Mika @ French Radio myontact.fr July 7, 2012 about the album and more

mari62

I missed the very beginning, hopefully we'll have a podcast

or

http://mikatube.com/audio/150/mika-at-mycontact.fr-20120706

thank you Vanessa for the news, unfortunately I saw it at the last minute

" @mikasounds sera en interview avec @MaguedContact à partir de 17h35 ! cc @MikaFanClub #ContactLive #Interview "

Mika will be in interview here http://www.mycontact.fr/playlist-contact.html# at 5.35 p.m today ! :D

Mika twitted right after the interview!!

MIKA official

‏@mikasounds

Live radio interview on contact and just got cut off mid sentence! Apologies if you were listening. Phone connection crapped out!!

6:05 PM - 6 Jul 12 via Twitter for iPhone ·

The translation :

Interviewer : ... With a new album in stores the 17 of september, called " The Origin Of Love "

Mika : Yes

Interviewer : The song " Celebrate " is with Pharell Williams, it's an universe more urban than your others songs. Does it mean that the album will be like that ?

Mika : No, not necessarily. In fact it's a collaboration between me and Pharell Williams and a band called " empire on the sun " and it's... The album have lot of references like Fleetwood Mac, the bee gees and things like that. I wanted to do a dancing pop, which make smile, which give a great feeling and when i watched Celebrate i say " it's summery, it's great. There is one side a little more dancing so it's a natural choice.

Interviewer : On the album, i read there will have a collaboration with Benny benassi

Mika : Yes ! Yes, i work with Benny Benassi and he's quite dancing. I worked with Benny benassi and after that i took these partitions, and we repeat them again with players of the symphony from London so there were classical players who played the partitions from benny benassi so it was quite funny to see these men of 55 years old playing on marimba and things like that. And it make me smile and it's quite surprising. It's a mixture of Mika's world and Benny benassi's world.

Interviewer : " The origin of love " will be released the 17 of september, Mika does it mean the album will be more electronic ? You said more dancing so more electronic ? Or not at all ?

Mika : there are two side on the album, one side is more electronic but in the same time there a side totally organic. For example the song " the origin of love " it's like Fleetwood Mac, there's a song called " Lola " which has more a bee gees sound, but in " Stardust " more californian and electronic. It's an album, i don't know.. I really had pleasure to do it and i done something i like and which make me dance, which make me smile. Of course there are slow songs too. One of them is called " Underwater " with no electronic sounds but in what i do, there are moments where i can mixe styles. So there are electronic sides, organic sides and sides almost classic but as i make my own music, i write what i do, i really can explore different sounds and it's a freedom and i'm lucky to have it.

Interviewer : So Mika you speak about the music, you often say your music is like love letters, but here we want to know for who is it ? We want name now because it's enough. For who are they ?

Mika : ( laugh) It's not fair.. but it's sure, if we have no reason to write songs what does it mean ? If there are not true and real and personal reasons, there are nothing.

Interviewer : Yes, i understood that, but what's the name ? Who is it ?

Mika : No, i put it in my songs but not on the radio

Interviewer : He doesn't want say it, he's in love ! So the album will be released the 17 of september and it's called " the origin of love ". So we spoke about Pharell Williams, Benni Benassi, will there have others duets ?

Mika : No, there don't really have duets, there are 2 productors i worked with, Greg Wells, i made my first album with him and Nick littlemore from a band Empire on the sun . There also have french songs , i wrote them with a friend called Doriand who is a french songwriter so for the French version of the album there will have 4 french songs with all the others. I want to mix the french and the english songs. I don't really want to separate them, it will be like we hear 2 english songs and just after a french song. For me it will be better, it's like a representation of what i am because i lived in Paris when i was younger and at home we speak french, english and a part of my family speak arabic so it's a mix.

Interviewer : Thank you Mika ! The song is called " Celebrate " in duet with Pharell Williams, the album will be released the 17 of september called " the origin of love ", tomorrow you'll be at Argeles for Les Deferlantes , the 17 of july in Nice, the 18 of july in Vienne... In short the hollidays are not for you.

Thank you Mika.

Edited by mari62

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The translation :

Interviewer : ... With a new album in stores the 17 of september, called " The Origin Of Love "

Interviewer : The song " Celebrate " is with Pharell Williams, it's an universe more urban than your others songs. Does it mean that the album will be like that ?

Mika : No, not necessarily. In fact it's a collaboration between me and Pharell Williams and a band called " empire on the sun " and it's... The album have lot of references like (?doesn't understand his name :aah: ), the bee gees and things like that. I wanted to do a dancing pop, which make smile, which give a great feeling and when i watched Celebrate i say " it's summery, it's great. There is one side a little more dancing so it's a natural choice.

