Let's talk about blue eyes

Mika isn't the only one who's made a song called Blue Eyes. Elton John did one years ago that's really lovely too. :original:

But what's so special about blue eyes, anyway? :confused:

In crossword puzzles, blue eyed is often synonymous with naivity. :bleh:

And a friend of mine told me: "Now that there's a big hole in the ozone layer (allowing more UV radiation to hit Scandinavia, against which blue eyes have no defense), brown-eyed people are at an evolutionary advantage, and will probably out-evolve the blue-eyes in the long run! :original: "

But I have a straight friend who has blue eyes, and he's just soooo sexy. :fangurl:

So what is it that is so damn attractive about blue eyes? Is it simply that we love shiny things? :confused:

Please discuss. :original:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mika isn't the only one who's made a song called Blue Eyes. Elton John did one years ago that's really lovely too. :original:

But what's so special about blue eyes, anyway? :confused:

In crossword puzzles, blue eyed is often synonymous with naivity. :bleh:

And a friend of mine told me: "Now that there's a big hole in the ozone layer (allowing more UV radiation to hit Scandinavia, against which blue eyes have no defense), brown-eyed people are at an evolutionary advantage, and will probably out-evolve the blue-eyes in the long run! :original: "

But I have a straight friend who has blue eyes, and he's just soooo sexy. :fangurl:

So what is it that is so damn attractive about blue eyes? Is it simply that we love shiny things? :confused:

Please discuss. :original:

I have blue eyes, can't say I've been fighting guys off:naughty:

I don't know why people find them attractive, I kind of like brown/hazel eyes myself:teehee:

Well blue eyes are a recessve gene, along with green eyes (my eyes are green), as brown eyes are the most dominant ones. If we really did all originate from Africa like "The Incredible Human Journey" suggests, then we all started out with brown eyes anyway, and dark hair and dark skin to protect us from the sun. But when we all started to leave Africa, we began to experience different types of weather and we began to evolve. Our skin became whiter, our hair became lighter and our eye colours began to change.

Yes, these different colours may fade in a few thousand years time so lets enjoy them while we got 'em :original:

Oh, and Lady GaGa wrote a song about brown eyes...

Well blue eyes are a recessve gene, along with green eyes (my eyes are green), as brown eyes are the most dominant ones. If we really did all originate from Africa like "The Incredible Human Journey" suggests, then we all started out with brown eyes anyway, and dark hair and dark skin to protect us from the sun. But when we all started to leave Africa, we began to experience different types of weather and we began to evolve. Our skin became whiter, our hair became lighter and our eye colours began to change.

Yes, these different colours may fade in a few thousand years time so lets enjoy them while we got 'em :original:

Oh, and Lady GaGa wrote a song about brown eyes...

i was listening that one yesterday, and thinkin how cool is that, she's got blue-green eyes and song about brown eyes, and mika's got brown-green eyes and song about blue eyes. :naughty:

i'm blue eyed myself:wink2:

So Blue Eyes are in danger of becoming extinct? :blink:

So they're rare, like diamonds. :original:

yeah, i think so too, but actually a lot of people i know has blue eyes.

mika never said why exactly BLUE eyes, has he?

Hi! I've got green eyes and have always been attracted by boys/men with dark hair and very light or very dark eyes:wub2: I don't know why :aah:

There's a french song by Eddy Mitchell called "couleur menthe à l'eau", it's about a girl with green eyes.

Shakespeare called jealousy "the green eyed monster" (was it Othello? It reminds me of Iago, one of the character saying that to Othello). Mika couldn't sing green eyes because of its connotation.

So "blue eyes" is really a metaphor for "sad eyes"? :original:

Sure. The colour blue represents sadness, and the person's crying. Although tears are clear and not blue at all, water is often coloured in blue, so...

So "blue eyes" is really a metaphor for "sad eyes"? :original:

Yeah, in the case of this song, I'd go with that.

I don't see the big deal about blue eyes either. Mine are blue, so I find them boring. :naughty: I loooove brown eyes. :wub2:

Here's an interesting article on the origins of us blue-eyed types. Only 300 million out of six billion people have blue eyes? I guess we are a rare breed. :teehee:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-02-05-blue-eyes_N.htm

Sure. The colour blue represents sadness, and the person's crying. Although tears are clear and not blue at all, water is often coloured in blue, so...

Indeed, the sea isn't really blue at all, it's just the reflection of the sky. On cloudy days it's just a murky dark colour.

Blue is a metaphor for sad in this song :dunno: I do love this song though. Its a train song :wub2::lol3:

My whole family has bright blue, peircing eyes. I used to have dark blue eyes, but when I became a teenager they turned grey. I now have grey eyes. How does that work :doh::naughty:

Nice discussion though :teehee:

Here's an interesting article on the origins of us blue-eyed types. Only 300 million out of six billion people have blue eyes? I guess we are a rare breed. :teehee:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-02-05-blue-eyes_N.htm

It says that the rarity of blue eyes differs from country to country. They're rare in USA, but common in European countries like right here in Denmark, where BROWN eyes are the rarity! Only 11% of the population has brown eyes. So it's MY eye color that's the rare one! Yay! :winner_first_h4h:

In Germany, about 75% have blue eyes. :original:

The article also says that blue eyes might have given an advantage to people in colder climates because they could absorb more vitamin D from the sun. :blink:

Archived