suisuimeko

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I listened to the interview live so here are the bits I remember:

-French people really like Mika

- songs from album were sad so he wanted to have a happy song (elle me dit)

- elle me dit was finished only a few days ago

- album is not finished yet but should be released in beginning of 2012

- Mika explained that after the release of his second album he did a tour for one year and a half, finished in November by South America and that he started to work on the third album in February

- intense making of album

- music dance sound from 90's but softer with the piano

I will listen to it again later after downloading your file (thanks for that) and could add more

Host: were happy to have you here mika

Mika: im happy to be here!

H: really, its a pleasure. Youll be back with a new CD, thirs solo record, TOOL, when will it be released? Because we're waiting!

M:*laughs* erm.. 2012?

H: 2012! when in 2012, beggining?

M: yeah, in the beggining i think! But its not dont yet...

H: oh, its still in preparation?

M: yeah...

H: how much time did you take to do it? You went straight back in the studio after TBWKTM?

M: after the second record, i did a tour that lasted a year and a half, till november. And then i started the new CD

H: at the end of the tour then?

M: no, in February.. so its only been a couple of months...

H: yeah, but the way you write songs is quite fast...

M: its quite intense yes..

H: and behind the piano, how do you get ideas? its all natural?

M: a bit... its a mix.. like when i started recording, i started with Empire Of The Sun and we left for Montreal... and im a fan of the band... so we started having fun. And then i wrote alone.. its a big mix...

H: yeah, its meetings, travels, inspirations, everything...

M: yeah.. but the records in English...

H:with a few songs in french no?

M: yeah well, when we began, to get inspired... i said well:yeah, i love songs in french, but i dont love translations from english songs. Thats useless. So i told myself that if i did it, it was gonna be on purpose. So i thought maybe, for the new CD, we could have a French version with a few songs in Bonus...

H: well, we're very happy about that!!! Youve got a very unique way to write songs no?

M: well, for example, this song we wrote it on the piano. I thought it would be cool to start with the mellody, a "transe"(not sure thats the right term) like 1990s style, but putting it on piano so it can breathe more...

H: and its a bit for the French audience that always loved you... Youre our sweetheart...

M:*laughs* of course

H: so were waiting for you.. theres a new show? something happening in France soon?

M: yeah, ill do Compiègne on July 9th and ill sing this new single "elle me dit"

H: that we'll listen to soon. But before listening to it... Can you tell us a bit more about the song? "Elle me dit" why?

M: well, "elle me dit" We were writting alot of songs.. and they were all sad and heavy.. and i had enough and i was a bit frustrated. So what could we do? I said: well, why cant we write a happy song.. it would be funny.. ITs like a mother telling to his son... hes 21, got no job, he finished university, he got back home. And his mom makes him a bit crazy.. She tells him: why dont you have money??? youll end up poor like your father.. you look stuck up or are you high or what? Write a happy song, not a depressing song...

H: well in general youre a happy boy mika.. no?

M: usually...

H: theres 2 "mika" maybe?

M: yeah.. thats for sure...

H: so this CD talks about love.. is there a reason? are you a bit "love" right now?

m: no, not necessarly... it talks about love.. but more about tolerance... its not traditionnal love songs. For example, for me, "elle me dit" is a love song.. Theres alot of ways that we can write love songs.. it can still make us dance...

H: heres "elle me dit" live on virgin! Thanks mika

M: thanks!

-song-

after the song he says that he just finished the song 48 hours ago and they decided to release it.... :D

Edited by LilStar

M: yeah.. thats for sure...H: so this CD talks about love.. is there a reason? are you a bit "love" right now?

m: no, not necessarly... it talks about love.. but more about tolerance... its not traditionnal love songs. For example, for me, "elle me dit" is a love song.. Theres alot of ways that we can write love songs.. it can still make us dance...

-song-

after the song he says that he just finished the song 48 hours ago and they decided to release it.... :D

only 2?? I thought he was the "three-of-everything" kind :mf_rosetinted:

Thanx Rox :huglove:

Host: were happy to have you here mika

Mika: im happy to be here!

H: really, its a pleasure. Youll be back with a new CD, thirs solo record, TOOL, when will it be released? Because we're waiting!

M:*laughs* erm.. 2012?

H: 2012! when in 2012, beggining?

M: yeah, in the beggining i think! But its not dont yet...

H: oh, its still in preparation?

M: yeah...

H: how much time did you take to do it? You went straight back in the studio after TBWKTM?

M: after the second record, i did a tour that lasted a year and a half, till november. And then i started the new CD

H: at the end of the tour then?

M: no, in February.. so its only been a couple of months...

H: yeah, but the way you write songs is quite fast...

M: its quite intense yes..

H: and behind the piano, how do you get ideas? its all natural?

M: a bit... its a mix.. like when i started recording, i started with Empire Of The Sun and we left for Montreal... and im a fan of the band... so we started having fun. And then i wrote alone.. its a big mix...

H: yeah, its meetings, travels, inspirations, everything...

M: yeah.. but the records in English...

H:with a few songs in french no?

M: yeah well, when we began, to get inspired... i said well:yeah, i love songs in french, but i dont love translations from english songs. Thats useless. So i told myself that if i did it, it was gonna be on purpose. So i thought maybe, for the new CD, we could have a French version with a few songs in Bonus...

H: well, we're very happy about that!!! Youve got a very unique way to write songs no?

M: well, for example, this song we wrote it on the piano. I thought it would be cool to start with the mellody, a "transe"(not sure thats the right term) like 1990s style, but putting it on piano so it can breathe more...

H: and its a bit for the French audience that always loved you... Youre our sweetheart...

M:*laughs* of course

H: so were waiting for you.. theres a new show? something happening in France soon?

M: yeah, ill do Compiègne on July 9th and ill sing this new single "elle me dit"

H: that we'll listen to soon. But before listening to it... Can you tell us a bit more about the song? "Elle me dit" why?

M: well, "elle me dit" We were writting alot of songs.. and they were all sad and heavy.. and i had enough and i was a bit frustrated. So what could we do? I said: well, why cant we write a happy song.. it would be funny.. ITs like a mother telling to his son... hes 21, got no job, he finished university, he got back home. And his mom makes him a bit crazy.. She tells him: why dont you have money??? youll end up poor like your father.. you look stuck up or are you high or what? Write a happy song, not a depressing song...

H: well in general youre a happy boy mika.. no?

M: yeah.. thats for sure...

H: so this CD talks about love.. is there a reason? are you a bit "love" right now?

-song-

thank you so much :flowers2:

• 6 years later...