Interviewer : On the album, i read there will have a collaboration with Benny benassi

Mika : Yes ! Yes, i work with Benny Benassi and he's quite dancing. I worked with Benny benassi and after that i took these partitions, and we repeat them again with players of the symphony from London so there were classical players who played the partitions from benny benassi so it was quite funny to see these men of 55 years old playing on marimba and things like that. And it make me smile and it's quite surprising. It's a mixture of Mika's world and Benny benassi's world.

Interviewer : " The origin of love " will be released the 17 of september, Mika does it mean the album will be more electronic ? You said more dancing so more electronic ? Or not at all ?

Mika : there are two side on the album, one side is more electronic but in the same time there a side totally organic. For example the song " the origin of love " it's like ? ( he says the name of a singer i think but i don't understand it :/ ) there's a song called " Lola " there's a song bee gees but in " Stardust " more californian and electronic. It's an album, i don't know.. I really had pleasure to do it and i done something i like and which make me dance, which make me smile. Of course there are slow songs too. One of them is called " Underwater " with no electronic sounds but in what i do, there are moments where i can mixe styles. So there are electronic sides, organic sides and sides almost classic but as i make my own music, i write what i do, i really can explore different sounds and it's a freedom and i'm lucky to have it.

Interviewer : So Mika you speak about the music, you often say your music is like love letters, but here we want to know for who is it ? We want name now because it's enough. For who are they ?

Mika : ( laugh) It's not fair.. but it's sure, if we have no reason to write songs what does it mean ? If there are not true and real and personal reasons, there are nothing.

Interviewer : He doesn't want say it, he's in love ! So the album will be released the 17 of september and it's called " the origin of love ". So we spoke about Pharell Williams, Benni Benassi, will there have others duets ?

Mika : No, there don't really have duets, there are 2 productors i worked with, Greg Wells, i made my first album with him and Nick littlemore from a band Empire on the sun . There also have french songs , i wrote them with a friend called Doriand who is a french songwriter so for the French version of the album there will have 4 french songs with all the others. I want to mix the french and the english songs. I don't really want to separate them, it will be like we hear 2 english songs and just after a french song. For me it will be better, it's like a representation of what i am because i lived in Paris when i was younger and at home we speak french, english and a part of my family speak arabic so it's a mix.

Interviewer : Thank you Mika ! The song is called " Celebrate " in duet with Pharell Williams, the album will be released the 17 of september called " the origin of love ", tomorrow you'll be at Argeles for Les Deferlantes , the 17 of july in Nice, the 18 of july in Vienne... In short the hollidays are not for you.

Thank you Mika.

The translation :

Mika : No, not necessarily. In fact it's a collaboration between me and Pharell Williams and a band called " empire on the sun " and it's... The album have lot of references like (?doesn't understand his name :aah: ), the bee gees and things like that. I wanted to do a dancing pop, which make smile, which give a great feeling and when i watched Celebrate i say " it's summery, it's great. There is one side a little more dancing so it's a natural choice.

Mika : there are two side on the album, one side is more electronic but in the same time there a side totally organic. For example the song " the origin of love " it's like ? ( he says the name of a singer i think but i don't understand it :/ ) there's a song called " Lola " there's a song bee gees but in " Stardust " more californian and electronic. It's an album, i don't know.. I really had pleasure to do it and i done something i like and which make me dance, which make me smile. Of course there are slow songs too. One of them is called " Underwater " with no electronic sounds but in what i do, there are moments where i can mixe styles. So there are electronic sides, organic sides and sides almost classic but as i make my own music, i write what i do, i really can explore different sounds and it's a freedom and i'm lucky to have it.

Thank you Mika.

Thank you very much for your translation Vanessa. I really like the interview.

Thank you Marina and Vanessa :flowers2:

Really looking forward to hearing the Benassi collaboration. It sounds so fascinating that this song has both an electro side and the symphony orchestra playing on it.

How rude to pressure him to say the name of his lover...

Yes, but that's gonna happen isn't it. That's why a part of me wishes he'd just say it, and have done with it. Once he's said it, it'll soon be old news.

But I realize he has to respect his partner's wishes too, so he's in a bind really, if his lover doesn't want to be exposed as such.

But I'm hoping they'll both feel confident enough, soon, to confess to being a couple. Then the lover won't need to stay home with Melachi when Mika goes to awards and parties etc. Mika's lover will be able to go with him.

