New York Post PopWrap blog- Mika Plays Hard, Live, Sweaty

robertina

2 (two) pics and 2 (two) videos!

By Jarett Wieselman on June 24, 2009

I have been a fan of Mika's ever since the first morsel of his music jumped off my friend's bootleg CD and into my ears. While his falsetto is admittedly not for everyone, Mika is like a candy-coated hug for those who dig his grooves. His first CD, "Life in Cartoon Motion," spawned multiple hits and a few gym playlist staples -- particularly "Love Today."

Last night, he treated a few hundred of his nearest and dearest to an intimate gig that recalled his very first US show at The Box back in 2007. I remember standing five feet from him, screaming all the words to "Grace Kelly" alongside 100 other Mika-fans.

Although it's now two years later, little seems to have changed. Not only does his mound of cotton-candy-esque hair end up splayed across his face by the end of the show, but everyone still chants right along with the melody man.

Take a gander at two clips (for now) after the jump of Mika performing his biggest hits -- I'll keep an eye out for videos of his newest tracks, which he played before admitting that this would be the final stateside show before his as yet untitled album hits shelves.

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/06/mika_plays_hard_live.html

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is on his way to break into the US market:thumb_yello:

I am happy for him, and slightly worried at the same time....

A part of me always knew we wouldn't be able to keep him forever. :tears:

Ok, we still have time to kidnap him before they get him. We just need a plan :thumb_yello:

or a petition?:naughty:

hi sara, welcome back!

(they did not get you at least!:thumb_yello:)

Oh Robi, don't get me started, you know how much I love a good petition :roftl:, especially one that Mika will ignore in a second :aah:.

And thanks :huglove:

Ok, we still have time to kidnap him before they get him. We just need a plan :thumb_yello:

Vans all ready, just say when and where?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

T4P Robi, have you been away then?

I have a plan. It involves a vintage washing machine, cheese and handcuffs.I'll PM you with the details.:mf_rosetinted:

No trees or gerbils then?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Watching the Lollipop vid, probably could have used less balloons for such a small venue. How could any one at the back see the stage?

a petition?

i'm ready :thumb_yello:

:giveup:more gigs on saturdays, please :giveup:

and in small venues, forrever

no darling, the petition would be about 'keep the mika in europe' sort of thing :naughty:

i'm not a darling :aah:

:giveup:more gigs on europan saturdays, please :giveup:

and in small venues, in europe, forrever

some, few, gigs can be played across the world to the infinity and behind, but just sometimes