concert! It becomes less theatrical people live more the present. There s enough musical contrast to domething that changes during the concert.

Q You were not long ago with "Les enfoirés" would you like to get involved into more charities projects?

M I love les restos du coeur organization and shows. It is something unique in France and around the world. It s cult!

They asked me to be in it and I m one of the first non French to be part of it. I was on tour myself then and I was able to join for the two last shows. They put me on stage with no rehearsal no script no text to say only wearing a disguise. (laughs)

They said to me "Don t worry if you fall down it doesn't matter!" The other artists were telling me what to do! I was ashamed to make so many mistakes but at least I was ashamed for a good cause. But it is very serious what they do I was so under pressure and I was freaking out as if I were ten. (laugh)

Q What if he asks you again next year?

M Goldman after the first day didn't even look at me (laughs)

I was rather bad I think.

Q It is often said that Queen and Freddie Mercury influenced you would you feel like covering some of his songs?

M Not at all precisely because this is a poisoned gift making such covers would be the end of me. It s a huge compliment but it would be too dangerous. I m a huge fan but it s much too risky! Everyone asks me for Queen covers and I cover Barbara (laughs)!

Q Who are your favorite artists at the moment?

M I love Patty Smith and Woodkid is awesome too! I also like Regina Spektor a lot she s an American singer. For me Björk is my Madonna. There are so many I don t know where to start! I listen to music all the time it s hard to.chose! Right now I m in a Stevie Wonder period I listen to all his songs I m a bit obsessed! But that a good obsession. And I listen to David Byrne a lot too he inspires me so much. His music his clothes his disguises I find all this so refreshing!

Q Even though you re famous can you still do everyday things such as going to gigs or enjoying traveling in a new town or did it become complicated?

M No it hasn't become complicated if I have time to I do it. From time to time when I can be backstage and see a legend someone I love on the other side of the stage it s like in a movie! And I walk around a little and most of the time people don t recognize me I m too tall people believe me to be small (laughs)

Q What are your new projects?

M There s the new album to come. I would also like to be in a theater and create a classic very visual show. With screening and staging. That s my concept I really want to do this! I m also fascinated by arabic music and I want to do something in Lebanon. I m very tempted! But right now I m on tour and we ll see what happens afterwards!

Q Can you tell us more about your new album?

M I've already started writing and I ll start recording in a month! I can t wait to do it again and make something that s breathing more less marketed. I really feel like it so I m starting!

Q Alone or not?

M With a very small group very concentrated. A lot less marketed. I limit time and ingredients to make something that I hope will be rather pure! I like the contrast with what I just did.

Glam night

Printemps de Bourges

• Like 1