It was bound to happen by calling the album 'The Origin of Love'. Trouble is , if he reveals who the lover is - man or woman- the media would concentrate more on his sexuality than the music ( although speculation to this has, in my view, already taken up too much time and space) . What would the name of a person mean to everyone apart from this?

Yes, but that's gonna happen isn't it. That's why a part of me wishes he'd just say it, and have done with it. Once he's said it, it'll soon be old news.

But I realize he has to respect his partner's wishes too, so he's in a bind really, if his lover doesn't want to be exposed as such.

But I'm hoping they'll both feel confident enough, soon, to confess to being a couple. Then the lover won't need to stay home with Melachi when Mika goes to awards and parties etc. Mika's lover will be able to go with him.

It was bound to happen by calling the album 'The Origin of Love'. Trouble is , if he reveals who the lover is - man or woman- the media would concentrate more on his sexuality than the music ( although speculation to this has, in my view, already taken up too much time and space) . What would the name of a person mean to everyone apart from this?

:thumb_yello:

What would the name of a person mean to everyone apart from this?

It depends what the name is doesn't it? If he's dating his dog groomer no one will care. If he's dating Katie Holmes and broke up her marriage to Tom Cruise (or vice versa :mf_rosetinted:) it's going to be the entertainment story of the year and Mika will be a household name within 24 hours. :naughty:

It depends what the name is doesn't it? If he's dating his dog groomer no one will care. If he's dating Katie Holmes and broke up her marriage to Tom Cruise (or vice versa :mf_rosetinted:) it's going to be the entertainment story of the year and Mika will be a household name within 24 hours. :naughty:

Is John Travolta still married, btw? :mf_rosetinted:

:ot:

How rude to pressure him to say the name of his lover...

I could understand the fact that some persons are curious about who is Mika's lover but I think that the journalist could respect Mika when he says that he doesn't want to tell who his lover is :doh:

Now days the journalists just want to have crispy news about private life and have less interest with what an artist is making :sneaky2:

I don't think he's ever going to say the name and it's dumb of them to ask. But I am waiting for the age-old question of whether it's a boy or girl because "protecting them" or "privacy" is not really a valid answer for that. :naughty:

Is John Travolta still married, btw? :mf_rosetinted:

:ot:

Maybe Tom and John can get together now. :naughty:

I don't think he's ever going to say the name and it's dumb of them to ask. But I am waiting for the age-old question of whether it's a boy or girl because "protecting them" or "privacy" is not really a valid answer for that. :naughty:

At french tv at "La boîte à question" in 2009 they asked Mika if he prefer boys or girls, he answered "It depends" :naughty:

That's why I'm quite sure he'll never really answer to this question a day :mikacool:

At french tv at "La boîte à question" in 2009 they asked Mika if he prefer boys or girls, he answered "It depends" :naughty:

That's why I'm quite sure he'll never really answer to this question a day :mikacool:

Yes but the answer must be different now because he's running around telling everyone he is in love with one person. So it no longer "depends". :naughty:

It will be interesting to see how he gets himself out of it this time. :teehee:

Yes but the answer must be different now because he's running around telling everyone he is in love with one person. So it no longer "depends". :naughty:

Sadistic girl :naughty:

Yes it's different but journalists want to know who is this person and I'm not sure that a journalist will ask if Mika is in love with a girl or with a boy :fisch:

I imagine the psychodrama if it's a girl and the other one if it's a boy :lmao: Ultimately maintain secrecy and the mystery would be the best thing:mikacool:

Then he should not be telling people that he is in love and to listen to his songs about it. :fisch:

I think he will quickly regret to have said that he is in love because all the journalists will ask him who is this person :doh: And I'm quite sure that some paparazzo wants an exclusive picture of the couple now:doh:

I think he will quickly regret to have said that he is in love because all the journalists will ask him who is this person :doh: And I'm quite sure that some paparazzo wants an exclusive picture of the couple now:doh:

I´m pretty sure he will tell us ´" it´s over now, I have no time to keep a relationship!" :wink2: ..........soon.........

I´m pretty sure he will tell us ´" it´s over now, I have no time to keep a relationship!" :wink2: ..........soon.........

Or maybe he can just put on his big boy pants and deal with it honestly and like an adult. :naughty:

Yes, I feel for Mika really. I mean, when you fall in-love you want to shout it from the rooftops. To some extent, Mika has done that. But he's stopped short of saying the name, since that will tell people he's either in a hetrosexual relationship, or a gay one. It shouldn't matter to people really, but he knows, once he says the name of his lover, then the cat-out-of-the-bag and out of his control.

However, if he wants to have a proper relationship with this person, and the lover agrees, they should just take a leap of faith and go for it. As he himself sings... "Remember those two letters, it'll be OK."